• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

More Republican funnies (though of a lighter nature)

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Labor unions view Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker as Public Enemy No. 1 after he championed legislation stripping unions of the ability to collectively bargain, then survived a union-backed recall attempt. But after the Packers’ loss on Monday Night Football, Walker has finally found a union he supports: The NFL Referees Association.

Responding to the Seahawks’ Hail Mary being ruled a touchdown for Seattle’s Golden Tate, rather than an interception for Green Bay’s M.D. Jennings, Walker went on Twitter this morning and wrote that the NFL should end the lockout of the NFL Referees Association and return the regular officials to the field.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...wisconsin-governor-supporting-referees-union/

The man Republicans hail as a union breaker is officially supporting the NFL referee union, after his home state team lost a football game. That's called dedication to one's beliefs.

But this next one is EASILY the funniest (though admittedly not indicative of most Republicans...well, at least I don't think):

Article regarding McDonald's including calorie counts on their menu said:
I did find one customer who had noticed the calorie labels: Dick Nigon of Sterling, Va. He and his wife, Lea, had stopped by McDonald’s after seeing an exhibit at the Renwick Gallery. Dick had ordered for the couple, noticed the calorie labels and liked them.

“I like that you have the information before you order,” he told me, when I asked about the labels. “It’s better than some kind of government health mandate in Obamacare.”

I told him that the calorie labels were, in fact, a government health mandate in Obamacare.

“Well that changes things a bit,” he responded. “I thought this was more of a voluntary sort of thing. Now I’m not quite sure how I feel about it.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...550-calories-mcdonalds-customers-say-so-what/

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back