Multi-Million Dollar Investment Firm In Talks To Become TNA Wrestling Partner

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
According to Ryan Satin of ProWrestlingSheet.com, the multi-million dollar investment company who bought and sold Segway are in talks with TNA Wrestling to become their official partner, this according to multiple sources.

Sources report one of the organizations discussing a possible partnership with TNA is Summit Strategic Investments, and the deal could be huge for the wrestling company.

SSI has a successful track record and is known for “transforming troubled assets.”

In 2013, the company acquired Segway after the owner of the company passed away and sold it 2 years later. According to USA Today, the buyers received $80 million from a group of investors to finance the purchase. The investment company also helped to resurrect Fisker Automotive in 2015 with the help of their partner, Wanxiang — a wealthy Chinese auto-parts company.

Here’s where things get interesting.

The CEO of SSI is named Roger Brown. His brother, Jason Brown, is the CEO of Aroluxe Media, the outsourced company TNA uses to help produce Impact Wrestling.

We’re told Aroluxe Media are simply the production arm of Aroluxe Marketing — the company initially pin-pointed as a potential investor — and our sources say neither are in talks to buy a stake in TNA.

However, former WCW wrestlers Ron Harris and Don Harris do indeed work for Aroluxe Media … and we’re told if the deal between SSI/TNA goes down, they’ll likely keep their current roles.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/701...ris-brothers-are-involved#fuF34owC69pJQfXJ.99

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/701...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

This is getting nutty!

Rayne or anyone else with business understanding... can you give me some footnotes here on SSI?

Say what you will about TNA but they have had some pretty high profile companies/individuals wanting to invest in them and they continue to grow their brand internationally with new TV deals.

The resurrection of TNA( WCW ) from the ashes and I hope this deal works out well they can get back their TNA wrestlers they are losing and pay double the amount and lure back the other wrestlers from wwe as well as what WCW used to do ! Let ssee what happens unless I win the 6/49 TNA is mine maybe then wwe can be wiped out as it should have been in the first place and have WCW around

I'm glad to see TNA has the potential to come off of life support, there really is the need for more alternatives to WWE. TNA needs to take a good hard look at what got them in this predicament though and make some serious changes behind scenes. It's obvious that TNA has some value, they have a huge international following and are constantly announcing new overseas TV deals but that's not doing them any good domestically. If TNA continues to operate the way they do with a fresh influx of income, it would be the equivalent of filling a hole in yard by digging a second hole.

They need to get their creditors paid up and slowly expand out of Universal, there are numerous small to mid level venues around Florida they could take Impact to and build a live following. They can't get new eyes on the product if they never leave Orlando, but that doesn't mean leave Orlando and go run a show in California or New York. If your televised product is based out of Orlando go run a show in Daytona, go to Tampa, go to Jacksonville. Chances are you are already heavily advertising in these areas anyway so you should be able to draw a crowd.

They're are numerous things TNA can do to grow the brand but if they don't make internal changes within the company all the money in the world won't change a thing.

Who they are, what companies they bought and all their past accolades are a fine indicator that the investors are reliable at least from a financial stand point.

However, TNA is already backed by a multi million company. When a company gets bought for an x amount, it does not automatically inherit the VC or PE's entire revenue and play ball with it.

This really means very little. What I'm more interested in is knowing what is going to be actually invested into TNA, what are the conditions, what are the plans and what are the expectations.

Panda Energy has been quite soft on TNA considering they're a horrible investment. I am deeply shocked that they haven't dropped them like a bad habit (which they are) and moved on. I reckon Dixie is the only reason.

Will these guys be as lenient if they go for it? Who knows.

Either way, I'm just glad TNA might live a little longer. What I am truly hoping for is that whoever buys them, whatever happens - they get majority ownership. At this point, it can't get any worse. TNA's dead with Dixie on the helm. Give majority ownership to whoever and see what they can do. Playtime's over.

TNA goes nowhere unless Dixie stops treating TNA like her personal doll house and becomes a "big girl". She really needs to step aside to SSI, and start making babies with Serge. As for what SSI will do with TNA? They will probably do something smart and rebrand TNA and then rebuild it as a "Southern" promotion. This would make sense to rebuild for the long haul.

