Mongoose McQueen... This One's For You

Rasha

Championship Contender
You think Cena bashing is just some unoriginal bandwagon shit? For some of us, there's a legitimate reason; we think he sucks. Sorry, but it happens.

I was a die-hard wrestling fan from about 1990-2005. What happened in 2005? At the time I thought maybe I was just too old for wrestling and attributed it to that. But at the same time, I also knew I was really bored and annoyed by Cena's rise to prominence and the beginning of the "shoved down our throats" strategy from Vince's marketing machine.

But sure enough, a few months later, I missed wrestling. I tried to get back into WWE but between Cena and Batista it just wasn't happening. One problem with being old enough to have seen the Monday Night Wars and Attitude Era is that you end up spoiled by them.

I've tried many times to start watching the WWE again. I follow TNA now and keep up with the WWE's happenings through this website. If it sounds like something interesting is going down I'll tune in to check it out. But every time I do I never find myself wanting to come back the next week, and Cena is a huge part of that.

Pure and simple... I find him lame. His jokes suck and his modern-era Hogan persona (do-gooder, ultimately unstoppable) is tiresome. I don't think he's the worst wrestler ever, but I definitely think he's a sorry flagship. That said, I'm not totally against the guy. I'd be thrilled if he went heel because I might find him and the product somewhat tolerable again. But as long as "CeNation" (aka "Hulkamania II") is alive and well then I won't be returning to the WWE fanbase.

I'm 28-years-old and the only wrestling fan among my group of friends. Does hating Cena add anything to my life? No. But I still hated him long before I joined the IWC and there was even a "bandwagon" to join.

Now it seems there's a new bandwagon; the people who bash people who bash Cena. And you know what? Cool! I hate bandwagoners, so go get em. But if you're going to give me negative rep and call me "unoriginal" for a very basic anti-Cena remark, then I thought a little history lesson was in order.

My own thread? God.. I don't know what to say. I'd like to start by thanking the Academy.. Yeah, okay well here we go again.:shrug:

You think Cena bashing is just some unoriginal bandwagon shit? For some of us, there's a legitimate reason; we think he sucks. Sorry, but it happens.
And yet I have not herd any of these "legit reasons" from anyone. Always the same:

He always wins.
He can't wrestle.
He's PG
He can't act
He get's beat up, then recovers.

I was a die-hard wrestling fan from about 1990-2005. What happened in 2005? At the time I thought maybe I was just too old for wrestling and attributed it to that. But at the same time, I also knew I was really bored and annoyed by Cena's rise to prominence and the beginning of the "shoved down our throats" strategy from Vince's marketing machine.
Pretty sure I asked in that thread..
"Point being? Remember Hogan? Or Austin?"
Both these men were unstoppable and shoved down our throats too. How can someone follow up Austin? They tried with Brock, but it didn't take off the same. Along came Cena. He worked.

But sure enough, a few months later, I missed wrestling. I tried to get back into WWE but between Cena and Batista it just wasn't happening. One problem with being old enough to have seen the Monday Night Wars and Attitude Era is that you end up spoiled by them.
Which seems to be where the majority of the bitching and complaining comes from today. People spoiled by the AE. They say wrestling is crap to what it was then.:disappointed:

I've tried many times to start watching the WWE again. I follow TNA now and keep up with the WWE's happenings through this website. If it sounds like something interesting is going down I'll tune in to check it out. But every time I do I never find myself wanting to come back the next week, and Cena is a huge part of that.
Well then you're missing out on some good shit. You would know if you were watching. Oh, he's been beaten twice in the past 3 weeks. Did you know that? I guess there goes that unstoppable theory.
Pure and simple... I find him lame. His jokes suck and his modern-era Hogan persona (do-gooder, ultimately unstoppable) is tiresome. I don't think he's the worst wrestler ever, but I definitely think he's a sorry flagship. That said, I'm not totally against the guy. I'd be thrilled if he went heel because I might find him and the product somewhat tolerable again. But as long as "CeNation" (aka "Hulkamania II") is alive and well then I won't be returning to the WWE fanbase.
The guy sells more shit then anyone, and brings in Hogan-syle cash, and this means he a bad "flagship"? I fail to see the logic in that. If you're going to base not liking, or watching the show based off one guy? Go right ahead.. But that's pretty moronic really. The way things have been since SummerSlam, Cena hasn't even been the real main focus of the show. Which is something you would know if you were watching, not just criticizing from a distance. We had Hogan in the 80's, Austin for the 90's/00's, and Cena (who really is a combo of the 2) for now. That's right I just said Cena was like a combo of Hogan and Austin.

I'm 28-years-old and the only wrestling fan among my group of friends. Does hating Cena add anything to my life? No. But I still hated him long before I joined the IWC and there was even a "bandwagon" to join.
That may be, but I think a lot of people have used a similar story now.

Now it seems there's a new bandwagon; the people who bash people who bash Cena. And you know what? Cool! I hate bandwagoners, so go get em. But if you're going to give me negative rep and call me "unoriginal" for a very basic anti-Cena remark, then I thought a little history lesson was in order.
What can I say, I was being honest. It was pretty unoriginal.

Cena's a MEDIOCRE wrestler and gives lame interviews!
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to hate on the guy. Save your energy.

Those were the 2. That's nothing that hasn't been said a hundred thousand times in just the 2 months I've been here. If those were not unoriginal to you.. Well.. Hate to see what is.

Thanks for the thread though. That was pretty nice of you. It's like waking up on X-Mas morning to see that shiny red bike you wanted.

65va77.jpg

Rasha if you paid attention to that thread I buried all of you idiots that shared the same asinine opinions as well through my reply.

Cena has 6 moves
his finish sucks
go on Yt and search Cena disses number one contenders
That is the cena i like promo wise

Cena has Face plant shoulder block leg drop AA STF Fisherman plex hip toss thats more then 5 i dont count FKS

You're 28 years old and still watching oiled men in borderline banana hammocks play fighting each other. Don't act as if American professional wrestling's meant to be anything more than shit entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back