NFL: My Team Has the Best Fans

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Okay so had this idea for a thread and thought it could be an interesting idea so I decided to say why not and go for it. The idea behind it is for a given sport or sports league(I plan on doing more of these) pick your favorite team and defend why your team has the best fans. Instead of posting a general what team do you support thread I thought this would be a more interesting way to do it.

My Team: Pittsburgh Steelers.

Steelers Nation is bigger than a city, bigger than a country, bigger than a continent, Steelwr nation spreads all throughout the world. Whether it be a Steeler bar in Dublin Ireland, or a Steeler restaurant in Singapore, or having a group of Steeler fans in Auckland New Zealand, we are a global entity. Steeler fans love the Steelers and on the common good day do all we can to continue encouraging our team to another win against the Ravens, or on the bad days we look to the next season with pride and joy even after Tim Tebow has just won a playoff game in overtime. Steeler's fans bleed black and gold and the Steeler ways are engraved in us forever.

I think it would be very rare to find a Steelw fan without a terrible towel, I own 5. Which team season to season has the most fans in away games? Steelers. However I like to think there are no away games for Steelwr fans as each city we travel to has black and gold blood inside its boundaries. Every year no matter what Steelwr fan will tell you we are going to the Super Bowl whether or not it seems logical at the time. Steeler fans love one another and love being with our fellow Steeler fans.

Here we go Steelers, here we go, our battle cry which can be heard at every game echoes through the city. The City of Champions gives so much to their team and in return are granted with the most Super Bowl wins. We love our team and we have the best fans in the world.

Don't believe me, prove me wrong, I dare you.

I can't just sit idly by and let a Steelers fan do this.

Ravens fans have sold out every game since the team's inception; Ravens fans include Olympic hero Michael Phelps and bombshell Stacy Keibler; Ravens fans don't need gimmicks like towels, costumes, or claims of being the 12th man. Ravens fans are just as widespread and international as any fanbase, and our dedication has aided in making the Ravens a more valuable franchise than much older ones such as the Pittsburgh Steelers and Denver Broncos*. Two Lombardi's in 15 years as a franchise with packed parade routes and massive crowds in the Inner Harbor and at M&T Bank Stadium bookending said parades.

And all of these fans are chomping at the bit to see the (Paul Heyman voice) reigning, defending, professional football champions of the world take the field in just a couple of months.

*Forbes NFL team valuations, 2012

I think the population of Buffalo, NY is down to 8 people. Yet all 8 and 60,000+ of their friends and family get together every gameday and watch the Bills lose for the last 14 years and then they do it again the next gameday. Some days they do it in snow pants and winter jackets. It's a city still in economic recovery from the 70's and yet the fans still pay NFL prices to watch their team. They get up before the crack of dawn to put their grills in the backs of their pick ups and plenty of food and beer in the cooler so they can get in as much tailgating as possible pre-kickoff. Despite the long stretch of consistent losing after being a running joke of losing four Super Bowls they keep on defending and being passionate about Bills football. The nonagerian owner has been cheap for years, the management has made some terrible moves, the coaches seem half brain dead, and the players are headscratchingly bad on the field and sometimes worse off it (doesn't help when your greatest player ever is a double murderer).

The fans just keep on supporting.

Oh, and they know when to make noise and when to stay quiet.

Lions fans have seen as many winless seasons as playoff wins since the merger. They've been in the top half of the league in % attendance the last two years, just years after that unforgettable 2008. They've suffered through Joey Harrington, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Roy Williams, Scott Mitchell, etc. etc. Their best player ever retired within striking distance of the rushing record because he couldn't take playing for a loser anymore. They've had 1 winning season since about 98. They've become a fixture in the top 10 of the NFL Draft.

Yet they still sell out, and the fans still come. If that's not a great fanbase, I don't know what is.

It has to be Falcon fans, I mean look at the what we go through season after season, make it to the playoffs but never the big dance, they made it once way long ago and haven't been back since but the fans of the Falcons keep doing the Dirty Bird and keep on rooting for there team, I am in a Falcons group on facebook and when that game with the 49ers ended I didn't see many if any put them down, they was just said they'd be a Falcons fan til they die and that we will bounce back even stronger the next season. It takes a true fan base to stick with a team win or lose and damn the Falcon fans go thought that a lot let me tell you. I got a towel on my wall from the NFC Championship game last season(someone who went bought me one) and I still hang it proudly even if they didn't win because that's MY team and I don't care how good or bad they do they always will be my team

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back