NCAA Tournament Pick' Em

I'm in...

Also, I had UTEP as my Cinderella well before everyone on Earth called it. Just ask Theo.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1890417 said:
Yep yep yep. Too bad they are going to lose to Murray St (maybe I don't know, I keep changing my bracket lol).

You have Vanderbilt losing to Murray State? Look, I know we're all desperate for upsets, but this will be one of the most chalk tournaments we've ever seen. I guarantee every one, two, and all but one three seed are going to make it to sweet sixteen. From there, it will probably be all one's and two's

Pitt got stuck in the easiest bracket and Kansas got screwed and they're the overall number one.. I'm joining this but it might not be until tonight.

Pitt got stuck in the easiest bracket and Kansas got screwed and they're the overall number one.. I'm joining this but it might not be until tonight.

I'd say Duke is in the easiest bracket. The only hurdle they have to face is Villanova. Otherwise, you have Baylor, Temple, Wisconsin, and other regular tournament softies. I actually may consider putting Pitt in the Elite Eight, and I'll see how I like them against Vandy going to the Final Four.

Temple and Wisc are both in Kentucky's bracket, right above the Dukies. Nova is good come tourney time, so they are easily the biggest contender. But that bracket could produce a sleeper team in Siena (been strong recently in the tourney), or the winner of the Richmond/St. Mary's game (I think either of those two could upset Nova). Lets not forget Louisville. If they beat Cal, they might be able to take out Duke in round 2.

You have Vanderbilt losing to Murray State? Look, I know we're all desperate for upsets, but this will be one of the most chalk tournaments we've ever seen. I guarantee every one, two, and all but one three seed are going to make it to sweet sixteen. From there, it will probably be all one's and two's

I'm not desperate for upsets, it is probably the only real upset I have. I really like Murray State and I think a lot of people are going to overlook them. I haven't seen much of Vandy this year so I could be underrating them, but I think Murray State is this years Siena.

I'd say Duke is in the easiest bracket. The only hurdle they have to face is Villanova. Otherwise, you have Baylor, Temple, Wisconsin, and other regular tournament softies. I actually may consider putting Pitt in the Elite Eight, and I'll see how I like them against Vandy going to the Final Four.

I think people are really underestimating Baylor. They went 25-7 with only two losses to non tournament teams. And neither Villanova or Duke has anyone who can match up well with Ekpe Udoh. They will also be basically playing a home game if they make it to the elite eight in Houston.

I think people are really underestimating Baylor. They went 25-7 with only two losses to non tournament teams. And neither Villanova or Duke has anyone who can match up well with Ekpe Udoh. They will also be basically playing a home game if they make it to the elite eight in Houston.

I've seen Baylor play against Texas. Udoh is a beast down low, but it's going to take more for the Bears to make it past Nova. Their perimeter game is second to none, Wright is a fantastic coach come tourney time, and I'm buying into the leadership of Scottie Reynolds.

By the way, I was indeed wrong, turns out it is Purdue, missing Hummel, and Texas A&M in Duke's bracket. I feel an at strength Purdue would have made the final four.

And with that, I'm going to warn you all on who not to drink the kool aid of if you're looking for an upset:

Siena: I've seen Siena play live against Fairfield, and only win by two. The sad fact is, the MAAC is an utter wasteland, and Siena padded up on beating cupcakes. They lost to every single meaningful out of conference team, even Northern Iowa. Speaking of which...

Northern Iowa: Who have they beaten again? Their best win is probably Iowa State, as they too padded up on a weak conference.

SDSU: Again, simply don't get it. Beat all of their opponents at home. Meh.

I'm taking for my upsets Old Dominion, Temple to advance pretty far, and Tennessee to beat Gerogetown

I've seen Baylor play against Texas. Udoh is a beast down low, but it's going to take more for the Bears to make it past Nova. Their perimeter game is second to none, Wright is a fantastic coach come tourney time, and I'm buying into the leadership of Scottie Reynolds.

Don't forget about Baylor's great guard play with LaceDarius Dunn and Tweety Carter. They combined to average more points per game then Nova's back court of Scottie Reynolds and Corey Fischer.

I have Baylor in the final four. Other than that, I have Butler in the Elite Eight and Cornell and Minnesota winning in the first round. That's about it though. Don't see many upsets this year.

I've paid absolutely no attention to NCAA basketball at all this year. I will still make picks though, and I am in as "The Girl Of The Pick'Em".

I signed up.

I actually already filled a bracket out over at ESPN for the Mike & Mike in the Morning show. In that I have Purdue winning the whole thing. Not sure if I'll go the same way with this bracket, however.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1890417 said:
Yep yep yep. Too bad they are going to lose to Murray St (maybe I don't know, I keep changing my bracket lol).

I have Vandy beating Murray St. UTEP is the only "high" seed I have going anywhere though. Cornell, GT, Old Dominion...All of them losing in the Round of 32.

Ohio State over Duke is what I think I have. Either that or West Virginia, depending on the bracket, I don't remember.

UTEP better come through for me. I'm the only one picking them out of the 1st Rd in the office pool, and since they're in my Elite 8, a win would cover up any other mistakes I might have made in the 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back