Most Unpredictable Segment/Promo Interruptions

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
The premise of this thread is simple. Who did you least expect to see interrupt a segment or come out to fight someone when someone else was called out? I'll start off with two very good examples of what this thread is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWH2dC5VyRE

I mean really. Did someone actually expect a jobber group to come out and attempt to attack a mega star and someone who has legit power in the behind the scenes department in WWE and at the time was feuding with Brock? Michael Cole summed it up perfectly when he said "What on earth" And I don't think anyone expected The Shield part either, as they were still in a feud with Orton, Big Show and Team Hell No.

Next is quite possibly the best example of unpredictable interruptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JScFUr3OAlE

3MB says in an interview that they are gonna call out The Shield. They promo about it and demands them to come out. They don't get The Shield. They instead get BROCK FUCKING LESNAR. Fucking random as hell. In what way was he associated with The Shield? You really expect them to book Lesnar for an appearance just to easily decimate a jobber squad? I mean it was entertaining and all, but still, who the hell would have expected that to happen?

I'll be sure to post more examples of this later and I look forward to feedback.

In hindsight I probably should have expected this but at the time I didn't. Chris Jericho interrupting the Rock for his debut? We had the countdown and everything and Chris Jericho went from a somewhat disrespected guy in WCW to a big deal in WWE right away. The Rock may have shut him down verbally this night but I feel like he still ended up being credible with the way his debut was handled.

[Youtube]3sRtouhd6co[/Youtube]

The most memorable interruption in wrestling has to be Scott Hall's unnannounced arrival on WCW Monday Nitro, appearing in the crowd and then grabbing a mic and getting into the ring, where it was made to look like Hall (and later Kevin Nash) were both "invaders" from the WWF who weren't under contract to WCW.

This was a huge deal at the time, and definitely one of the moments that kickstarted WCW into becoming the hottest promotion in the business, as it led to Nash's arrival, the formation of the Outsiders, and then obviously Hogan's heel turn and the dominance of the nWo.

[YOUTUBE]rLt7oSVJuSM[/YOUTUBE]

Another good option would be Ric Flair's return to the WWF the night after Vince's troops had defeated the WCW/ECW Alliance. Vince was in the ring. celebrating the victory of his company before The Nature Boy's music came on, and he strutted out to reveal himself as the "consortium" who had bought Shane and Stephanie's WWE shares, meaning that he and Vinny Manc were now business partners!

[YOUTUBE]jK94KEoFcjU[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube]o6UWUolS6Z0[/youtube]

Behind Scott Hall's arrival on Nitro, I would say this is the second most memorable and controversial interruption in wrestling unless I'm forgetting about another big interruption. This scared Vince McMahon shitless and while I wouldn't say it was the main reason for the Montreal Screwjob, it played a part in it happening. Madusa, Nash, Hall, all these guys jumping to WCW, it made Vince paranoid about whether Bret would show up on Nitro with the WWF Title or not even though Bret had gave his word that he wouldn't have and he'd vacate the title on Raw. About whether Eric Bischoff would announce the next night after Survivor Series, that he had signed the WWF Champion even though he had Bret make Eric promise not to, but we all know Eric probably would have to stick it to the WWF again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back