• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Entrance Music? *possible spoilers*

DEGENERATE KID

Dark Match Winner
So there is buzz around the wrestling world stating that mvp and r-truth are getting new entrance music. this could very well happen after eitha of them win their respective brands mitb match.
if mvp wins a heel turn myt happen agenst mysterio for the whc.
r-truth however has been removed from his mitb match due to (kayfabe) injury by the miz, but it could b worked into a storyline seeing as though edge pointed out last nyt that truth only knew one song.
so wat i'm asking u is do u thnk the new entrance music is a sign of new thngs 2come 4 truth nd mvp respectively or am i just looking into it 2deep
ps. ths is my very 1st thread so comments and critiques r welcomed

I wouldn't see that much into it if there really is a new theme song coming for them.

Legacy got a new theme song back in the days. They didn't get anywhere neither. The same goes for Cody Rhodes right now. While he may seem to be going somewhere. I don't think that the introduction of a new theme music is gonna change anything.

Chris Jericho has had numerous variations of his current theme. As well as the "King of the world" theme. None of them has done anything more or any less to Chris Jericho.

A theme music changes nothing. All it does is give some new breath of air to what has grown boring.

So I really think you're just looking a bit too deep into it. There's not gonna change anything for R-Truth or MVP because of a theme song. MVP will still be stuck in the mid-card theme song or not. The same goes for R-Truth who will most likely never hit the main event scene in WWE neither.

And to top it off. It's still only a rumor. So until we either hear the theme song debuting. Or we hear a report about it. I don't think that their theme musics will be changes.

So there is buzz around the wrestling world stating that mvp and r-truth are getting new entrance music. this could very well happen after eitha of them win their respective brands mitb match.
r-truth however has been removed from his mitb match due to (kayfabe) injury by the miz, but it could b worked into a storyline seeing as though edge pointed out last nyt that truth only knew one song.
so wat i'm asking u is do u thnk the new entrance music is a sign of new thngs 2come 4 truth nd mvp respectively or am i just looking into it 2deep

Here. Have a cup of coffee so you can wake up;)

I wouldn't mind seeing a new theme for those two but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. MVP's face run is getting stale and R-truth's theme annoys me but it's over with the crowd. You do make a good point, however: A new theme for R-truth WOULD fit well into a R-truth/Edge feud. It COULD work but I'd rather see Edge/Bourne. So on R-truth, I think you ARE reading a little too deep. Sounds like Edge (and Jericho and Miz...) was just making a trash comment about a MITB opponent.

Now if MVP is given a heel turn, I wouldn't mess with the theme. It's already heelish. I'd say only change it if he's going to stay face (which I don't recommend). You may not be reading too deep but I doubt a MITB is in store for MVP, specially since he wasn't pushed to the main event after that epic reign as US champ.

Yep, no doubt about it you are looking to deep into this. A change of song or entrance doesn't mean anything normally, besides if anyone should get a new theme song it should not be MVP.

His theme song is cool and suites his personality (Especially if he is turning back heel as rumors have said) the only person who I think should get a new theme is Kofi Kingston, he isn't Jamaican anymore, remember? He's from Ghana!

Here is one critique… You need to work on your spelling and grammar. Out with that just keep ploughing away.

As for the new music, I wouldn’t look too much into it and that is what you have done here. New entrance music doesn’t not necessarily mean that you will be getting a push and we have seen the evidence of this in the past as people like Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase.

Sometimes, the best thing for a wrestler is just to be freshened up and I feel that both MVP and R-Truth are desperately in need of that. For me, both of these, guys whilst being over, need something new to help get them to where they need to go. Both of these guys are solid mid-card guys but there is something about them that just tells me that they will never be able to get into that main event. Hopefully, the new entrance themes are a way of showing us that the WWE have plans for both of these guys and they are not just going to get lost in the fold anymore.

Whether it means that the WWE will be making these guys win the Money In The Bank matches, I definitely think this is untrue. It may be a sign that both of these guys need to work on their characters a bit but time will tell.