Still a long way to go on this one, i's need dotted, t's need crossed, ink needs to dry, we've seen Dixie make a cluster-f*** of things so many times that I wouldn't rule this one going pear shaped either.

Until Dixie Carter isn't involved in management matters TNA will continue to go literally nowhere.

It seems like it's a company designed to take struggling companies and then sold them back after the job is done.

In short, Dixie has found another sucker to keep her vanity project going.

I hope they somehow maneuvre a way to phase her out somehow given that it's linked to the other company which TNA owes money to.

I'm sure we'll know more before too much longer what the future holds for TNA. It's going to be tough though. This isn't 2002 where you've just had a major promotion go out of business and have a plethora of big names unemployed, they don't even have the homegrown talent that helped build them in the first place anymore so it's pretty much back to square one for TNA. Assuming this deal doesn't fall through.

I'm sure there are several complicated reasons someone would invest in TNA, but common sense tells me it's not a wise move. They seem to be declining at a rapid pace, and in 2016, I don't think that's an overreaction.

I don't see them digging themselves out of this hole. Then again, I don't know the whole financial story, so I could be wrong.

It seems like it's a company designed to take struggling companies and then sold them back after the job is done.

In short, Dixie has found another sucker to keep her vanity project going.

My guess is that they make their living buying flawed businesses on the cheap, identifying the reason that the business isn't succeeding and addressing that reason.

Which really doesn't indicate a future in which this group sells their stake to whoever, leaving Dixie Carter in charge. Either Dixie Carter is out, replaced by Jim Ross or Paul Heyman or Jeff Jarrett or whoever, or....

I'm sure there are several complicated reasons someone would invest in TNA, but common sense tells me it's not a wise move. They seem to be declining at a rapid pace, and in 2016, I don't think that's an overreaction.

I don't see them digging themselves out of this hole. Then again, I don't know the whole financial story, so I could be wrong.

It's also possible that, the turnaround crew gets a full look at the financial and operational picture, and says, "There is no path to profitability" and shuts down operations.

From my side of the TV/computer screen, the only real asset TNA has is a network of TV deals.

it's also possible that, the turnaround crew gets a full look at the financial and operational picture, and says, "There is no path to profitability" and shuts down operations.

From my side of the TV/computer screen, the only real asset TNA has is a network of TV deals.

The TV deals give TNA enough value to look appealing to an investor/buyer. AOL pulling the TBS timeslot off the table was what made Fusient pull out of buying WCW so even with a light roster and limited appeal TNA is much more appealing than WCW was in its dying days. Granted POP could pull the rug out from under TNA at anytime effectively killing them domestically, but the fact of the matter is as long as they have a TV deal in place investors will be interested.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/701...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

This is getting nutty!

Rayne or anyone else with business understanding... can you give me some footnotes here on SSI?
Can't really speak to the specifics of SSI as a company, but in general the style of company buys low-performing assets to either a) carve out and sell the valuable parts, or b) replace the management, reform the asset, and sell it for profit in a few years time.

TNA's only real asset to anyone else at this point is their tape library, and since the only real buyer for that is the WWE since the television value of professional wrestling re-runs is about zero, it's unlikely this is a tear-apart operation. They'd angle for a complete sale, as the whole point of the operation is to take the value of the asset and increase it- their profit expands linearly from how much ownership share they have. I'm not sure if a complete and total sale is on the table, but there is no point in SSI making the deal unless they get to install their own management.

So this isn't really any new news beyond getting more specifics on TNA's potential buyer. Somewhat rooting for a deal to happen, because it doesn't look like this PopTV deal is working out to be anything more than a continuation of TNA's slow decline.

That seems to be the hold up all these months is Dixie wants to retain controlling stake, which would prevent a new management from getting installed, and I would imagine that for the amount of money she's looking investors are wanting to be able to make changes.

They need to make changes. I mean the shows have been good but TNA needs help with a lot of things. Losing Dixie is one. She drags the show down to where people want to tune out. That is not good so I am not sure why Dixie does not see this.

