Moment of the Year

What was the Moment of the Year in 2017?

• Kurt Angle Teams with the Shield

• Tyler Bate Wins the UK Title Tournament

• John Cena Wins 16th World Title

• Aleister Black Says Velveteen Dream's Name

• Kairi Sane Wins Mae Young Classic

• Tommaso Ciampa Turns on Johnny Gargano

• Braun Strowman Turns Over Ambulance

• Festival of Friendship

• Undertaker's Retirement

• Hardys Return to WWE

• Chris Jericho Challenges Kenny Omega

• Roman Reigns Opens Raw After Wrestlemania

Results are only viewable after voting.
I went with Taker's retirement, though it'll seem like such a waste of Taker comes back, yet again, for one more match. Taker has been the one constant in WWE for over a quarter century and, much like his streak ending, the notion of him being gone is an emotional one for me. I've always loved watching Taker and I always respected him for being a true pro's pro, so the sight of him carefully folding his coat and laying his hat on top of it before exiting the ring to give one final salute to the crowd was something that, again, if it was his last match, is someone to remember.

Takers retirement is probably the real answer, but I had to go with Ciampa's turn on Gargano.

Like, my god man, they took something we all knew was coming and still made it shocking. I have to pick this, because something happened that almost never happens...

They got me.

I was lulled into security by the "end of the show" logo in the bottom left corner...the first time, in 20 years, I recall them using it as a fake-out. They put a fucking fake end of show logo up, and THEN did an incredibly callous, brutal heel turn. Sold brilliantly by all involved, I'm sure it will disappear into the ether, which is sad, since for me, this is just as prolific and well done as the Barber Shop window.

Undertaker's retirement, and the emotions that came with it. Not just the bittersweet ones for Undertaker's fans, but for the animosity towards Roman Reigns in the coming weeks.

Takers retirement is probably the real answer, but I had to go with Ciampa's turn on Gargano.

Like, my god man, they took something we all knew was coming and still made it shocking. I have to pick this, because something happened that almost never happens...

They got me.

I was lulled into security by the "end of the show" logo in the bottom left corner...the first time, in 20 years, I recall them using it as a fake-out. They put a fucking fake end of show logo up, and THEN did an incredibly callous, brutal heel turn. Sold brilliantly by all involved, I'm sure it will disappear into the ether, which is sad, since for me, this is just as prolific and well done as the Barber Shop window.

They did it when Owens turned on Sami at R-Evolution too. That's why I somewhat expected it here.

Had to pick Strowman flipping over an ambulance to kick start one of the most spot visual rivalries WWE has done in a LONG time vs Roman Reigns. That ambulance spot was just insane.

All of those moments were great, but the moment that had me experiencing a high of excitement I hadn't felt in a long time was the return of The Hardys. They were TNA mainstays and the dirt sheets were either having a really bad month or they were being paid off by the WWE to keep the Hardys' return on the down low.

New Day came out all like they were about to put themselves into the match, and then The Hardy Boyz theme hit and I went ape-shit. Undeniably the biggest reaction the WWE was able to get out of me.

It has to be 'Taker's retirement. It had been a long time since I had been in tears watching wrestling and that moment did it for me. If that is the last time we see 'Taker as a wrestler, it will be well remembered.

They did it when Owens turned on Sami at R-Evolution too. That's why I somewhat expected it here.

I remember this!!!! I tuned out when I saw it. Three minute later I saw the show was still live confused and tuned back in just to see a replay of Steen attacking Zayn and was shocked out of my mind, thinking "What the hell did I just miss?"

Taker's retirement was most emotional.
Strowman flipping Reigns was my favorite as it was shocking, funny, and brutal at the same time. The site of the fake doll flipping was funny as hell as it looked like Strowman ragdolled his ass. A scene straight outta WCWF lmao

I was lulled into security by the "end of the show" logo in the bottom left corner...the first time, in 20 years, I recall them using it as a fake-out.

Owens' - not entirely dissimilar - betrayal of Zayn at TakeOver R-Evolution. *adjusts pocket protector*

Edit: Not even the first pedant. Damn it all.

I'm not ever going to be convinced that Undertaker is retired until he literally dies, and even then I will have my doubts. There are a lot of rumors he is going to wrestle again this year, so it doesn't feel like a retirement. We all knew Roman's win was coming too, so I think that took away from the moment.

The pop the Hardy's generated was a moment, but I think most of us knew they would be back too. It just happened much sooner than we thought.

The breakup of DIY was shocking because of how it was presented, on top of the fact that the team still felt like they had legs. I had my Xbox controller in hand, ready to exit the Network app when it happened, that's how unexpected and shocking it was. It was also helped by the fact that Gargano and Ciampa were always presented as best friends. They even lived together man. That shit cut deep.

For me, Undertaker's retirement wins this. He was the first wrestler I remember watching and his last match, especially him laying his gear in the ring was an emotional moment.

Also, JR's appearance (and the crowd reaction) days after his personal tragedy was a great moment as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back