• Layla

• Kaitlyn

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
201208230_EP_LIGHT_NOC_kaitlyn-layla_C-homepage.jpg

Layla will be defending her Divas Championship against Kaitlyn at the Night of Champions 2012 PPV event. I can't quite say that I am looking forward to this match. I would much rather see her facing someone like Beth or Natalya, but at least Kaitlyn is being given a chance. She won the divas season of NXT and this is a chance to prove that she deserved that win. It's rather safe to say that this will be the match on the card that the least amount of fans care about, but who knows, maybe it won't suck. I'll have more thoughts on the matter once we reach the PPV weekend, but this did not have a thread yet and it needs one since it's already been announced as a match on the card.

Who do you think will win and why?

What other thoughts do you have on the match?

Discuss! :)

Trying not to be negative, I still think a "championship" match like this is indicative of the mess the diva division has become. I like Layla; I'm more impressed with her in-ring ability than I was during her days with Michelle McCool, in which they were more interested in posturing than wrestling. But after Layla returned, I was pleased and surprised with her match against A.J., whom they illogically eliminated from competition immediately afterward. Hell, they find a girl who can wrestle, so they take her out of ring garb and make her G.M. Oy.

On the other hand, during the few diva matches we get to see lately, management seems to be allowing the ladies to work longer contests than has been the norm for the gals. That was one of the things I liked about Layla-A.J.; it wasn't one of those 40-second spot-fests with no story being told and usually no logic to the ending.

The problem here is Kaitlyn. She's sloppy, hesitant and far from athletic. I was surprised to see her win that battle royale, although maybe I shouldn't have been, given the illogical happenings in the division.

How do you predict the winner of something like this? It doesn't seem to matter to WWE, so why should it matter to us? (Jeez, I hated when I read over that last line.:disappointed:)

I'll choose Layla, I suppose.....mostly because she at least looks like championship material in the ring. Still, though, she's had the title since the night she returned and WWE never keeps the belt on any diva for too long.

The storyline these competitors have been focusing around is Eve's which is weird cos she's not even in the match. In my opinion they will make it a triple threat for NOC or HIAC. Anyways I think it will end with Eve coming out with the Title

It kills me seeing Layla, Kaitlyn, and now Eve on the TV all at once because I want to take a bathroom break for other reasons....definitely the 3 hottest.

As for the title they are building it into a three way, I think Eve will somehow walk out with it considering she won her show on NBC. Mmmm 3 way.

Layla might be building into a program with the Miz, and Kaitlyn needs to do some Playboy err improve her in ring skills.

I hoping Layla stays the champion, I know she's had it for awhile but she's just now starting to actually defend it. The E seems to like Kaitlyn, but she is still to green for a championship, though she has improved since NXT.

BUT, for if any reason Eve gets into this match, I would be more than okay with her walking out as champion. Even though a triple threat win would be great for Layla...

Does Layla deserve it? sure she had a great run with Michelle McCool but that was so long ago, and what has she done since getting it? defended it like twice and only appears on TV like once every 3 weeks? she isn't a bad talent, they could give it to someone a lot worse than her. Kaitlyn is a going to be a good in the future if given the right amount of time, but due to her loss on Raw I'm not sure if they are going to have her win at NOC, and also I would like to see Eve get tossed into this because as of right now is anyone actually interested in this? no, not really and this could at least add a certain element to it because out of all the Diva's right now no one deserves the spotlight more than Eve, other than maybe AJ and she is GM right now so they can't throw the belt on her. So my idea right now is that if Eve isn't thrown in there I see Kaitlyn walking out as the champion

I'm gonna vote for Layla to retain the title. Although, she's barely even done anything with the title ever since winning it on her return at Extreme Rules.

However, I am disappointed with the way this "feud" has unfolded. They've done little to make us think that Kaitlyn is even remotely a threat to Layla's Championship. I feel like more of the attention has been placed on Eve and she isn't even in the match. Kaitlyn lost clean to Eve last night on RAW. That tells you how much they care about the #1 contender to the Divas Championship. Might as well just add Eve to the match now.

Although I'm not too much of a fan of Kaitlyn's in-ring ability, she is a fresh face in this Divas' Championship picture. They can really pull off something with her if they try to. The Divas have become such an afterthought, but if they do this right, they can make us care about the divas again. I feel like Kaitlyn has a character dying to come out to revive this division.

But I see Layla retaining the title at NOC, and then possibly dropping it at Hell in a Cell.

Up until last night, I would have said Kaitlyn was poised to win, and perhaps she still will. However, it seems that Eve is the one who is ultimately going to end up as champion. It may not happen at NOC but she clearly seems to be the company's fave at the moment. I have thought for some time that a heel Eve title run could actually work well as she is good at getting the fans against her, and thus, they will be behind her challengers. Layla is a good worker but gets zero reaction. Some of it is her fault, but the E has barely given her any tv time since she won the belt and she never gets to talk so it is hard for fans to care. Kaitlyn has potential but so far no personality development at all to create any interest in her. I really think no matter who wins at NOC, the butterfly belt is destined to be around Eve's waist sooner than later.

