Motivation: What is Yours

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
In this world there is aa little thing that is called motivation. What does it do? It gives you the confidence and reason to do something. This can be used in a positive or negative aspect depending on what it is the person using the motivation feels like accomplishing. Everyone in some way uses some sort of motivation to feul decisions and in this thread I would like to explore what motivates a person.

Personally something that motivates me is pain. There is nothing better then to be doing something feel pain and make myself continue doing what I am doing. I find that pain can drive you to do things that you would never have the idea of doing or it can boost the adrenaline levels in your body in order to help performance. I think pain is one of those things that I feel I need to overcome henceforth allowing me to flow with motivation because of me knowing what I am doing. I greatly believe that pain is a general motivator and also mental pain can also allow for changes based on said motivation.

So what is your motivation?

Well i'm 22 still living with my parents, been unemployed for 8 months, no money, no social life, no girlfriend, no skills, left school with poor grades and my country is is in a financial mess which it may take years to overcome

And yet all this hasn't made me sad and that's because I know things will eventually get better, I know if I keep on trucking that eventually I will get a job which will lead to more money which can help me lead me to a more active social life which will lead to me getting a girlfriend which will lead to me getting a place of my own and so on

So my motivation is the thought that Things will get Better

I have a couple of things that are enormous motivators in my daily life. Motivation is a funny thing in that it's something that can change in a heartbeat. We can be motivated by something that seems to be powerful in the moment, but situations can occur in our lives that can not only change the direction of our lives, but our motivation as well.

A year ago, my biggest motivator in life would have easily been my private practice. I'd just expanded it by adding a "partner" in essence, someone to be in charge if I couldn't be there. I encourage appointments but allow my staff to take "walk-in's" if their schedule permitted, and as such, the clinic operates from 9-9 every day. Im anal in that I dont like staff being their unsupervised, it's my license on the line. So I went through great cost and effort to get a trusted friend to come work with me and "supervise" staff, just as if I was doing so. But my practice was my life. I lived for getting up in the morning and seeing clients and overseeing staff. It's rich, rewarding, and alot of fun when you work in a small setting(8 people in all), and can be completely time consuming. It was nothing for me to put in a 60 hour week and not think twice about it.

But as I stated earlier, things can change in a heartbeat, and your motivation changes. And mine has. Ive run into a situation in my personal life concerning my wife that's required me to step away from my active practice. My biggest motivation at this point is taking care of her until she's 100% again. I've realized that all the enjoyment and finances from running a successful practice mean little compared to my wife, so my motivation has gone in a different direction. I got alot of re-assurance and self-worth from knowing I'm darn good at my job, and from being well-liked and respected by my staff. That was my motivator to put in 10 hour days, 6 days a week. But Im even more motivated in knowing that Im being a good husband, supporting my wife, and doing anything and everything in my power to get her back to health.

Motivation in life is ultimately tied to the self-worth you and I experience. I want to feel healthy, so Im motivated to eat right and go to the gym. So theres a sense of self-worth in the desire to look good. But a bigger sense of self-worth came from the job I did, and hence, my motivation was larger for doing my job. If it was between putting in an extra hour and the gym, I picked the job. But the largest self-worth Ive found is in being there for my wife. I know she appreciates everything I do, and that's made it surprisingly easy to step away from active practice and only do the supervision, groups, and billing required by the state to maintain my license. But those things have become secondary motivators to my wife, and I don't regret it for a minute. My practice is in capable hands, and Ill come back someday, with a better balance of work and family. So ultimately, long-term, my motivation is to be a good, attentive husband now for my wife, and to carry that over into better times as well.

My motivation is my own determanation. 2 years ago my girlfriend at the time cheated on me with another guy. During that time I gave up on everything. My grades, my friends, even football where I had college scouts itching to recruit me.

But recently I've seen that I don't need someone like my ex that will hurt me. I've been hitting the books and the gym trying to get my grades and my physical condition back up. And it might be to late for me to go too a real 4 year universty, I can still chase my childhood dream and join a independent circuit and become a profesional wrestler.

As of today, I have 5 more days till my high school graduation, then I can reinvent myself completely with a new state of mind.

There are two kinds of motivation. Intrinsic and Extrinsic. Intrinsic is the motivation that you create from within, the motivation that you find yourself and is purely internal. Extrinsic is the opposite, it comes from out side influence. An example is if your parents tell you to clean your room but refuse to do. Then they offer you $20 to do, that could motivate you to then clean your room, that is an example of extrinsic motivation.

