Next album you're looking forward to?

Thom

Hello there!
New music is being produced all the time. With that, the most ridiculously obvious introduction to a thread ever, I have to ask, what album, of any genre, by any artist, are you looking forward to being released sometime in the future? For me, I would have to say Lupe's upcoming third album Lasers. Quite a big fan of this guy, and this is an album I've been waiting for since I first heard about it. Over to you now!

Kanye west's good ass job album. I've been ready for that album ever since 808s & heartbreak came out and sucked. Kanye needs to stick to rappin instead of using shitty ass autotune to sing. The song power is one of the best kanye songs I've heard from him in a while. The track list was leaked on the internet and I've heard he's suppose to be working with eminem. That'll be the shit. Can't wait...

My two big ones for this fall are Kid Cudi and J.Cole.

Kid Cudi had a sick mix-tape back in 08, and a pretty solid debut album last year. The stuff I have heard from his upcoming album sounds like a combo of his mixtape and studio album, so I am pretty stoked. Comes out in October I think.

J.Cole is from right here in North Carolina. He had some solid ass mixtapes and Jay-Z recently signed him to his label Roc Nation. His album comes out in November or December I think. So look to be hearing about J.Cole a lot more once his studio album hits.

Well I got a couple..

Foo Fighters new one that's almost completed, I'm a Foo fan, what can I say.

Metallica's going into the studio again within the next year. Will be looking forward to that as well.

There's three right now that I'm waiting for an album to come out for. Two of them I actually have no Idea when they plan on making there next albums.

First Red Hot Chili Peppers-Come on there last album came out in 2006. It was completely awesome. I've been waiting and trying to find out when they plan on having another album come out but haven't seen anything yet.

Coldplay- I know they came out with their last album in 2008 but I'm hoping they come out with another. That's how good Viva La Vida was. It was so good I want more.

Bon Jovi- This is the only group that I know that plan on having an album come out this year. They said it's going to be a greatest hits album.

I was looking forward to Asylum by Disturbed. I got it earlier (the 17 song deluxe edition) and its pretty awesome. Not sure where I rank it yet, I need to listen to it some more.

Only two musicians jump to mind right now, and both men have albums dropping in the near future which is an awesome thing. Those two men are Lupe Fiasco and Kid Cudi. The best of the best in the modern age of rap, probably because of their old school feel and the fact that neither man dumbs it down for their listeners.

Lupe is by far my favorite rapper in the game today. I love his lyrics. They always tell a story and the beats are top notch. He was the first rapper who ever really drew me in and inspired me with the things he was saying. It is very apparent that he is not all about bitches and hoes but about enlightening his listeners not to make themselves stupid but to be smart.

Kid Cudi is the future of the rap industry, in my opinion of course. He has such a unique sound and is another guy that is great at telling a beautiful story through his rhymes. I am even more excited about his upcoming album then I am about Lupe's. I am so excited for October to roll around and for his new album to drop.

Honorable mention goes out to Dr. Dre, Kanye West and The Bloodhound Gang.

Oct 1st - My favorite electronic artist, The Polish Ambassador will be dropping a two disk album loaded with the best electronic funk you'll ever hear.

Sept 18th - A top five electronic artist of mine, Copy, will be releasing his third album, and his first in almost three years. This is the guy I was listening to when Pandora sent me in the direction of The Polish Ambassador.

Sept 18th - New Truckasauras album, It's going to be released along side the Copy album, and I'm pretty pumped for this one too. This will be the second Truckasauras album and they feature a more raw electronic sound, their first album blew me away with it's simplicity and awesomeness I was immediately hooked on their stuff and will be more than willing to drop my hard earned cash on all three of these releases.

I'm also looking forward to the Cudi release, as I really enjoyed Man on the Moon, a lot more than I though I would. I'd throw it in there with my top ten favorite rap albums, so I'm pretty excited to see what direction this second one goes in.

I was looking forward to Asylum by Disturbed. I got it earlier (the 17 song deluxe edition) and its pretty awesome. Not sure where I rank it yet, I need to listen to it some more.

Is it better than the previous one (which for some reason i can't even remember the title of right now)?

I'm personally looking forward to 'Gold Cobra' by Limp Bizkit, just to see if they've gone back to basics or changed all over again.

Plus the new Anthrax album because, it's just been bloody ages since their last album, and the new one was finished months ago, but due to line-up changes, it keeps getting pushed back!

Is it better than the previous one (which for some reason i can't even remember the title of right now)?

I'm personally looking forward to 'Gold Cobra' by Limp Bizkit, just to see if they've gone back to basics or changed all over again.

Plus the new Anthrax album because, it's just been bloody ages since their last album, and the new one was finished months ago, but due to line-up changes, it keeps getting pushed back!

Indestructible, and Ive listened to it a couple times through and havent come to that conclusion yet. That cd is actually my favorite one by them, or neack in neck with Ten Thousand Fists. It took me a little bit to really like the last one, so Ill have to keep checking this one out, but it is really good.

Lasers: By Lupe Fiasco
Hip hop to me has been dead and rotting for years, but they're a few shining lights and Lupe is one of them

Heartbroken and Homicidal: By Twiztid
Im barely into Pshycopathic records groups anymore, But Twiztid is and always will be a favorite of mine.

Metallica: Untitled album in 2012

Cradle of Filth album in October

Dimmu borgir new album

Kamelot newest album

Two upcoming releases have me psyched.

September 27th - Eric Clapton Clapton. What can I say? The man is a legend. I heard he's been preforming a couple of the songs live and since I can't be there in person I'd rather not ruin it by watching crappy bootlegs and just wait for the polished version on the album.

September 28th - Neil Young Le Noise. It only has eight songs on it which promises some long jams which is what I love about Neil. Down by the River, Cowgirl in the Sand, Cortez the Killer, and many more were all great songs. Mix in a few acoustic cuts and you have vintage Neil.

I definitely agree with everyone who said Cudi's new album. I can't wait at all, I'd put the first Man on the Moon album in my top 5 albums of all time I'd say, every song tells a story, and I'm hoping the next album keeps that up. I've been listening to Erase Me alot recently too, a fantastic song, hopefully a foreshadowing of the new album!

Indestructible

That's the one.

and Ive listened to it a couple times through and havent come to that conclusion yet. That cd is actually my favorite one by them, or neack in neck with Ten Thousand Fists.

For some reason, if i listen to each song individually, i quite enjoy them, but listening to them one after the other in the order they're in just seems to make my brain switch off half way through and i stop paying attention. As an album it just doesn't keep my attention, even though i find each song enjoyable on their own.

Whereas i didn't find that with 10,000 Fists.

It took me a little bit to really like the last one, so Ill have to keep checking this one out, but it is really good.

Fair enough. They're really trying to brak away from the stereotype that they got lumped with after 'DWTS' and 'Believe', and they're doing well all in all, just not sure whether i'll keep spending money on their new stuff.

Heard a new StoneSour track on the radio last night. Was actually better than EVERY song that was on 'Come Whatever May', so i may start giving them the time of day again.

I am reallllly looking forward to hearing the latest Black Label Society album. I pre-ordered it off Amazon and it STILL hasnt arrived.

Luckily, they said if it hadnt arrived by today...3 weeks after expected (which it hasnt) they will send me another copy...this album had better be worth the effort!

Also, Im looking forward to the Soundgarden compliation album "Telephantasm", there are several tracks from their early days (Ultramega OK album, and early EPs) that I havent heard, plus the new single...so that should be good :)

I am looking forward to Hollywood Undead's new album, whenever it is going to be released. I enjoyed their last album and I can't wait to see what they will do with the new one since they have a new singer, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back