First of all, I don't even think Kaitlyn even deserves to be the NXT Season 3 Winner. I thought for sure that Aksana was gonna win that season with her storyline with Goldust. Kaitlyn probably only won it because of her feud with Vickie, which pales in comparison to Aksana's.

Anyway, back to the topic. After Eve defeated Kaitlyn for the Assistant to the Smackdown GM Spot, I thought for sure that she was gonna use her powers to insert herself in the Divas Championship Picture, or at least win the Battle Royal for the Number One Contender's Spot. But NO, Kaitlyn had to win that match instead, which doesn't bring any logical sense knowing that she just lost to Eve. Now, she just lost to the latter again last night, which still doesn't bring any logical sense knowing that she won the Battle Royal. Is this actually going somewhere? Is Eve actually gonna be inserted into the Divas Championship Match at Night of Champions, whether she'll use her powers like I've said or be awarded by joining Kaitlyn in challenging Layla?

As for who will walk out of NOC as the Divas Champion, as much as I want and think Layla will retain, the WWE could also make the surprise, like what they did with Cesaro, and have Kaitlyn win their match, again with no explanation whatsoever. Personally though, I'd have Eve challenge Layla instead, since they're the only two divas that I drool on right now (hehe). Plus, both can actually wrestle whose names aren't Beth Phoenix.

And speaking of Beth Phoenix, Kaitlyn may have her build, but she's still stiff in the ring.

I agree that Eve will get thrown into this, but it's honestly a tough one to call. If she does get put in it I can see her winning. Otherwise it's up in the air. Kaitlyn just came out of no where so I see no reason for her to take the title other than WWE doesn't care about the title. Not really much else to say about this match. I predict a title change here one way or the other.

Their is a rumor going around the net that Kaitlyn wasn't suppose to win the battle royal. Eve was suppose to win and apparently Kaitlyn and Eve botched the ending. With Eve pinning her clean on Raw it does make you wonder a little...It still a little hard to believe, but that would be absolutely hilarious if that rumor is true.

I haven't paid much attention to Kaitlyn, but her match with Eve on Raw was a trainwreck. She looked awful and was very sloppy. Layla should win.

Who do you think will win and why?

What other thoughts do you have on the match?

1. I think Layla retains, but that depends on whether Eve is added to the match or not. As the match stands, I'm leaning towards Layla because it would, in WWE's own world, build her up more of a champion. Kaitlyn can come up with the surprise win, but it wouldn't make sense given the current storyline emphasis on Eve. Unless they're trying to go with Kaitlyn and Natalya, which isn't likely.

2. I'm actually in the minority, and looking forward to this match. Say what you want to say about the divas division, but I still enjoy it for what it is. It can be tons better, but I'm not going to criticize them and what not. Wouldn't be fair since the WWE doesn't care much for this division. Kaitlyn still has long ways to go, but she's gotten better compared to how she was when she first started (talking about FCW, before NXT). Layla has improved and I've always enjoyed watching her in the ring. Will this be a great match? Nope. Good match? Divas standard? I guess. As long as I'm seeing some effort from them given they're handcuffed by the WWE in various ways, I'll enjoy it. I'm actually looking forward to this more than I am the Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio match. Divas division isn't much compared to the women's wrestling I watch in the indy circuit, but hey, it's the WWE we're talking about here. You're welcome for my irrelevant opinion. :lmao:

1. I think Layla retains, but that depends on whether Eve is added to the match or not. As the match stands, I'm leaning towards Layla because it would, in WWE's own world, build her up more of a champion. Kaitlyn can come up with the surprise win, but it wouldn't make sense given the current storyline emphasis on Eve. Unless they're trying to go with Kaitlyn and Natalya, which isn't likely.

2. I'm actually in the minority, and looking forward to this match. Say what you want to say about the divas division, but I still enjoy it for what it is. It can be tons better, but I'm not going to criticize them and what not. Wouldn't be fair since the WWE doesn't care much for this division. Kaitlyn still has long ways to go, but she's gotten better compared to how she was when she first started (talking about FCW, before NXT). Layla has improved and I've always enjoyed watching her in the ring. Will this be a great match? Nope. Good match? Divas standard? I guess. As long as I'm seeing some effort from them given they're handcuffed by the WWE in various ways, I'll enjoy it. I'm actually looking forward to this more than I am the Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio match. Divas division isn't much compared to the women's wrestling I watch in the indy circuit, but hey, it's the WWE we're talking about here. You're welcome for my irrelevant opinion. :lmao:

1.) Glad we're on the same page here.

2.) I can respect you respecting the Divas Division, but I have to disagree with the Layla-Kaitlyn Match at Night of Champions being a good match, even in Divas Standard. The problem here is Kaitlyn. Like I've said in my previous post, she's still stiff in the ring, which could hold Layla back. Layla may actually have decent wrestling skills, but Kaitlyn's sloppiness outweighs the current Divas Champion's skill. I'd rather see Layla defend her title against wrestlers of her caliber like Eve and Tamina than a Beth Phoenix Wannabe.