John Cena needs a new theme song for sure, everything I hear his tune I cringe.

I like Truth's theme and MVP only if he turns heel, god knows he needs a heel turn his face turn has lost him in the mix.

You probably are looking a bit much into this, but I’ve always felt a wrestler’s theme could make a difference. There are three current examples where I feel their new theme helped. The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre. I think when these guys got their new (current) themes it really helped establish their identities. McIntyre is probably the best example. He had just another generic theme at first. His current theme is much better suited for his character and helps draw heat before he steps through the curtain. I don’t think MVP needs a new theme, but R Truth would probably benefit from one. While I don’t think a new theme is necessarily indicative of a main event push I do think it can make a difference in a character.

yeah, i herd about truth's new one, but for PPV's. and i wouldnt mind seeing R-truth get a push actually, the guy has a lot of talent if you seen him last time he was in the WWE, or when he was in TNA, so it would be nice to see, but not likely. do i think either one will win MITB?... im going to not say yet, after 'Mania, and swagger wingging the last, who really knows anymore. i was pulling for Kofi Kingston in that one, and yes, he does need a new theme too since he isn't "Jamaican" anymore, but it'll do for now. and MVP? he's fine right where is is, with the theme he has also. maybe bring back the bouncy house looking thing he use to walk through haha that was awesome

I can easily see MVP and R Truth getting new theme songs, and one main reason could be that WWE will want to release a new theme songs album soon and there's very few new theme's to put on it. Cynical and commercial, I grant you, but very plausable none the less.

Here is one critique… You need to work on your spelling and grammar.
My grammar and spelling is short-hand text

on topic:

There are three current examples where I feel their new theme helped. The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre. I think when these guys got their new (current) themes it really helped establish their identities.
anotha refreshed identity due to theme song recently was zach ryder and he also had a good thing going on in the dying days of ecw. It wouldnt hurt to have mvp turn heel coz his been stale since goin to raw.

hmmm... i dont see why everyone is saying he's reading too into it. music is a part of the package, the superstars intro should reflect the agenda that he/she has when stepping into the ring. i hated randy's new song, until i saw that it fit his new character perfectly. the miz changed his song, and if you noticed his video intro doesn't include the "m" in the mtv style font. and that has definitely helped the miz look like a serious threat.

now these rumors suggest mvp and r-truth are getting new intros???
i think mvp doesnt really need one, it sounds good for his most valuable player gimmick, which could easily be played as a hell or face.

and r-truth could do with a new theme, if he raps that one too, then it would be just another way to get him EXTREMELY over with the crowd. if he doesn't rap it, it would be a good way to forget about his pre-entertainment gimmick and have him concentrate more on winning matches (as a character of course) so i see truth as a win-win situation.

i dont think r thruth needs a new theme because his his very over with the crowd. MVP could use one but only if he turns heel.

If you change the theme song for R-truth he definatly needs some kind of heel push.
But MVP just needs to br where hes at because if you look at it somewhere down the road he is going to end the ses with Kane, and the Undertaker.
If you ask me who really needs a new theme song it would have to be ted diabiasie because the spoiled little rich kid theme is not goingvery well turn him face and have him feud with edge and get him over as a face. Also have the uso brothers go on the bad dude gimmick like there dad rikishi.

New theme music isn't gonna change anything for R-Truth and MVP as both will remain midcarders for a good long time. The only time that new theme music would really mean something is if somebody's going under a gimmick change, like when Randy Orton changed from the "Legend Killer" to "The Viper". Neither R-Truth or MVP are going under a gimmick change (MVP could potentially have a heel turn, but probably no gimmick change), so I don't expect anything big in the future for them despite the new music.

I think Jack Swagger needs a new theme. His theme does match his All American American gimmick, but does it scream main eventer? No. Every time he came out when he held the title, I expected him to come out and do that gorilla chest beat that he used to do. But when he comes out all stoic and all that, I'm like, "Oh, I'm supposed to take him seriously?"

