New Eminem Freestyle - Shady XV Cypher

smizzy

Doubt it, bud.
As a part of their 15 year celebration, Shady Records released a cypher that included several of its talents. The entire cypher isn't on YouTube, at least I couldn't find it, however Eminem's part is. Not a giant Eminem fan per say but I am a giant fan of hip hop and of course respect his place on the rap Mount Rushmore.

If you have an itch for a dirty, ruthless, fuck-your-face freestyle, then consider it scratched.

[YOUTUBE]soI5XHdoxmg[/YOUTUBE]

Shocked-Fan-After-Undertaker-Loss-to-Brock-Lesnar.gif

It's still a freestyle by definition, even if it's pre-written/planned out.

Em was very impressive on this but I wish it would carry over to his album output. I enjoyed the MMLP2 but his beat selection continues to be complete trash. If he goes back to stripped down Dr. Dre bass and drum production and spits these kind of lyrics he could release another classic. I'm sick of the overproduced Monster/Survival sort of tracks. And have you heard Detroit vs. Everybody? I was expecting it to be a badass posse cut with Danny Brown and Trick Trick but it ended up bring completely generic.

The rest of the cypher isn't really worth listening to. Yelawolf (who I am generally a fan of) does a sort of awkward spoken word thing but it falls short, and Slaughterhouse is almost completely forgettable as usual. Crooked I was decent but Royce and Budden are just boring and Ortiz didn't put much effort in.

Royce is actually really good but just to much gun talk. Didn't like the country white guy and the other dudes were whatever. It was a decent listen.

Royce is actually really good but just to much gun talk.

I'm just not a fan of Royce in the slightest. I found so many of his lines cringey on the Bad Meets Evil album, too much so to enjoy it. I feel like he tries too hard to be like Em with the name-dropping and references but he's just not in a position to do it. His old tracks with Em (Scary Movies, Bad Meets Evil off SSLP, Nuttin' to Do) are great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back