Mrs Foley's Baby Boy! Mick Foley HQ!

Shotaro

WZCW's James Howard
Mick-Foley1.jpg

Mick Foley is not the most technical of wrestlers, hell I know that a LOT of the folks here will argue against Foley by saying he is nothing more than a glorified stuntman, but I respectfully disagree.

Foley's first WWE title run was instrumental in the final decline of WCW. Who can remember when Tony Schiavone said the infamous words

"Fans, if you're even thinking about changing the channel to our competition, do not. We understand that Mick Foley, who wrestled here at one time as Cactus Jack, is gonna win their World title. Ha! That's gonna put some butts in the seats, heh."

The thing is it did; fans changed the channel, 600,000 of them. Six hundred thousand people changed the channel to watch Mick Foley win the WWF Championship on a TAPED episode of Raw.

Foley was in classic matches and produced some unforgettable moments. His departure from ECW was incredible, the man entered the ring a heel and left as a legend. The 1998 King of the Ring produced one of the most infamous spots in wrestling history. Not once, but TWICE.

Foley won the Wrestling Observer Best Brawler award for ten years straight, from 1991-2000, more times than Bruiser Brody, whom the award is named after.

In short vote Foley for the winner of the WZT VI - He was one of kind, he helped define an era, he helped end the monday night wars and he deserves your vote!

2x ECW Tag Champ
1x WCW Tag Champ
1x TNA Legends Champ
1x TNA World Heavyweight Champ
3x WWF Champ
Inaugural WWF Hardcore Champ
8x WWF Tag Champ
Slammy Award winner
2x Pro Wrestling Illustrated Match of the Year
1x Most Inspirational Wrestler (1993)
Constantly ranked in the top 50 of PWI 500 ranking
Frank Gotch Award winner
10x Best Brawler winner (Wrestling Observer)
3x Best Interview
1x Best Feud of the Year
Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame

I have Foley making it to Round 4 against Hogan and beating Hogan. I don't think he'll make it past Round 5 (John Cena), but that match against Hogan is all Foley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back