NBA's 60 greatest players of all time

DaBadGuy

Occasional Pre-Show
We all know about the 50 greatest players of all time. The list was created back in 1996 but over the time there have been some players who have elevated their game and created legacy's for themeselve's to be included some of the greatest. And at the same time their were guys who were good but couldn't cut the 50 greatest players list. So I created my own list, its the same thing as the 50 greatest players only I will add on 10 other guys to make it the 60 greatest players of all time list. So its simple as I said just add 10 players who you feel deserves to be on the list from the past or present.

51. Kobe Bryant-IMO the best Basketball player today. Love him or hate him the guy has put on amazing performances and has amazing acccomplishments.

5X NBA Champion
2× NBA Finals MVP
7 NBA Finals Apperances
1x MVP
12× NBA All-Star
2× NBA scoring champion
8× All-NBA First Team
2× All-NBA Second Team
2× All-NBA Third Team
8× All-Defensive First Team
2× All-Defensive Second Team
NBA All-Rookie Second Team
3× NBA All-Star Game MVP
NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner
Scored 81 points

52. Tim Duncan- The best PF of this decade IMO and he is still going strong. Timmy has done it all in the NBA

4× NBA Champion
4 NBA Final Apperances
3× NBA Finals MVP
2× MVP
NBA Rookie of the Year
12× NBA All-Star
9× All-NBA First Team
3× All-NBA Second Team
All-NBA Third Team
5× All-Defensive Second Team
NBA All-Rookie First Team
NBA All-Star Game MVP

53. Kevin Garnett-By far one of the most intense players to ever play the game of basketball. Since a teen in the NBA KG has been making a name for hiself and he's continuing to do that as he looks to add more to he's accomplishments.

1x NBA Champion
2 NBA Finals Apperances
1x MVP
1x Defensive Player of the Year
13× NBA All-Star
4× All-NBA First Team
3× All-NBA Second Team
2× All-NBA Third Team
2× All-Defensive Second Team
NBA All-Star Game MVP

54. LeBron James-Since he was in high school LeBron James hyped up and destined for greatness. Alot can argue that he's the best player in the league and with good reason. Let's take a look at what he's done in such a short period of time that he's been in the league

1 NBA Finals Apperance
2X MVP
NBA Rookie of the Year
6× NBA All-Star
NBA Scoring Champion
4× All-NBA First Team
2× All-NBA Second Team
2× All-Defensive First Team
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP

55. Allen Iverson- Although A.I. has an attitude problem and can be selfish the guy IMO would deserve to make this list. For a guy his size he has done and accomplished things to put a player amoung the elite.

1 NBA Final Apperance
1x MVP
NBA Rookie of the Year
11× NBA All-Star
4× NBA scoring champion
3× All-NBA First Team
3× All-NBA Second Team
All-NBA Third Team
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP

56. Gary Payton-The Glove is the epitome of that guy who you hate with your entire being, until he plays for your team. Then he becomes your favorite player ever. His talent was undeniable. He was a fantastic shooter, and one of the best defensive guards the game has ever seen.

1x NBA Champion
2 NBA Finals Apperances
9x NBA All-Star
NBA Defensive Player of the Year
9x NBA All-Defensive First Team
2x All-NBA First Team
5x All-NBA Second Team
2x All-NBA Third Team

57. Jason Kidd- Even at 37 Kidd is still a top 10 PG with amazing accomplishments good enough to make my list.

2 NBA Finals Apperances
NBA co-Rookie of the Year
10× NBA All-Star
5× All-NBA First Team
1x All-NBA Second Team
4× All-Defensive First Team
5× All-Defensive Second Team
Skills Challenge Champion

58. Dirk Nowitzki-I don't think anyone can argue against the fact that Dirk Nowitzki is the greatest European player of all time. Just look at the resume

1 NBA Finals Apperance
1x NBA MVP
9× NBA All-Star
4× All-NBA First Team
4× All-NBA Second Team
2× All-NBA Third Team
NBA 3-Point Shootout Champion

59. Joe Dumars- I had a hard time choosing between Dominique Wilkins and Joe D. But after I looked at the list of accomplishment I figure I have to put Joe D in this list.