So when you're talking about motivation, it depends which type you are referring to. Secondly, motivation to do what? Just motivation in plain general? If that's what you are talking about then I can't tell you. I've long struggled with motivation, I can't seem to find anything worth motivating because I feel like I've got nothing really special going on to channel any motivation that I might of once had. I try and live a simple life and other people try and build up into something that I just don't want it to be. So I have trouble with not just finding motivation be finding a way to keep motivated. I guess its usually because, when ever I do get motivation its a lot of outside motivation, a lot of extrinsic motivation and it pisses me off. I'm constantly getting angry at myself because of my inability to motivate myself so people think they can just give me some sort of "jump start" and it never works because its not my motivation, its their motivation that they try to project on to me and it doesn't last long.

There is, however one emotion that seems to give me an almost endless supply of motivation and that is love. When ever I fall in love with a girl, it's that strong sense of pride that I suddenly feel that almost redeems all of that non-existent motivation that always hindered me and I fills me with all sorts of drives that push me. I guess I need that certain someone by my side to keep me motivated and to keep that motivation I feel alive and breathing. I know it sounds corny but it's a strange thing and I need that feeling of importance to get me going, it's that desire that feeling that there is something that matters to keep you going. If I don't have that then I just can't find much of another reason to motivate myself. I know I shouldn't think like that but whatever I'll figure things out on my own and for now, these are the cards life dealt me.

My motivation is that I want to make a difference in the lives of others. The world is a very dark place and I want to be a positive ray of light in such a dark negative place. To be that friend when someone needs one. To set a good example and show others that there are good people out there. It's due to personal and spiritual beliefs. I could have used more friends and some hope when I was an adolescent and if I am able to help a younger person in the same shoes by simply making any positive impact at all, then it will have been worth it. My motivation sees me wanting to help people appreciate life more and the awesome blessings they have. One day at a time, one act of kindness at a time.

For me, it depends upon what aspect of my life we are talking about. If we're talking about life in general, then it would simply be myself trying to be as good of a person as I can be.

When it comes to discussion, it's about trying to educate myself and others. When it comes to sports or what have you, I'm trying to simply improve upon myself. So on a so forth. It just depends on what we're talking about.

At the end of the day, I'm trying to get the best out of me or the people around me. Being the best that I can be, striving for it. Not perfect, but perfect in my attempts is what I strive for and it's what motivates me.

My motivation is my fiance and giving her everything she deserves. I didnt have much of a plan for my life before her and as soon as I found her I knew that I was going to treat her like a princess for the rest of my life. So my motivation is making her dreams come true, i'm going to get that ranch in Montana for us, i'm going to get her those pets she's wanted since she was a kid and am going to spend the rest of my life doing little things for her every day to make her happy. That is motivation and there is no chance in hell that I could ever let her down.

How about personal pride as motivation? It's the desire to do the best you can in whatever you're doing.....not for other people, not for money...... but for yourself.

For many people (many, many people), their sole motivation is what others think and say about them. They don't worry about what they think of their own performance; they worry only what others think of their performance. In "The Fountainhead," Ayn Rand calls it living "second-hand." She writes about an architect who isn't interested in being a great architect, but rather is concerned only that other people think of him as a great architect.

Of course, to a certain extent we have to concern ourselves with what others think, especially when they are our supervisors and have the power to determine our results by doing performance reviews of our work.

But when it comes down to it, what you think of yourself and your performance is the most powerful motivator of all.......or should be.

A lot of things motivate me.

My parents raised me well and instilled in my great values. I began to recognize hard work at a very young age. I'm motivated to do my best for myself so that I never have any regrets.

But I also motivated by the overwhelming fear of disappointment. Not for myself, but for my loved ones. I would never want to cause my wife, my parents, or my brothers any pain because they were disappointed by me.

I'm motivated by the love I have for my wife. I want to give her the world and make her life as easy as possible. I want her to laugh, smile, and be at peace.

I'm motivated by my two pugs Yogi and Gordie. They motivate me to be a good person. They are completely innocent and only have love and affection in their little hearts.

I'm motivated by my new twin neices Grace and Madelynn. I want to be able to help them as they grow and do all I can to be a good influence on their lives

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back