Nascar 2009 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

a7xoff

GLaD I'm not you...
I figured since I noticed a couple Nascar fans around the board I'd make a thread for this season. Sorry if there is one and I missed it. So I notice many many changes in this year's series that should be interesting to say the least. I'm not talking about Dale going to Hendrick, but a couple other things. Since I'm an overall Gibbs fan, now a fan of all three cars again (did not like Yeley much) I must say that I really believe that Gibbs will definatly put Toyota on the map and Bush will only continue to suceed. Hamlin, Stewart, and Bush seem like a pretty dangerous team espically on restrictor plates should they line up. Mears going to Hendrick i don't think will do anything, but we'll have to wait and see with that. As far as Daytona goes. What we know... Jimmy Johnson and Michael Waltrip have the front row. The 150s are on Thursday, and we'll have one Hell of a race come Sunday. So what's you people's opinion on the upcoming year? Who will be good, who will fall?

hmm, Big Jimmie Johnson, and Jeff Gordon fan, I believe they are the front runners to win the 500 and the Points this upcoming season.IMO Joe Gibbs made a huge mistake switching to Toyota, those cars were downright awful last year, and i dont think they will improve much in just one year. But who knows? I don't, and Stewart is one heck of a driver, so i can wait and see. But when it comes down to it, I think Hendrix will dominate with the addition of Earnhardt JR. Maybe Jr can get his long awaited championship, maybe driving under Gordon can bring out the best in someone. But who knows, I hope he does good, as long as he finishes behind Johnson and Gordon.

Heh I just noticed I put the wrong year up... I meant 2008 season... Anyway, I don't know I mean an upper team like Gibbs, Hendrick, Roush, etc would probably have jumped to Toyota soon anyway. If you look at last year's Toyota drivers, none of them were all too impressive to begin with. I'm certainly interested to see how the Gibbs guys work with it. JR on Hendrick I'm really hesitant about. I just can't see Hendrick shifting they're primary focus off of Johnson and Gordon, at least not yet. Again we'll have to wait and see. After all JR won the Shootout... No surprise there, but on the non short and restircter plate tracks... That's where we'll see how much Hendrick is helping Dale.

hmm, Big Jimmie Johnson, and Jeff Gordon fan, I believe they are the front runners to win the 500 and the Points this upcoming season.IMO Joe Gibbs made a huge mistake switching to Toyota, those cars were downright awful last year, and i dont think they will improve much in just one year.

Look at the guys who drove for Toyota last year. You had Michael Waltrip, Dale Jarrett, AJ Allmendinger, Brian Vickers, Dave Blaney, and David Reutiman. Most are inexperienced rookies. I was really surprised to see how bad Toyota did with Waltrip and Jarett. As soon as I found out about Gibbs switching over, I knew that if anyone could put Toyota on the map, it'd be Gibbs. Especially now that they have Kyle Busch who had a great season last year.

If you watched the Daytona 500, you'd see that Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch ran upfront for the majority of the race.

I think Hendrix will dominate with the addition of Earnhardt JR. Maybe Jr can get his long awaited championship, maybe driving under Gordon can bring out the best in someone. But who knows, I hope he does good, as long as he finishes behind Johnson and Gordon.

Agreed. It was a good move for him. I've always thought he was a decent driver, but know he's got two excellent drivers to coach him. I really can't see him getting a championship this year, but I'm positive he'll pick up some wins.

Anyways, Daytona was pretty good. I was hoping Clint Bowyer or Jeff Burton would drive away with the win for a back-to-back Daytona 500 win. Then after Bowyer got spun out, and Burton got smoked on a restart, I was hoping either Tony or Kyle would win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back