Next Diva's Title Contender

GeTiTT

Pre-Show Stalwart
So this feud with Paige and AJ should be coming to an end soon. After Paige gets her rematch at Hell in a Cell not sure how much further they can go from there. So my question is who do you guys believe will be next in line for the Diva's Title?

I think a great storyline was building around WrestleMania time with Tamina Snunk and AJ. I know Tamina is out of action at the moment but I expect she should be making a return very soon. After AJ defeats Paige at Hell in a Cell i think it would be a perfect opportunity and storyline for Tamina and AJ. Other than fighting for the title, the 2 have a legit storyline how Tamina was in Aj's shadow for so long helping her hold on to her longest Diva's title reign...etc

what do you guys think? do you agree with Tamina of have another legit contender in mind?

The problem with Tamina is that out of all the Divas in WWE history, this woman may be the least charismatic. She has absolutely zero personality or the slightest shred of charisma but, to be fair, she's been cast in a pretty one dimensional sort of way. MAYBE if she turned babyface, or tweener, and was portrayed as a "tough gal", someone that's not all about looking hot in skimpy outfits, it MIGHT be a means of helping her stand out and forge some sort of connection. However, and this is only my opinion, I think WWE's best shot of getting Tamina over would be to build her up as a babyface somewhat slowly upon her return rather than immediately inserting her into the Divas Championship picture. Just thrusting her into the title scene upon her return without the audience having the slightest degree of investment in her, something she's never really had to be totally honest, doesn't sound all that interesting.

If you want someone that's guaranteed to produce quality matches with AJ and, in my opinion, does have some untapped potential, I'd consider Natalya to be a credible contender. The girl's got the skills in the ring, we've always known that, and I honestly think WWE could go the route of turning her heel, or at least giving her more of a harder edge, in a feud with AJ. The lynchpin of said turn could be AJ sort of picking up where she left off when she dropped her own "pipe bomb" regarding the cast of Total Divas last year by saying how disappointed she is in Natalya. Instead of being the measuring stick for what women in WWE should be, she's allowed herself to be turned into everything that's wrong with women in WWE. Instead of being the competitor she's always wanted to be or could be, she's primarily concerned about looking cute in her skimpy outfits like the rest of the Divas, or putting on a smile so that everyone "likes" her, worrying about her hubby's career shortcomings rather than focusing on her own, throwing away her own potential so she could be the kind of woman that management would want on a reality show, etc. Natalya could come to realize that at least part of what AJ said is true she decides to fulfill her potential, meaning she eventually has to go through AJ in order to reach it.

Even though a lot of people still give them crap, I have to give props to Nikki & Brie Bella because they've both worked really hard to improve in the ring. Brie is still much stronger in the ring than Nikki though, as I said, both have worked genuinely hard to improve. You give Brie 10 or 15 minutes against AJ, Paige or Natalya, tell 'em to go out there and tear it up, and you're looking at the potential for a good 3+ star match.

I say Naomi should be next in line for the Divas Title because she has worked her ass off to get to the top of the division, just to get knocked back by AJ Lee returning to the ring and taking the title from Paige on 2 occasions. Naomi can battle AJ and everyone saw she could at the fight her and AJ had before Cameron interfered. Now that her and Cameron have split, Naomi can be NAOMI and express who she really is and not a Funkadactyl

I too think Naomi should be the next one in line. I enjoy watching her perform more than the current top-tier divas. AJ-Paige feud is the same awkward stupid teenage "frenemy" shit for how long now? If it was happening in any other company, fans would go nuts against it. Bella Twins are as awful as ever; their learning curve is a horizontal straight line. Luckily for them, their current fu©k-list is very impressive, which can be related to a lot of things. Naomi is someone that climbed the ladder without banging any top talent, or having a huge smarky fan following, or belonging from Rock's or Hart's or any other wrestling family. She shows that a common man can be there someday with hard work and dedication, and is therefore my pick for the Divas Championship.

This won't go over well here, but I think Nikki Bella should get a run. She's doing a nice job since going heel, has the "story" to really get over as a heel(Stephanie's favor, being favored because of Total Divas, etc.)....she can get good heat off of those things, especially if she wins the title in an "unfair" way. She's improved in the ring, and is actually roughing people up in entertaining fashion lately since going heel.

I never thought I'd say this, but right now I'd be ok with a Nikki Bella title run.

There's nobody else who has any momentum at all right now. Anyone else would need time, and some kind of angle to be built up into a title contender.

My top choice would be Layla. Layla is the most overlooked Diva on the roster in my book. She made massive improvements to her in-ring ability and got a brief Divas Championship reign in 2012, but since then she's been ignored. She's charismatic, she's gorgeous, and she should be the face of the Divas division in my eyes.

#2 choice would be Nikki Bella, but I think they're going to hold off on putting the title on her until around the Royal Rumble, because I think they'll have her defend against Brie at WrestleMania 31 and lose.

Personally I believe that Natalia is fantastic in the ring but has horrible mic skills plus total divas has completely ruined Natalia for you in so many levels. Naomi is an ok option except for the fact that if she doesn't do any flips and doesn't shake her @ss so much she would probably be on the same lvl as Cameron. I want Charlotte to come up to main roster and be given a chance.

