Mojo Rawley- Will He Make It?

Discussion in 'WWE Discussion' started by Glacier, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Glacier

Glacier Pre-Show Stalwart

He seems to lack charisma and his push seems to be ending
    abruptly.

He is back to losing like crazy, even to smaller performers.

What do you think? Is he going to become successful at all?

Afro kitty likes this.
  2. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
    E-Fed Mod

It happens to a lot of people that may not deserve it.

They only concentrate on the top card, which should get the most attention mind you but not at the expense of people like Rawley.

If he sticks it out & they don't get rid of him due to budget cuts I'm sure we'll see him again because Face or Heel he gets a reaction from the crowd

Afro kitty likes this.
  3. Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Jeff Deliverer of Mail Money for nothin, chicks for free
    E-Fed Mod

He'll probably remain in the low card forever. That's not really a bad thing in the top wrestling company on the planet. He could be on a low card in a nothing promotion instead, so really it could be worse.

Afro kitty likes this.
  4. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Mojo Rawley is going to stay where he is. Whatever sort of interest Vince may have had in him is gone, which means it's back to working house shows, wrestling on Main Event or occasionally jobbing out on Raw.

Afro kitty likes this.
  5. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

He's changed a lot since he turned heel, all of the passion and frenetic energy seems to be missing. In other words I don't think the heel turn has helped him at all. That's just my opinion.

I don't mind Rawley. Unfortunately he's just a warm body for the bookers to fill the card with and that's likely his future in the WWE. I can see him moving up and down the card from lower midcard to midcard as needed. Don't think his chances are better anywhere else though. At least he's getting paycheck, can't say that for some of the other's that have left.

Afro kitty and Dave like this.
  6. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Define 'make it'.

In terms of Rawley, he'll never be a world champion. That'd doesn't always constitute success for a lot of wrestlers. More wrestlers never get to that level than actually do, so most are aware of their ceiling of success.

Could Rawley eventually become a midcard champion? Absolutely. It'd take a massive change in his personality, talent, and momentum. But you should never say never in wrestling because I, for one, never thought Jinder Mahal would be WWE Champion. You just never know. Right now though, he's miles behind other competitors in the same position as him.

7. neildittmar

neildittmar Getting Noticed By Management

Make it? Yeah... he'll eventually make it onto posters for independent wrestling cards billed as fka Mojo Rawley.

Said differently, he's first string... on the future endeavored list if/when WWE needs to make some roster cuts to save some money.

His face run was far less exciting than the aura of the character he portrayed. His heel run has been even more uninspired and lacking. I'd like to think that in a different era (early-mid 90's perhaps) that Mojo Rawley would've found success with his "stay hyped" persona. In 2018, neither character has connected with audiences and this will likely not change.

Afro kitty and Dave like this.
  8. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I never understood why WWE split up the hype bros. if they didn'T have any plans for Mojo after the split. Personally, i see so much potential with Mojo as he's as good of a heel as Corbin is and he could make a good upper mid card heel to fight for the U.S or I.C title. But for some reason, they are scared to pull the trigger on him and give him a opportunity to prove that he can hang with other mid card guys.

So again, if they didn'T have a plan for him after the Hype bros. breakup, why split them up in the first place. At less when he was teaming with Ryder, he was getting a decent push and could have gotten some sort of a tag title run out of it.

9. Radical

Radical Championship Contender

If 'making it' would mean he is a bonafide main eventer then, no, he's not likely going to 'make it'.

But if 'making it' means he can carve out a decent spot on the mid-card and last for years, then yeah, he might be able to 'make it' that way.

And what would be wrong with that? Literally not everyone on the WWE roster can be in the main event nor is main event material. There needs to be some that can do decent mid-card work.

To me Mojo is a guy who looks like a big obnoxious jerk. I mean that for his character. And that could make him a great heel. Someone that the fans want to see a babyface beat him and put him in his place.

Right now, he doesn't have a well-defined character so he's just jobber fodder. But if he could get some sort of gimmick that works that draws more heat than just kicking a guy a couple of times after you beat him then he could get some more credibility and then be a worthwhile feud for a babyface to work with.

Afro kitty likes this.