Need Help With Computer

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Alright, for the past, oh, 2-3 months, any form of video streaming site has not worked for me. I get to the site, and once I click a video, almost immediately my computer goes into 'Not Responding' mode and I lose my internet. Well, it's been pissing me off. I was wondering if there was anyone here that could help me out as to why videos aren't working.

If it matters, my computer is pretty brand new, just got it this Christmas, and I haven't had it broken/damaged.

Also, Dailymotion has never worked for me on this computer. Very annoying, especially if I wanna watch some older wrestling. Help. Please.

Just gonna go through a few questions. Just to save respond time.

Have you checked whether you have any viruses from any of the specific streaming sites? What kind of streaming are we talking about? Regular video or wrestling streaming? (Note - Do not name them or link to them!!)

Are your software fully updated? (Adobe, Java if used, Firefox / Internet explorer, Windows update?)

the only three things youll need are java, flash and divx, to me this sounds like a browser issue.

what browser are you using?

Make sure you have all the latest video codex and you have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

Yeah, that's not the problem. I get to the video screen and the thing loads for a few seconds, then it goes 'Not Responding'.

Just gonna go through a few questions. Just to save respond time.

Have you checked whether you have any viruses from any of the specific streaming sites? What kind of streaming are we talking about? Regular video or wrestling streaming? (Note - Do not name them or link to them!!)

Are your software fully updated? (Adobe, Java if used, Firefox / Internet explorer, Windows update?)

Youtube and dailymotion are the streaming that I'm talking about. Adobe is fine. It doesn't say that I need a new Java update, and I use IE.

the only three things youll need are java, flash and divx, to me this sounds like a browser issue.

what browser are you using?

Internet Explorer.

Ah very well, then viruses are probably not the biggest chance. I was thinking illegal streaming sides and all that.

But just in case, are you certain you're free of viruses?

Not 100% certain, as I keep getting a Norton Internet Security pop-up on me every time I turn it on. However, where would I go to check and see if there's any viruses?

Internet Explorer is your issue. IE loads real slow and has a lot of problems. Use Firefox with the Ad-block Plus and No-Script Add-Ons and for the love of god DO NOT USE NORTON! It is a resource hog and sucks up ram. I suggest using AVG free or NOS32.

You should just let a scan of your computer Papa.

Also Doug, yes it takes up resources and such, but it's also a great program. I use it at work, too cheap to use it at home though. Kaspersky is a wonderful other anti-virus program though.

You should just let a scan of your computer Papa.

Also Doug, yes it takes up resources and such, but it's also a great program. I use it at work, too cheap to use it at home though. Kaspersky is a wonderful other anti-virus program though.

It maybe a great program but there are other, much better software that doesn't eat up ram. For example Kaspersky, like you said is pretty damn good. I actually use a (pirated) version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and AVG and haven't had a virus or malware since.

Internet Explorer is your issue. IE loads real slow and has a lot of problems. Use Firefox with the Ad-block Plus and No-Script Add-Ons and for the love of god DO NOT USE NORTON! It is a resource hog and sucks up ram. I suggest using AVG free or NOS32.

Just started a download of firefox. Ad-block plus and No Script Add-ons don't cost anything, right? May sound cheap of me, but I don't want to spend boatloads on ad-blocking.

It maybe a great program but there are other, much better software that doesn't eat up ram. For example Kaspersky, like you said is pretty damn good. I actually use a (pirated) version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and AVG and haven't had a virus or malware since.

I used Kaspersky because I got a 1 year edition with my motherboard back when I purchased it. I was damn happy for it, now I use AVG though because I couldn't get a new version of Kaspersky.

The thing about not having any malware or viruses are just you being safer as well. AVG and Malwarebytes doesn't protect your computer completely after all. I used Norton for a longer period of time yet I still managed to get infected by a Trojan because I clicked a wrong link.

Once you install Firefox click on the "tools" tab on the top and then click on the "add-ons" you should be able to do a search for them there and they'll give you a step by step instruction list on how to install the add-ons.

Alright, I looked at my plugin check to see what things needed to be updated, and there were two things that needed to be: Adobe Acrobat and Shockwave Director. I hit update and it downloaded multiple times, but every time I try to view a video it says I need to update my Adobe & Shockwave. Any help with this?

Weird. Now it says the shockwave download is updated. I got the adobe reader downloading right now, so I'll see if it works in a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back