• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Muse's Olympic Theme

TWJC: The Beginning

Royal Rumble Winner
K, so they hired Muse to do the Olympic Theme in London. I was excited. I've heard the song, now I'm sad. I don't think I've ever been as disappointed by a musical performance in my life. Just lazy lyrics, messy music.

I'm not a diehard Muse fan, but I do like a lot of their stuff. I'm interested in what you think of it. I'd like you to say if you are a Muse fan and if you're from the UK. Those are the opinions I'm most interested in honestly.

Well, I'm a bit mixed on it, truth be told. Matt just sounds like he's taking the piss with his voice and lyrics as they are both pretty diabolical. Instrumentally it does sound very grandiose which fits the occasion and if not for the lyrics I could dig it.

I haven't seen that many bands live in all honesty, but I've seen Muse twice; once at a festival and once in my home town and they are a fucking treat to witness live. They don't interact much with the audience but create a great energy nonetheless. The last 2 albums just haven't done anything for me though and it's mostly the first 3 albums I listen to.

At least it wasn't fucking Jedward though.

I really liked the song. I do find it unfortunate that the lyrics fit the occasion too well, as in they're cheesy. I don't think it was the intention though. I think the song itself is on their upcoming album and really isn't specifically related to the Olympics but the choice of it being the official theme nearly ruins it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back