My idea for the WWE without Cena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TempestH

Championship Contender
John Cena has been getting banged up, and his character is getting stale. Cena can and should take a break to rest up his injuries because the WWE would be in big trouble if Cena were to end up like Edge.

Alex Riley also has his share of fans and haters. Riley has the potential to be the next big thing, yet his ring work is a bit sloppy, and he has made a lot of very notable mistakes. I was thinking that rather than punishing Riley for his botches, the botchtastic A-Ry can be responsible for bringing about "change."

John Cena and Alex Riley compete in a throw away face vs. face match. Riley hits Cena with a move that is purposely planned to look awkward and sloppy (i.e. like a botched move) and gets the 1-2-3. Cena is kayfabe injured by the "botch" and has to be stretchered out of the arena. Riley is beside himself with shame, guilt, and grief as the crowd chants "Thank you Riley, Riley sucks!"

CM Punk comes out and mocks Cena, declaring that "we can all breathe a sigh of relief now that John Cena is gone. Change is finally upon us." Suddenly Punk loses his smile and lashes out at Riley, bringing up his DUI arrest, NXT Season 2, his elimination in the Royal Rumble, and any various other blunders (i.e. "I just spoke to Jack Swagger and he said you were the worst wrestler he ever had the displeasure of competing against," etc.)

This branches off into multiple storylines...

CM Punk is confronted by Triple H, who reminds Punk that he just "buried a young talent." HHH claims that Punk did indeed want change, but because Riley was the one to facilitate the change (by injuring Cena) Punk "buried" Riley out of jealousy. HHH tells Punk "you're becoming just like me." This leads into HHH trying to get Punk to "join the dark side" and be his apprentice.

Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler, due to their respective collegiate backgrounds, form an Divas of Doom-like alliance (Let's call them "All American Perfection") to drive out all the "generic CAWs" from the WWE and they begin to bully Riley around for his "lack of wrestling ability." Without Cena around to draw money, their paychecks have gotten much smaller and they resent Riley for it. They antagonize A-Ry with Piggie James-esque tactics, ruining his clothes, vandalizing his rental car, double teaming him with an Anklelock/StinkFace combo, and going as far as to having Ziggler don his Spirit Squad attire for one night only and chant "You Can't Wrestle" at Riley, among other things.

Somewhere down the line, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase are inserted into the feud. Cody wants Ted to emulate his success by winning the United States Championship, which he does, giving the former Legacy members control of both midcard titles. The All American Perfection switch their focus to Cody/Ted in a heel vs. heel feud, claiming that Cody is nothing without his mask and his paper bags, and that Ted is nothing without his father's name. The war between the two duos is fierce, as the two duos attempt to humilate each other with Cody using his bags, and Ziggler using his "Ask the Heel" segments on "Z! True Long Island Story" to cut hateful promos However, the All American Perfection are unable to (re)capture either title from the former Legacy.

The next week on RAW, The Awesome Truth comes out to cut another promo about how they are still being held back, and they are interrupted by The All American Perfection. The two duos have a stareoff, and then Swagger turns towards Truth and says "We have no beef with you." The All American Perfection does not want to go against Truth because he is black, with his own unique look, while The Miz is yet another short brown haired, average sized white boy in trunks. R-Truth simply walks away, abandoning Miz to a 2 on 1 attack by the All American Perfection until Alex Riley runs out and makes the save for his former mentor. Riley and Miz (now turning face) bury the hatchet and reunite as a semi-regular tag team, now acting as equals rather than master and apprentice.

Cena makes his triumphant return in February to get ready for The Rock with a new signature color and a new set of Fruity Pebbles gear. Let's just make it green. HE and Rock continue to cut promos, but in the mean time, Cena has a series of matches against Swagger & Ziggler. To spite the All American Perfection as well as The Rock, Cena starts wrestling in his old 2002 "generic" trunks, color coordinated with his Fruity Pebbles accessories.

Too unrealistic. Alex Riley is supposed to be this badass babyface and Swagger and Ziggler just get away with all the "Piggie James antics" until Riley decides to help The Miz against them? And R-Truth declaring he's "black" and leaving Miz to a two on one assault? Punk burying a young talent and going against something that he believes in? Sounds like a huge ass random cartoonish comedy episode of Raw to me. Seriously I would be laughing for hours if this was a long Raw episode with these events happening.

If Cena leaves Punk can easily take his spot as Raw's top babyface. How would they write him off TV? The only thing in your idea that got me interested. A storyline injury. Maybe have Riley botch and injure him and turning heel as a result ala Billy Kidman in 2004. But everything else in your idea just sounds so random.

And another thing I kinda liked was The All American Perfection idea. Though looks like they're about to really start off their feud sometime soon.

You do realise that all of this can happen without having to take Cena off TV right? Seriously, why would WWE take their cash cow off TV just to build up a mid card fued?

It would give the other guys you mentioned something to do for a few months and could bring back a bit more relevence to the midcard titles, but leave it there, no need to involve the Punk/Cena or Cena/Rock storylines

You do realise that all of this can happen without having to take Cena off TV right? Seriously, why would WWE take their cash cow off TV just to build up a mid card fued?

It would give the other guys you mentioned something to do for a few months and could bring back a bit more relevence to the midcard titles, but leave it there, no need to involve the Punk/Cena or Cena/Rock storylines

In the case of taking Cena off TV, it's simply to refresh his character as well as let him heal up so that he can be at his best at WM28, and it's the best way to ensure that this match will actually happen rather than risk Cena being seriously injured and the match not happening at all.

In theory the All American Perfection storylines can happen without Cena taking time off, but Riley injuring Cena and having Punk throw in his two cents would be fuel for Punk/HHH. Punk would be the top face (he already is now anyway) in Cena's absence and Miz would become the new top merchandise seller, although he would remain a heel until Ziggler & Swagger decide to target him.

It Sounds Good for all the Superstars that are just above the mid-card Level but could Alex Riley really Jump from being on superstars to the main guy for the Company untill Cena is back. If anyone was gonna carry Raw untill cena returned it would have to be CM Punk.

It's an interesting angle, but I think all of the insider remarks and blurring the lines of what is or isn't "supposed" to happen could confuse the audience.

When Nash showed up at Summerslam, I knew he would fill his promos with insider terms like "heat" and "mark" and all the rest of it when he got a mic in his hand, especially given how he doesn't have to work off a script. When him and Punk first had a back-and-forth and he was calling him names like "indyriffic" it just completely took away from it.

For me, worked shoots should be kept to a minimum so that they maximise their affect when done right (for instance, Punk's legendary "shoot" in July).

So, with all that in mind, I'd like to see an angle like that, only tweaked so that there's less insider terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back