TNA also needs better entrance videos/graphics & music/fireworks. These are things that draw viewers in. My ex laughed when she first watched TNA. She asked me "where are the intro fireworks?" My response was TNA cannot afford them. It is funny how small things matter in wrestling.

Dixie just really needs to get this company help. If this company can turn bad companies around then they can do it with TNA. TNA the wrestling itself is not bad. TNA behind the scenes is what is awful. So God, or whomever, please get Dixie to sell to these investors so TNA can stay on TV weekly.

Last time i checked, TNA had so many things to fix, it seems unreal to do it in a short time and money can't fix them all

That is not good so I am not sure why Dixie does not see this.

"I suck and am the reason this organization sucks"
--Said No One Ever.

You're really surprised that Dixie Carter is fighting her removal tooth and nail, and refusing to sell majority stake in the company for (I think it's safe to assume) significantly less money than PAnda has sunk into the venture over the last decade-and-a-half?

So God, or whomever, please get Dixie to sell to these investors so TNA can stay on TV weekly.

That's only going to happen when Dixie Carter cannot personally scrape up the pennies and nickels required to keep TNA on the air under her ownership and control.

"I suck and am the reason this organization sucks"
--Said No One Ever.

You're really surprised that Dixie Carter is fighting her removal tooth and nail, and refusing to sell majority stake in the company for (I think it's safe to assume) significantly less money than PAnda has sunk into the venture over the last decade-and-a-half?

That's only going to happen when Dixie Carter cannot personally scrape up the pennies and nickels required to keep TNA on the air under her ownership and control.

Clearly Dixie will not admit she is an issue. Maybe TNA needs to do an intervention on how to get Dixie to back down power. TNA needs a change it needs to stay on TV.

Dixie Carter would rather run TNA into the ground than turn over ownership. She involved herself entierly too much, tried to make herself into a Vince MacMahon character, and exposed the backstage beyond belief. She hurt TNA by making it impossible to suspend disbelief. I can't believe anyone would want to invest in a wrestling company other than WWE.

I used to watch Impact regularly, and now I don't care to know what channel, day, or time it is on. TNA is America's 4th brand now. WWE, NXT, and ROH are all better to watch. If the Hardyz left, TNA would fall in a heartbeat. They are the only legit draw left.

TNA is America's 4th brand now. WWE, NXT, and ROH are all better to watch. If the Hardyz left, TNA would fall in a heartbeat. They are the only legit draw left.

You clearly don't know what the hell you are talking back. NXT and ROH are shit. I tried watching both for 5 minutes and had to change the channel. It was 5 minutes of my life I would love to have back, both were hideous.

I'd need to see what kind of numbers ROH is pulling, but I'm pretty sure they still trail TNA despite the massive audience loss they've suffered the last two years. For now, TNA is still the second largest wrestling brand. But they're falling fast. If NXT were on cable tomorrow, I have no doubt in my mind they'd surpass TNA within their first month.

I'd need to see what kind of numbers ROH is pulling, but I'm pretty sure they still trail TNA despite the massive audience loss they've suffered the last two years. For now, TNA is still the second largest wrestling brand. But they're falling fast. If NXT were on cable tomorrow, I have no doubt in my mind they'd surpass TNA within their first month.
It's pretty damn near impossible to accurately peg ROH's viewership numbers due to the way their programming is played on Sinclair's networks. Instead of the more modern system of a professional wrestling company having a show on a major network at a set time, ROH uses something more like the distribution model of professional wrestling in the '70s and early '80s, where professional wrestling companies would sell their programming to local stations, meaning a show might be on at different times and different days in different markets.

Sinclair both sells the rights to ROH programming, and uses ROH to fill holes in the programming of stations that they own themselves; so the only real way to get an idea of ROH's viewership would be to tally up the results from all of those independent stations. The Nielsen folk surely have little interest in doing that work, so the only people who could do anything more than ballpark ROH's viewership numbers would be Sinclair Broadcasting.