Hell if they're gonna complete the Kurt Angle look, might as well put on "Medal" as his entrance theme. At least he'll get a reaction with all the "You Suck" chants.

Well, a new theme song can lead to a push of some sorts. In the past, we've seen big pushes from superstars like John Cena, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, and Drew McIntyre that came from a simple theme song switch. I think new entrance songs for M.V.P. and R-Truth would do great for both men.

I did notice Edge take a shot at R-Truth by saying that he only knew one song. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he returned with a new single... which I have heard rumors of. He was really starting to get a big push on Smackdown again, but then was drafted to Raw. Even though he held the United States Championship for 3 weeks... he still never really got a really push on Raw yet. I'd love for him to debut a new theme song upon his debut and hopefully it'll result in another push.

M.V.P., on the other hand was long overdue for a theme song change. Having been in the WWE for nearly 4 years with a theme song named "I'm Comin'"... I'd think after 4 years... HE'D BE HERE BY NOW! Anyway... I wouldn't be surprised if a new entrance music for M.V.P. would result in a heel turn. On Smackdown, he can find success as a heel or a face, but had it still been on Raw, he'd have to a heel as shown in his 1 year stint on Raw. So, I'd think a new theme would help him also.

Let's wait and see...

I think the music is what makes them. You can't sway too much from what they have, otherwise it doesn't seem to fit who they are. My only problem is with Kane, I personally liked his Finger Eleven song. As to why they changed it, you got me, I thought it fit him better than what he has now, whether he was heel or face. I personally think Drew's song is good. The only thing that gets me about it, is the very beginning, it is so FREAKING slow at the beginning, I thought they did good for 2 weeks when they started it where it picks up the pace when he would come in to the ring. I'm not sure why they did it like that for 2 weeks then were like "Okay..back to the original way now..."

I agree with mister_b1ll about Swagger...its almost a version two of Angle. All that missing is some red, white, and blue pyro and a more patriotic sounding theme with those "U Suck" chants. Swagger has the ankle lock, the singlet he wears, the American thing going. He should just go bald and change the song and go balls out to be fully dedicated.

So which generic nu-metal/hard-rock band will be singing them, is what you're really asking? What's Alterbridge up to these days, or are they out since they still sing Edge's theme? ;)

I agree with the consensus here that new music doesn't necessarily equate a push, or a turn for the better for a wrestler/group/team. Legacy, as was pointed out, got updated music and never really went anywhere, and neither did a number of other stars, though I do see cases where new music did precede a big push, like with Drew McIntyre. Hard to say one way or another, but both could certainly benefit not only from new music, but from a push, so we'll have to sit back and see.

i think you are looking too much into this. Truth may just release a new rap (NOOO MY EARS HURT) and use that as his theme. MVP, he has been using the same song since he debuted i believe, so he may want a new song
Originally Posted by The Brain
There are three current examples where I feel their new theme helped. The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre. I think when these guys got their new (current) themes it really helped establish their identities.
anotha refreshed identity due to theme song recently was zach ryder and he also had a good thing going on in the dying days of ecw. It wouldnt hurt to have mvp turn heel coz his been stale since goin to raw.

Also, Randy Orton's helped him cement him as a heel, going to the song that made him seem demented. Helped in the feud with Trips and McMahons.

i agree, you should work on grammar. short hand text is not for the internet bro. as for the topic of matter, i could think maybe triple h could start using his "king of kings" theme, although it probably would suit a heel HHH better.

r-truth: hes been using the theme since TNA, so "whats up" is that you should get a new theme.

melina: when she returns, maybe she can debut under a new theme. i mean the bellas debuted with a song, so should melina.

WWE Starts using production music when people debut or a new gimmick or whatever. I asked Mr.Anderson when he came to my hometown to do an autograph signing and I always though Jim Johnston decided who get what theme and he said its Kevin Dunn who decides who gets new and what music

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back