• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nate Marquardt Signs With Strikeforce

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Ariel Helwani just confirmed that Nate Marquardt signed with Strikeforce, and will stay at Welterweight. His first fight is likely going to be against Tyrone Woodley for the vacant Strikeforce Welterweight Title later this year.

Are you surprised that Dana kindasorta gave Nate a second chance? Even though Nate is a dirty cheater, he's still definitely a tough fighter and fun to watch, and deserves to be in the big leagues.

Nate also has a tendency to get wrestled on though, and chances are, Woodley will lie on top of Nate for five rounds.

I kind of saw this coming when Nate left BAMMA without even ever fighting for them. It's almost like he sat out a suspension and now he's coming off of it, ya know?

It makes sense for Zuffa, because Strikeforce is seriously lacking in star power, and Nate brings some to it. He's a solid fighter who is generally pretty entertaining. I think he beats Woodley, actually. Woodley hasn't overly impressed me, even with his wrestling, and I think Nate will be extra motivated and be able to shrug off most of the takedowns and rough the Tyron up on the feet.

In all honesty, I don't see this being the only type of move like this they pull for Strikeforce in the coming months. My guess is the next "disgraced" UFC fighter to pop up in Stikeforce will be Rumble Johnson. Probably at 205.

Not surprised at all, Dana has a tendency to make big statements when he's pissed and then regret them, like Nate Marquardt will never fight in the UFC again. This is the perfect way to keep a talented guy and big money maker under him without breaking what he said. :p In all seriousness though I kinda saw this one happening and it works out well, I think that he'll have a close one with Tyron but I am worried about him going up against another wrestler. I think he can pull this one off though, and maybe have a nice little run as SF champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back