• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Night Of Champions Announce Team

gwumusic10

Gwumusic10
As I was watching this PPV something incredible happened....Michael Cole lost his voice and I found myself thinking thank God.

As Michael Cole was silent I paid close attention to the chemistry between Lawler and Booker T. I have to admit that they worked really well together and one thing that I noticed that finally happened that has been lacking is they were actually calling the action in the ring.

Normally when MC is involved you have this useless bantering and the action in the ring is rarely called and instead you have insulting and lame jokes among the announcers. The announcing during the time Michael Cole's voice went out was very fluid and was all about the action and I enjoyed the commentary.

My question is do you think the WWE would be better off with pulling Michael Cole off the announce team?

If so would you leave Lawler and Booker T or would you add JR to make the trio?

If not then give me your reasons why Michael Cole should stay on the announce team.

It's much like the entire WWE itself. There should be a face and a heel to make it much more entertaining. I like Cole, even though he is annoying most of the time. He is the heel of the group, sometimes bullying JR and Booker T. I just don't want him to get in the ring again. He should just stay undefeated at wrestlemania :lmao:

I was at the PPV tonight so I didn't here the commentary, but on RAW I feel like Cole spends all his time trying to make fun of JR and it ruins it for me. I like Smackdown's trio, I think Cole has better chemistry with those guys. I think Cole should stay exclusive to Smackdown. On RAW I think JR should take over as "The Voice" of RAW, and add Matt Striker to be the guy that puts over moves and rarely talks (think Tenay in WCW), and then Lawler as the color guy.

I understand why they don't want to focus on Jim Ross. He won't be around forever, he's only available for a short period of time and they don't want the audience to get accustomed to him being the voice of the WWE. That being said, they can do far better than Michael Cole.

<b>Scott Stanford</b> has a lot of work to do to be the next JR, but he has the perfect voice to carry the program. His voice is a classic radio voice that can really mesh well with WWE's programming. They should give him the Monday Night Raw the primary seat that Michael Cole currently occupies.

Michael Cole should be off the announce desk. William Regal and Matt Striker can be much better heels than him. However, his heel heat is undeniable and he should be a manager so he can get actual wrestlers over.

This is how I believe the announcers should be:

Raw- Scott Stanford, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler
Smackdown- Josh Matthews, Booker T and William Regal

Like that, they can build towards a future where Scott Stanford, Josh Matthews and William Regal are the primary commentators while also featuring old vets like Jim Ross, Booker T and Jerry Lawler on a regular basis until they retire. Jack Korpela and Matt Striker can serve as interviewers and backup commentators for each show.

Michael Cole, everyone pins the blame on him. He's consistent, incredibly funny at times that its stupid, actually interesting to listen to and always making sure WWE is getting over with the audience. The thing I loved most about him losing his voice is that he still made sure that he read out the advertisement for the next PPV. That's commitment, he could have been an ass and walked off.

Oh and Scott Stanford is by far one of the most overrated commentators. He's only liked because of his parts in Z-True Long Island Story.

My whole problem with announcing is when they say "I think (insert name here) will win this match", once they say that you know that exact person will lose. It happened with Beth Phoenix tonight and it ruined the match for me as I thought Beth would win until I heard that from Booker.

On topic, I also noticed the chemistry between Booker and Lawler. God bless Booker T since he was a great wrestler and entertainer in his prime, but his commentating is not up to par. Cole, who I don't hate as much as others, does really take away from the actual action in the ring when he makes fun of Booker, and honestly it gets really awkward to even hear. Booker isn't all that bad sometimes, neither is Cole. I'm not a huge fan of Lawler anymore, as I think his face persona is so stale over the mic. I'm not a huge fan of any of the announcers in the WWE except for Jim Ross, but really, it's a tough job.

As what Feedback said ... JR won't be around forever. Even though the current commentating skills are not on par back in JR's heyday its better in the long term to play around the commentary a bit to see which team has the best chemistry.

If Cole ever loses his voice again, I will jump out a window and slit my throat on my way down.

I decided to keep track of Booker Tisms on a whim. I picked more and more up as the night went on and skipped the Diva's match. I also think I missed a match or two since the board I was posting them to doesn't allow for username searching, but the count went like this:

21, 40, 58, 121

#areyouseriousbro?

How does Cole get slammed for saying vintage and this jackass can say stuff 13 times a match?

The team needs to have JR or Josh in it. Two color guys and one play by play guy who does more color than play by play simply won't do. I don't get why they can't just separate it into two separate tables again and just have Cole pick a side. That way you're not leaving anybody off and the announcers for the respective shows are covering their own action.

yes id pull cole from the ppv announce team and the raw announce team (i dont watch smackdown and dont care if hes there) with cole at the announce table they dont call the action in the ring they just have a slap and tickle fight back and forth and it annoys the hell out of me! i think a heel announcer is possibly the stupidest thing in the business and it just seems so fucking pointless to me! :banghead: why cant the announcers just call the action and not be heel or face? theres no need for a heel announcer and if micheal cole steps in the ring ever again for a match...f our lives :lmao:

Derp, ok, my post with Booker repeating himself 121 times got deleted. Here is all the stuff he said without hitting enter between:

right now - WOAH - WOAH - tonight - like I said - right here - tonight - like I said - right here - right here - WOAH - you got to be kiddin me - that's what i'm talkin about - like i said - like i said - right now - WOAH - WOW - like i said - WOAH - exactly what i'm talkin about - right here - right here - right here - right here - WOAH - WOW - let me tell you somethin - let me tell ya - right here - WOAH - MAN - WOAH - WOAH - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WAIT A MINUTE - right here - right now - right now - right there - imma tell ya - right here - right now - WOAH - check dis out - check dis out - right here - right there - imma tell ya - right now - check dis out - right here - right there - WOAH - tonight - OOOOOOOOOOOOOH - wait a minute - right here - OH MY GOOTNESS - check this out - right here - like i said - WOAH - imma tell ya - imma tell ya - right now - right there - that's what i'm talkin about - wait a minute - imma tell ya - right now - OH MY GOOTNESS - check this out - right here - YOU GOT TO BE KIDDIN ME - WOAH - lemme tell ya somethin - right here - tonight - WOW - MAN - right there - WOW - here we go - right here - MAN - wait a minute - that's what im talkin about - right here - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH - WAIT A MINUTE - WHAT DA HELL - OOOOOH - WAIT A MINUTE - YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME - WOW - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH - HERE WE GO - WOAH - WOW - right there - right here - wait a minute - what tha hell - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH - what da - what da hell - what da hell - tonight - right now - MY GOOTNESS - WOOOOW - WOAH - MAN - What da hell - WOAH - right now - tonight - right now - WOW - WOW - tonight

Sorry, but his vocabulary is just to small to be a color commentator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back