Movie Plots

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Plot: Simply put is the complications and situations that take place through a story.
Every movie tells a story. Every movie has a plot. Is every plot unique…No. It has been roughly estimated that there are about 20 different plots, however, when one of these 20 plots get selected for a movie it gets tweaked and edited to fit for the characters involved in the movie. In this thread I want to find every one of Hollywood’s plot. I think what better way to truly understand movies then to realize what structures them and that is plot. So without further ado I submit the first plot.

I am, I Disguise, I am my Disguise.

Or in other words you have a character that is originally holding a belief and stays firm to that belief. Then for whatever reason decides he has to go undercover into the opposition’s lines. Through experiencing the other perspective he goes on to actually like the new beliefs better than his own. Then when going back to his original side he realizes how wrong he actually is and decides to become his disguise.

A classic and recent example of this situation is with the movie Avatar in that originally Sully, wants to be true and loyal the government when he goes through the “Avatar” process. He learns to love their ways and ultimately fights against the government.

Feel free to post another plot or I will simply make more myself.

Forbidden Love

Even today, there are many a movies all about the two words above. Usually it has a man or a woman, carrying a specific lifestyle. Whether that is a high class or a low class lifestyle, it doesn't matter. But then he/she meets a person of the opposite sex and is immediately in love. However judging by how they both carry themselves, you know they are drastically different. Eventually, some sort of speed bump shows up and is there simply to try and tear them apart. It ends up tearing them apart, but one of them eventually comes back, and they overcome the obstacle in their way and it all ends happily. We have seen this most recently in "The Adjustment Bureau" as the Adjustment Bureau itself is the speed bump and David Noss (Matt Damon)/Elise Sellas (Emily Blunt) are the two lovers. David eventually gives up and abandons Elise, and soon enough she is getting married to another man. But he comes back, stops it and tells her about the Bureau. They run away for a while but eventually, the Bureau changes their fate and then end up together. We've also seen the same thing in Disney's Beauty and the Beast a long with many others.

Good Guy vs Destructive Bad Guy

This is probaly the most obvious of plots that can be used in a movie. Typically this is in a superhero esque movie where we see the bad guy causing havoc amongst the town folk and we have the superhero through a series of battles ultimately prevail against the bad guy. This plot really has no underlying message except for that the good guy will win(99%) of the time. The classic example of this is any superhero movie where the bad guy just wants to hurt people and the good guy stops them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back