New Red Hot Chili Pepper's

SorgFamily

Getting Noticed By Management
[YOUTUBE]huUpFIcH4Nw[/YOUTUBE]​

Well, that's the single from The Red Hot Chili Pepper's upcoming album, "I'm With You" due out August 30th. While I've never been the biggest RHCP fan they have provided a pretty large body of work that is always at least entertaining, if not great. The new song, "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie" continues on with RHCP being just as crazy as always with the title alone. The song unfortunately sounds like everything else they've already done. It's not a bad song, not in the least but it's a far cry from what I think everyone is hoping for. It sounds like it would have fit in perfectly on, "Stadium Arcadium" which is going to drive some people away just because there are always the fans that just want, "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" back. I think the thing people are most looking for though is the addition of guitarist Josh Klinghoffer who took over for John Frusciante when he left the band late 2009 (even though he says it was over a year before that). I actually heard they're pretty good friends and have jammed on occasion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeOhHdaX-u4) which would seem to signal that they are similar guitarists. To me it sounds pretty much like John, only if he was very shy and refused to play at the front of the mix. I mean, it's not his fault it got mixed to the back but they should know that pushing his mix to the back is going to make people question his ability. They should have let him come out firing on all cylinders and went from there. That's my humble opinion though and I'm not the one with the multi-million dollar contract so they can do whatever they please. The song overall is good but it in no way matches any of the singles off "Californication" or "By the Way" imo.

Thoughts?

Yeah it's a bit mellow compared to some of their other stuff, but these guys have always changed with each album, you listen to all of their albums and they're all different, also lets not forget that with the exception of Josh Klinghoffer, these guys are nearly 50 and probably feel writing a fast groovy funk song would seem slightly out of place. Overall I like it and am interested in the rest of the album.

I like it. Not a massive shift in their sound, but considering I like their last couple albums that's not a bad thing. Not much of a showcase for Klinghoffer, but I'm sure he gets the spotlight on some more stuff on the new album, which I will definitely get when it comes out. I'm a little surprised that this is the first single. It doesn't really sound like a huge potential hit, but it is them, so it'll do well anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back