I like what you guys are saying if A.J. keeps the title after Hell in a cell I would say Layla for sure and than Nikki. If Paige wins at Hell in a cell I would say Naomi or Natalya, probably Nattie first. Whichever way you go you could have some good story lines. I like the Tamina story when she comes back, for now start to groom Charlotte she is ready to come up. Brie and Nikki at Wrestlemania sounds good, how about Brie and Daniel both winning titles at Wreslemania.

reading these few post i kind of have to say i also agree with Nikki Bella taking the title from AJ if the Tamina thing doesnt work. I think it can tie in well with her being the Diva of the authority and the "face" of the divas division. its a great way to bring more attention to the Divas division having her be apart of the authority and Stephanie's "handpicked" diva.

And to kind of go back to AJ/Tamina.. i believe they can have a good storyline feud without the Divas title.

It doesn't matter who holds the Divas Title any more. In this day an age that belt is meaningless. No diva is truly over and giving them 38 seconds to attempt to wrestle is not ever going to help. Leave it where it is until someone who is over really deserves it. Maybe another Diva from NXT but at this time, Layla, Tamina, Nikki, Brie, and Natty are all as charismatic as shit baking in the sun. They simply stink up the place.

There is nobody truly "deserving" and the biggest issue for them is that nobody comes close to matching AJ and Paige in the ring. They are head and shoulders above anyone else on the roster.

Paige has tons of fan support right now and support of WWE alumni and Triple-H. Can't just kick her or AJ to the curb.

First it is going to suck when the AJ and Paige feud thing ends.. This has become very entertaining,and very special.. They have awesome chemistry together.. Like JH i would love to see Natalya involved in a big feud with AJ.. Sure she can wrestle,ouside of AJ and Paige she is single handily the most talented diva on the roster..

Natty has been well deserving of this for quite some time now.. Its not like we have a lot of divas to choose from Natalya makes the most sense,well because she can actually wrestle..

Natalya may not be your first choice,she isnt barbie doll material or wears skimpy outfits to appease the male audience.. But i happen to liek the way she looks,but that is me. She can talk pretty well on the mic.

I still think the Divas title is very relevant. If they can get one or two more divas on the roster,(That can actually Wrestle)then this divas division will become quite interesting

I think that if ronda rousy every losses a UFC fight, she can transition to WWE because she is a big fan, she can come in and manhandle everyone and win the title off of page. that would be intersting. she can then form a powercouple with brok lesnard.

I can see the title eventually going to Nikki. Nikki as of now is the only Diva with actual heat so she can get a heel title run with plenty of boos, which naturally comes with the feeling of people rooting for her opponents to dethrone her and that hopefully gets more interest for the division. Compared to Paige whose supposed to be the heel but has that funny problem of too many people rather cheer for her no matter what she does, and thus has no problems with her holding the title.

I can see the title eventually going to Nikki. Nikki as of now is the only Diva with actual heat so she can get a heel title run with plenty of boos, which naturally comes with the feeling of people rooting for her opponents to dethrone her and that hopefully gets more interest for the division. Compared to Paige whose supposed to be the heel but has that funny problem of too many people rather cheer for her no matter what she does, and thus has no problems with her holding the title.

Agreed. Paige has the "credibility" of being a well-respected wrestler. Fans repect her talent. In this day and age, it's harder to get over as a heel for someone like that.

Despite her improvement as a wrestler, Nikki Bella will get a ton of hate just for being a Bella, as she doesn't have the fans respect. Throw that in with being Stephanie's(heat magnet) handpicked choice, and she could be a hated heel champ who the fans really want to see dethroned........actually a bit similar to when Stephanie was women's champ back in like 2000. She didn't "deserve" it, and got it by being favored, and the fans hated her and wanted her to lose the title leading to a huge reaction when she lost it.

With the current state of the Divas division I could easily see Charlotte dropping the belt to Bailey and going into the RAW/SD rooster to feud with Paige.

This if WWE wants to give some dignity to the division, my inmost fear is Briekki getting the belt... brr...

As long as it's NOT one of The Bellas. The last thing we need is a major step backward with a Divas Champion who cannot wrestle. The division has improved tremendously and they should keep moving forward. Summer Rae should get a shot, I'd also love to see Emma get a chance. Natalya makes more sense than any other contender. She's the got the best legitimate in-ring skills of the divas, she's good on the mic, and she has held the belt before. Whether she defeats AJ or not, it would be an excellent match. Layla wouldn't a bad option. They have plenty of potential challengers who could be good, but I have a bad feeling it's going to be Nikki. She's better than Brie (heck ANY diva aside from possibly Eva Marie or Rosa Mendes would be better than Brie) but it would be a huge mistake and either one of The Bellas ever holding the belt again would undo a ton of the positive change the division has seen recently.

Based on the new story on the front of WrestleZone.com it won't be any diva on the show so that eliminates Nikki Bella which is nice.

Nikki's in-ring skill is noticeably behind AJ and Paige, and even Naomi. She is so bad on the mic I want to pop my ear drum.

She's the eye candy of the group. Flaunt her breasts, maybe eventually do Playboy, and that should be all she ever does.

I know Charlotte will still be spending some time in NXT, but at least when the AJ v Paige feud ends I think it would be great to introduce her onto the main roster. Hell, maybe AJ and Paige doesn't have to end and Charlotte can just become a part of it. Either way, I would find it refreshing to have the emphasis put on WRESTLING again, and the title. If it isn't Charlotte, then I'd be ok with Tamina. I'd like Natalya, but as mentioned earlier, doesn't seem like any Total Diva will be getting the strap anytime soon. I don't think Total Divas is a completely terrible show, but actually moving Total Divas storylines onto Raw, no thanks WWE. Keep that thing away. DO NOT WANT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back