2× NBA Champion
2 NBA Finals Apperances
6× NBA All-Star
1× NBA Finals MVP
1× All-NBA Second Team Selection
2× All-NBA Third Team Selection
4× NBA All-Defensive First Team Selection
1× NBA All-Defensive Second Team Selection
1× NBA All-Rookie First Team Selection
Detroit Pistons #4 retired

60. Dennis Rodman-Some people may think I'm crazy for putting the most controversal player in NBA history on this list but the guy is one of the greatest rebounders of all time and was the master of mind games.

5× NBA Champion
5 NBA Finals Apperances
2× NBA All-Star
2× NBA Defensive Player of the Year
2× All-NBA Third Team
7× All-Defensive First Team
All-Defensive Second Team
7× NBA rebounding champion

Honarable mentioning to Dominique Wilkins

I'm pretty sure Kobe, Duncan, and Lebron should all be higher then 51, 52, and 54. Especially the first two. Kobe has 5 titles and is one of the most clutch players of the game. He probably should be in the top 15. Duncan is one of the most dominant PF's of all time as well and should fit at least in the top 30. Lebron probably should be up there as well because of his records as youngest ever and already having 2 MVP's. Interesting list, but already I think guys are underrated.

I'm pretty sure Kobe, Duncan, and Lebron should all be higher then 51, 52, and 54. Especially the first two. Kobe has 5 titles and is one of the most clutch players of the game. He probably should be in the top 15. Duncan is one of the most dominant PF's of all time as well and should fit at least in the top 30. Lebron probably should be up there as well because of his records as youngest ever and already having 2 MVP's. Interesting list, but already I think guys are underrated.

I put Kobe, Duncan, and LeBron in the 50's only because the top 50 NBA players are already set at their position. And this isn't a real list anyway it's just the players I feel should be in the greatest of all time list if they were to add 10 more players. But if they were to do it over then yeah Kobe would definitly be top 15, I think Duncan may be top 20, and I believe Bron may be top 30 or 20.

The 10 players (In no particular order) not on the original list that would be on now goes as follows:

Tim Duncan- Mr. Fundamental has 4 NBA championship rings and is arguably the greatest power forward ever. He is easily on the list.

Kevin Garnett- Dude is a beast on the offensive and defensive end. He almost single handedly made the T'Wolves franchise relevant. He also finally got a title after being traded to Boston.

Shaq- One of the most dominant centers the league has ever seen. 4 NBA titles and numerous individual accomplishments make him an easy addition.

Kobe Bryant- 5 NBA titles and one of the most feared scorers the game has ever seen. he has that MJ like killer instinct and has proved he can carry a team.

LeBron James- Arguably the best player currently in the NBA. He is a freak athletically and one of the best passing small forwards the NBA has ever seen.

Dirk Nowitzki- People may shit on this pick but he is the closest thing to Larry Bird since Larry Legend retired. Dirk is a lights out shooter and has been a staple of the Mavs successful franchise.

Allen Iverson- All of the recent turmoil aside, when he was in his prime AI was nearly unstoppable. Possibly the toughest pound for pound player in NBA history.

Jason Kidd- Easily a top ten point guard all time and maybe even top five. He could pass with the best of them and was also a good rebounder for his position. He has even developed a decent shot late in his career.

Tracy McGrady- I know he never made it out of the first round of the playoffs but a lot of that is not his fault. Before the injuries T Mac was nearly unguardable. He was a good shooter and one of the best drivers in the game. If he stayed healthy he'd still be right up there with Kobe and LeBron as one of the best players in the league.

Dwayne Wade- Wade showed how valuable he was after missing portions of the 06-07 and 07-08 seasons. Wade is an elite scorer and also a solid defender. great slasher, has developed a solid shot, and is one of the best players currently in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back