Your opinion's not irrelevant though, my friend. :)

Katlyn is a bland vanilla diva, that cant wrestle at all. I cant be happy about this. I think that if layla had a fued with beth, natalya, or beth it could be good, but a match vs someone that had one of the worst matches ever about a year ago is not going to be good.

I always look forward to Diva matches but even this one has my spirits dampened. I enjoy Layla as champion as she can put on a great match when paired with another good wrestler. Her match with AJ is the standout thus far, and her matches with Beth were good too. Kaitlyn is just absolutely horrible. She is extremely sloppy, and has no ring psychology whatsoever. I hope Eve attacks her before the match so we get some sort of storyline and a better match in the end. Either way, I hope Layla or Eve walk out as champ.

Their is a rumor going around the net that Kaitlyn wasn't suppose to win the battle royal. Eve was suppose to win and apparently Kaitlyn and Eve botched the ending. With Eve pinning her clean on Raw it does make you wonder a little...It still a little hard to believe, but that would be absolutely hilarious if that rumor is true.
When I saw that match I wondered the same thing

after 4 minutes...

[YOUTUBE]rzgE3OTYp0A[/YOUTUBE]

Thought that Eve was going to hold on that ropes and then come back into the ring.

If it stays like this than my pick is Layla. If it changes to tripple threat wouldnt be suprised that Eve wins that one...

2.) I can respect you respecting the Divas Division, but I have to disagree with the Layla-Kaitlyn Match at Night of Champions being a good match, even in Divas Standard.

I should have got it off my chest that when I say "divas standard", those standards are far lower than other people's low standards for them. Also forgot to add in decent, but after good and decent, I would have went to "I'd rather turn into a bum. At least my trash would be worth more than the trash they produce." but that's too harsh. I feel bad now. As I'm always going to say, I don't even blame the divas. I blame WWE more. I'm not expecting the best match from them nor a great one. I'm taking off my critic-hat and just going to watch it for what it is. After all, it's something we have to do sometimes rather than picking apart matches.

Additional thoughts: I hate that I ran into this, but it does look like Eve will be added. I don't like Eve, but a triple threat should be nice. Match should be a bit better if this happens. It just sucks because I think I'd rather keep the title on Layla than giving it to Eve. Eve, an actual good character, but rather give Layla more burn with that title.

Generally speaking, as far as ring work goes, this match could be decent if they're given some time. However, it's pretty much a throwaway match and a good time to hit the bathroom or get a snack.

I look for Layla to retain here for a couple of reasons. For one thing, in recent weeks, Kaitlyn is someone that's shown that she still has some work to do. She's alright but she's got some issues in the ring to work out. Most importantly though is that it was revealed that Eve was scheduled to win the Diva battle royal a few weeks back to become #1 contender. Eve's involvement in the Divas as of late as the happy, smiling sportsman (or sportswoman) points to her ultimately revealing her true colors at some point during a feud with Layla in which she'll capture the Divas Championship.

I look for Layla to retain her title in a match that might go to 5 or 6 minutes.

Layla is my pick for winning here. Kaitlyn is nowhere near ready for a title run and I'm not entirely sure why she is even being pushed. It's nice to see someone new in the title scene at least. I'd much rather it be Beth, Natalya, or even Eve, although it could be much worse. I'm also surprised that it did not come sooner, as in TLC 2010 or so. Kaitlyn should have gotten a Divas Championship shot when she won the divas NXT contest, now she no longer comes off as an important character after having been basically ignored for almost 2 years.

I fully expect this to be the worst match of the night and it's likely going to be when I head to the kitchen to grab snacks. I doubt it will be much of a match, even by divas standards I am not expecting much. It should go on towards the end, likely in between the Sheamus VS Del Rio match and the Cena VS Punk match. That way the fans get a break in between the two "big" matches. World Championship, Divas, and finally WWE Championship seems like a logical lineup for the last leg of the show. Kaitlyn gets time on a PPV, Layla retains and moves on to a new feud probably against Eve.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Layla retains the Divas Championship.

Layla I quess.

They have no other solid face Divas currently. Otherwise I'd question why Layla was still the champion.

I'd like to see Kaitlyn win just for something to happen in the WHOLE ENTIRE division that actually meant something, but I doubt it will.

Honestly I am a HUGE fan of GOOD womens wrestling and wrestlers like Sara Del Ray.

But at this point the division is so pathetic & forgettable I'd rather they just close the division & bring in something like the Nitro Girls.

I honestly don't care about the outcome of this match. I think it was on Raw a few weeks ago, but I remember a tag match, where Layla used her ass a weapon, and I just said "Huh. So this is what the Divas' division has come to." I'll probably take a break to watch the Lions/49ers game during this match, because I'm sure it'll be more entertaining.

Layla should pick up the win, because Kaitlyn is no where near ready. Say what you will about her, but until AJ works her way back into the division as a wrestler, Layla is probably the best choice for champion right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back