However, since I know I'm ballparking, I'll go ahead and ballpark- TNA probably gets more viewers than ROH on television. ROH is aired at some truly dreadful hours in some of their markets, and due to their nature as a gap-filler for local stations, they often find their programming times jerked around. However, if we include internet viewership, ROH is likely attracting more viewers to their product on a week-by-week basis. If you don't have PopTV, you aren't watching TNA; meanwhile, anyone with an internet connection can watch every week of ROH programming.
You clearly don't know what the hell you are talking back. NXT and ROH are shit. I tried watching both for 5 minutes and had to change the channel. It was 5 minutes of my life I would love to have back, both were hideous.
[youtube]sUQihamFQyE[/youtube]

If words were suicide dives Joe, you're Shelly Martinez.

If TNA was on a better network, had monthly PPVs, a great DVD distribution, games and doing regular house shows, they would be a clear number two. But their business model is so screwed up and all over the place. They say they won't do house shows cause it cost too much yet smaller indies are travelling and doing house shows all over. They won't do proper PPV shows yet they continue doing these garbage pointless ONO PPV shows that nobody buys.

It sounds fishy to me. They have trouble being profitable yet won't do all the things they could be making money from. All the things most (even smaller) feds do.

This is why this company will only be successful again when Dixie sell it to a competent person.

If TNA was on a better network, had monthly PPVs, a great DVD distribution, games and doing regular house shows, they would be a clear number two. But their business model is so screwed up and all over the place. They say they won't do house shows cause it cost too much yet smaller indies are travelling and doing house shows all over. They won't do proper PPV shows yet they continue doing these garbage pointless ONO PPV shows that nobody buys.

It sounds fishy to me. They have trouble being profitable yet won't do all the things they could be making money from. All the things most (even smaller) feds do.
Different models for a professional wrestling company. TNA is attempting to primarily be a television show right now; hence, most of their expenses are dedicated towards keeping the television show running. (Lucha Underground is pretty much the same model, although they're upfront with it in calling their content "seasons". TNA doesn't know what it wants to be in two years besides "not dead".) A smaller organization doesn't have those production expenses, or in ROH's case, keeps them deliberately low.

Short answer, TNA's business model doesn't work without having a television show, so they have to dedicate a large portion of their resources to that. Most other companies don't have that expense at all, and have a business model based around internet presence and local contact instead.

If TNA was on a better network, had monthly PPVs, a great DVD distribution, games and doing regular house shows, they would be a clear number two.

Not so long ago, they had all of those things. But they weren't making enough money to be profitable, so they killed the monthly PPVs and the house shows. (Wrestling DVD sales were never strong for TNA, but I doubt that anyone is selling a lot of wrestling DVDs anymore.)

But their business model is so screwed up and all over the place. They say they won't do house shows cause it cost too much yet smaller indies are travelling and doing house shows all over.

Other indies do mostly single house shows, and they do them only when and where they can sell enough tickets to make it worthwhile. If I remember right, TNA would try to do strings of house shows, and they'd all get poor attendance.

Making up stuff, ROH would do one show in Richmond, VA in a 7000 seat arena and sell 4000 tickets. TNA would do shows in Richmond, Norfolk, Fairfax, Baltimore and Harpers Ferry, and sell about the same 4000 tickets; but they were paying the costs to run five shows.

They won't do proper PPV shows yet they continue doing these garbage pointless ONO PPV shows that nobody buys.

Randi Ricci's old blog seems to be gone, but he was involved in TNA production, and apparently doing live PPV or live TV is a significant cost. The ONOs must have some value, they've been going on too long for it just to be TNA filling a contract obligation to the PPV companies. (Maybe they're tied into the international TV deals, and TNA can't just cut out 36 hours of new content a year to the international partners?)

They did those things. They failed at them (at least in terms of doing them as profitable actitivities.) And most small feds fail, sooner or later. The ones that don't, ruthlessly control expenses.

This is why this company will only be successful again when Dixie sell it to a competent person.

I'm not sure TNA is ever "successful." More likely, someone with less ego invested than Dixie just shuts it down when it's clear that there's no gold at the end of this rainbow, and moves on to another project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back