NCAA Basketball Conference Tournament and Selection Show LD

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Ahh, we're officially one week away from the greatest 3 weeks, aka March Madness, to begin. So get your pencil and paper ready, because you might wanna see these teams first hand before making your picks. (Or you can go at random and win the whole thing. Your choice).

The Big East conference tournament started off earlier this afternoon with UConn taking care of Depaul. Now we have Seton Hall and Rutgers going at it in overtime.

Also, there's a few CC games today (Summit, Sun Belt, and Horizon for sure that I know of). All CC games are on either ESPN, ESPN2, or CBS (which would be on Sunday).

Keep all conference tournament and selection show talk in here, plz.

I'll be honest, I would love to see one of these double digit Big East teams make a serious run and win the conference tournament, but that would be one less spot open for MSU. Any other year they can, but not this one.

Go favorites!

I love conference tournaments, why people shit on them I will never understand.

Rutgers is about to beat Seton Hall in overtime.

Also, am I the only one that can't stand the chick announcer on ESPN doing Big East games?

It has to do with the smaller conferences. Usually the smaller conferences have one or two teams that are going to be in the tournament. When those teams don't win the conference tournament, it takes away an at-large bid from a bigger school. It's like the regular season matters and doesn't matter at the same time. I rather have automatic bids be won by winning your regular season because it means more on the grander scale of things.

You're definately not, Shocky. I have no idea why, but I fucking hate her.

Just watched the Rutgers-Seton Hall game, and in my mind, Rutgers looks like they have what it takes to be this year's Northern Iowa-ish team. Or maybe I'm just getting a little excited.

Just a couple days until my Hokies must REALLY proove themselves worthy of dancing. We did it against Duke, but we've choked big time ever since. This game against Georgia Tech is gonna be the biggest of the year, by far.

It has to do with the smaller conferences. Usually the smaller conferences have one or two teams that are going to be in the tournament. When those teams don't win the conference tournament, it takes away an at-large bid from a bigger school. It's like the regular season matters and doesn't matter at the same time. I rather have automatic bids be won by winning your regular season because it means more on the grander scale of things.

It's no different then any other sport. You win games in conference during the regular season to get your seed for the conference tournament. The higher seed you get, the easier road you have. If a low seed gets hot and wins, so be it. I'm not too concerned about the 19-15 team that doesn't get in the tournament because Cal Poly Tech won the Pacific South West Coastal conference.

It's no different then any other sport. You win games in conference during the regular season to get your seed for the conference tournament. The higher seed you get, the easier road you have. If a low seed gets hot and wins, so be it. I'm not too concerned about the 19-15 team that doesn't get in the tournament because Cal Poly Tech won the Pacific South West Coastal conference.

I'm not that concerned about it, either. The tournament never has had the best 64 or 68 teams in it, so I don't know why they keep pushing that cliche or whatever.

I'm just waiting for Ole Miss to lose to South Carolina so I can push harder for Andy Kennedy's resignation ;)

I'm shocked Andy Kennedy hasn't turned out better then what he has. The miracle job he pulled out the year Huggins was canned at UC had me thinking he would be a damn fine coach for a long time.

I gave him a pass last year because it was like half our roster was out for the season. I expected a whole lot better this year because we had a terrible schedule. Our only signature win was at home against Kentucky and our best out-of-conference win was against Penn State. Chris Warren isn't going to be here next year so I don't know how we're going to be. I really wished Terrico White would have stayed another season.

I'm a St. Johns fan anyway because one of the starters has my last name.

Also, am I the only one that can't stand the chick announcer on ESPN doing Big East games?

Fran didn't seem to like her either.

Just watched the Rutgers-Seton Hall game, and in my mind, Rutgers looks like they have what it takes to be this year's Northern Iowa-ish team. Or maybe I'm just getting a little excited.

Quite excited. Like even more excited than Mike Rice. That excited.

I'll start caring more when the main conference tourneys are in full swing. I enjoy watching small conference title game highlights but I'm not trying to sit through a full game.

Way to put out an embarassing performance here State. 5 straight turnovers turns into an Iowa 6 point lead. Pathetic. This just isn't a typical Tom Izzo team. It's painful to watch.

Northwestern is giving the Buckeyes all they can handle here in OT, Miami is up one on UNC, and Dayton (#9) is up one Xavier (#1) here in the A-10 tournament.

So much excitement.

And just like that, both favorites (OSU and UNC) survive. OSU by 6 in OT, UNC with a Game Winner by Tyler Zeller. So much for the little guy getting their upsets worth today, so far.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Georgia hit a last second heave to win the game, but their coach called time out to huddle his players first. I love it when stuff like that happens.

Jesus Illinois is quite inconsistent. Way to blow a lead and a game you had to have.

Now I have two hours to wait and see MSU seal their future.

Michigan's win today should seal their tournament bid. Michigan State is still very up in the air. If they upset Purdue then they'll get in but if they lose then I'd probably say they're closer to out then in.

Well, now with their and PSU's win over Wisconsin, I'm a little more confident that State will reach the final. PSU has beaten them so I'm not 100% certain, but much more confident with them trying to beat PSU then Wisconsin. And I hope OSU beats UM, because a MSU win over OSU would help them much more then a UM win, and I don't wanna see UM in the finals since they have MSU's number (although Purdue also did before last night.)

Either way, I'm much more confident of them making the tournament with a team that will get a 3 seed at worst. I don't think tthey will even be in the play in games if they can notch another win tonight.

They might slip down to a first four game, but I don't think their tournament chances would take a huge hit. Especially since most of the other teams on the bubble are finished.

But yeah, it would be nice to get into the championship game and get to 20 wins. They won't miss it with 20-14 record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back