Nature Boy for The New Millenium

BillAlfonso

Getting Noticed By Management
Since it seems that Flair's career is "over," do you think it's time for the mantle of Nature Boy to be passed to someone? Flair could manage him or whatever but the character of the Nature Boy is still good and could be used if tweeked for today. For that matter, what the hell is a Nature Boy, anyway? :flair: WOOOOO!

I think it should be passed to John Morrisson as he already has the "stylin and profilin" gimick- and also with his johnny nitro character. He also wears the big coats with fur etc that flair would have had similar any ways. He has the look, the talent, h's getting over - he should be the new Naitch!!!!! Not the new Shaun Michaels (he does have similarites) but id prefer if he had the flair gimmick . The only thing he lacks lok wise is buddy rogers'/ric flairs bleach blonde hair- thats something a little peroxide would sort out.

Thoughts.........

I don't think that it would be constructive for any star's career at this moment to put such an unfair comparison on them like the mantle of Nature Boy. That would be the unfortunate outcome of placing that name on any wrestler: they would forever be in the shadow of Ric Flair, 16 time World Champion, WOOOO! and all that jazz.

I think that it is not a bad thing to shoot for being Flair-esque, but just slapping the name of Nature Boy on someone would just put an unfair strain on that person to live up to the standard that Ric set.

The problem with the Nature Boy gimmick is that it comes around once in a lifetime. Wrestling was fortunate to have Buddy Rodgers followed by Ric Flair. However not only do you have to have the natural bleach blond hair but the natural charisma and the ability to stir up the crowd and opponents. Unfortunately because of this I don't think we will see another Nature Boy for many years.

How about Dolph Ziggler? I know it may be a longshot now, but he has the look (which can also be modified a bit), he has the arrogant attitude (Ric Flair was known for his heel work), and I think it's hard to deny that he has potential. Maybe you don't have to give him the "Nature Boy" moniker officially, but if he started stealing Flair's gimmick and using it as his own I think it could be believable.

Ziggler needs work. Flair had a bunch of veterans to learn from who were more than willing to help him. In todays wrestling world most veterans wont help the younger stars in such a way as to basically let them become clingy in exchange for carrying bags and driving them to wherever they needed to go.

Also with Ziggler already being on tv and in the spotlight it will be difficult for an outright change in gimmick to work without him changing his physical look to a degree (Lengthen his hair, etc).

I think the only way it would work for Ziggler would be for him to be taken off tv for an extended period of time and given to Ric Flair to mold in his image. Then maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.

The Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers
The Nature Boy Ric Flair
The Nature Boy Dolph Ziggler?

Doesn't have a good ring to it. I think we should just let the Nature Boy Gimmick die down for a while until someone young that you can just look at once and say "Wow, he could be the Nature Boy" pops up. Right now that just doesnt seem to be in the works in my opinion.

Since it seems that Flair's career is "over," do you think it's time for the mantle of Nature Boy to be passed to someone? Flair could manage him or whatever but the character of the Nature Boy is still good and could be used if tweeked for today. For that matter, what the hell is a Nature Boy, anyway? :flair: WOOOOO!
the new nature boy is HHH & has been for a while .

Yo man, I believe the person who is already stylin' and profilin' is MVP. Think about it Flair in the VIP lounge with MVP, WooooooOOOooo...

I don't think anyone can have the Nature Boy gimmick. For one, wrestling has changed so much through the years since Flair took the gimmick, he has a different style than anyone in present day wrestling. People wouldn't be able to get out of his shadow either. It's just like the Hulk Hogan, Mr.America gimmick, while it can be replicated a bit, it can't fully be done justice.

Yo man, I believe the person who is already stylin' and profilin' is MVP. Think about it Flair in the VIP lounge with MVP, WooooooOOOooo...
mvp can not be the new nature boy because he is black. the nature boy gimmick is racist as helll. you have to be a white blond to do the nature boy gimmick. HHH became the new nature boy years ago & you people need to realize that.HHH biased everything he did off ric flair & harley race..

I remember Ricky Steamboat calling CM Punk the next Ric Flair back in 2004, and Punk is that good. But unfortunately, his straight edge gimmick and tattoos and shit like that could never work with the Nature Boy moniker. So, while I think Punk is the closest worker in WWE that comes close to being as good as Ric Flair was in his prime (if not better), he could still never be the Nature Boy. And personally, as of right now, I don't think anyone could.

There will never be another Ric Flair, even though he passed the torch to Triple H with the whole Evolution gimmick it wasn't the same. Triple H is unfortunatley the closet to Ric Flair we will see. With all due respect, CM Punk is no where in the same league the nature boy once was. I don't think CM Punk can draw flies let alone money like Flair, Hogan, Savage, Steamboat, Sting, Austin, Rock, Micheals, Bret Hart, Undertaker, and so on and so on.

IMO, HHH is not the new Nature Boy. From what I can tell the Nature Boy gimmick is all about style and pizzaz, that's not HHH. HHH is more brutality and strength. Also, the Nature Boy gimmick isn't Ric Flair's gimmick it the gimmick Ric Flair use, it's Buddy Rogers if it's anybody's. I actually think that the Nature Boy gimmick could work if it's tweeked for today, same basics but a few wrinkles for the times. Ric Flair's Nature Boy is different because when he took it up, it was a different time than when Buddy Rogers began it but basically the same.

You need someone that can draw heat from the crowd.
You need someone that has good looks.
You need someone that is a good wrestler, and can make other people look good.

As far as the above, John Morrison or MVP are my picks.

Regardless of MVP's race, the guy is a hell of an entertainer and could very well be anything, including the next Nature Boy.

The One Big problem with all this is u can pass on a gimmick as long as u get the right person... If u pass it on 2 the wrong person it just sucks and goes away... 2 perfect examples of this is when the used henndricks with Animal for the new L.O.D that was gay... no one really believed in it and it went away pretty quick... Another good example was the guy they stuck as Rowdy Pippers Aprentice.... I can cant even remember his name... O'Hare somthing I think...

The point is it would be good to pass on the Nature Boy tittle if you have the right guy.... But to do it just to try to improve a new guy or bring anew guy in... is just stupid....

If the Tittle goes to anyone it should go 2 someone estaiblished...... HHH is a very good choice.... But to pass it on with todays talent roster is a very touchy decision.

That's pointless. When people hear "nature boy", they're going to think Ric Flair. Why bother trying to change that? It's like unretiring Michael Jordan's number and making a new Bull wear it and going "here, you're his airness now." No reason to put that kind of pressure on somebody. The E should probably be thinking about how to get new guys over and making them entertaining, not living in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back