My 1st attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Match Winner
I'd just though to have a go at the graphics. This is my first one.

KatieLea.jpg

With ne knowing nothing about graphics, the only problem that I see is the background color and the text blend in together too much.

that looks like a premade background with some PSD's put on it and some basic text

how to improve....

Background
look in to getting some brushes (Deviantart is a good start) and work on multilayering - its how I do my backgrounds, it involves putting together about 3 or 4 different abstract backgrounds and try to blend them to make one - make use of the saturation options in photoshop (esp. the colourise tool) and try to blend different layers in to one background - If you can master this then backgrounds will never be a problem again

Cuts/PSD's

first things first never... EVER put a psd thats been cut at the side in the middle of a piece so you can see the straight edge... it looks rubbish. Use the magic eraser to get rid of ALL the background... any background showing looks rubbish... blending the cut over itself can sometimes help with this. Also try not to clog up the foregroud with too many cuts... whats the point in spending hours on a background if you're gonne screw it over with PSD's or subject cuts

Text
go to www.dafont.com and download your arse some new fonts - the windows basic ones are rubbish when it comes to making half decent sigs

when you create text in photoshop its a layer on your piece - use this to your advantage, go to layer options and put a stroke, drop shadow or shade over the text... but not too much. also NEVER make the text the same colour as the background UNLESS you put some stroke around your text

Notes/other
Stick a border on it - it's pretty standard for sigs nowadays
Look for tutorials - what you've done is an ok start but work at it and keep posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back