MVP Leaving TNA; Future of BDC/Kenny King in Question

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
All it took was three tweets:

@The305MVP: Dear @IMPACTWRESTLING I dedicate this classic to you. It was fun...

"Bad Brains - Sailing On" on YouTube - https://t.co/92L8Pe9RSh

@The305MVP: Available for bookings.

[email protected]

@The305MVP: The BDC is dead.

But never in spirit...​

And this image/post on his official Facebook account as well:

Screenshot-2015-07-18-at-01.17.29.png

And Kenny King sent out a cryptic one himself shortly after:

@KennyKingPb2: Decisions, decisions to make. #goodiemob​

--

Coming out of the Hernandez debacle, it seems TNA was effectively forced to euthanize the whole BDC angle, unable to use all the footage they shot for weeks' worth of episodes.

We knew MVP wouldn't be happy. Seems he asked for his release and was granted it, because he had also confirmed prior that his TNA contract was through to February of 2016.

Could this simply be a work as the BDK will obviously be removed from television for the foreseeable future? Maybe not a total work but possibly a restructured deal as MVP is picking up a number of Indy dates. He/BDK could return for later tapings on a pay per appearance.

Side note, would've been hilarious had TNA just eedited over Hernandez with some old school wrestler or even a black box.

Wouldn't be at all shocked if the E have come in for him and this stuff was the straw that broke the camels back for him.

I think he'd do pretty well right now over there, not a NXT guy but straight back to main roster... He'd be good in that IC division for a start.

I think this will see MVP head back to Japan with the odd appearances at the likes of GFW. The guy wasn't happy for some time and like many others he's just staggering about in TNA.

It really does look like the TNA ship is sinking at a fast rate, they need to decide what direction they are going in as a company before it's really too late.

TNA has to change and fast. The problem is it has now become a tainted product - just like WCW in mid to late 1999 onwards. It cannot be that hard for TNA to realise that they can simplify their brand; cut some of them awful promos out of the show and focus on wrestling matches. Get the stars over in the ring first before they engage in mic showdowns. The product is on free to air tv in the UK and I refuse to watch anymore because I see it as that bad. They have also made Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy irrelevant compared to who they used to be and they are about the only marketable names in TNA now - and they don't get used properly.

What TNA needs to do is get more new talent in to the business - and keep the titles as they are - I like that system they have but maybe rename them so they resonate more with the audience at home.

Get some japanese wrestlers come in for a few shows or something - get some exciting areal moves in to bouts.

MVP has confirmed his departure this morning:

@The305MVP: Official statement:
MVP and TNA have elected to go their separate ways. I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

@The305MVP: TNA should be issuing an official statement by noon regarding my status with them.

@The305MVP: The year and a half I spent at TNA was fun. I'll miss "the boys" (and girls). Great locker room. Full of passion and talent. True PROS!​

So I think we know this means the earlier reports that the BDC are finished are in fact true.

I'll be honest here and say my main concern in this whole thing is Kenny King. Here be alright going solo but the problem is he'd be lost in the shuffle more than he is now. The BDC angle was an absolute waste of TV time after Lashley went on his own. The whole feud with the Rising was dull, and based on what's happening now they should've let Drew and his crew (see what I did) get the nod. It's a shame that things had to come to this, but it is what it is. Maybe MVP and KK can make the jump to ROH, but I fear King burned his bridge when he came to TNA.

Well, the beauty of this is that now that he's not shackled by the BDC any longer, and with Bully Ray the new "Law" in town, it's actually fairly easy to get him back into some kind of prominence.

A simple backstage segment of him bitching about deserving a shot at his X Division title again with Bully giving him a shot, or even just him interfering in another match to make his presence known would go a long way.

I'm not sure where this leaves Homicide but if he's still contracted to TNA then it would be good to see the remains of the BDC feud over the X-Division title with Tigre Uno who I think is also an underrated talent.

blah, blah, blah.... people, these "releases" are to set up a major angle between TNA and GFW.

Wouldn't be at all shocked if the E have come in for him and this stuff was the straw that broke the camels back for him.

I think he'd do pretty well right now over there, not a NXT guy but straight back to main roster... He'd be good in that IC division for a start.
Trips offered MVP a contract, but MVP chose TNA because of the schedule. MVP has already said that the WWE schedule is murder and that his body could not take it. He'll probably go back to Japan and work some Indy shows here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back