• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Modern Pop vs. Classic Rock

Leafy

Getting Noticed By Management
I regularly get a ride home from my soccer practices with my neighbor. She loves pop and constantly listens to the local pop station.

As we ride home she flips through the channels and Clapton's Knocking on Heaven's doors comes on. The perfect end of the day song to listen to. As I get back to relax I hear "ew" and she then turns it to Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi", a song we listened to 3 times in that 30 minute drive.

My question is to pop listeners, would you rather listen to a new pop hit 3 times in a row, or a rock classic? Please let me hear this was just a bad choice and not representing the entire pop listening group.

I try listening to the pop station on the radio, it's just so annoying now. I try to force myself to keep it on that station hoping something might come on that piques my interest, nothing ever does. I hear Lady Gaga or some other annoying thing that they call "music" and I turn the radio off. It's pretty much the same with every station though it seems. Both my local rock stations get really repetitive with their music, it's annoying. I prefer classic rock over pop, but there's only so many times you can listen to the same classic rock songs. You gotta switch it up a bit.

Honestly it depends on the time of the day and what my mood happens to be.

If I'm overly happy/excited, I want to listen to pop. Pop is always fun to listen to in the car. Driving down the street singing your ass off with the windows rolled up because you don't want someone to hear you singing a Justin Timberlake or Lady Gaga song. Yea, don't act like you've never done it.

If it is at the end of the day and I have had a long and hard day, I like to relax with some soft classic rock or R&B. My favorite Classic Rock song to listen to is Turn the Page. That is one of the best songs ever written. Sometimes I even go way back in the day and listen to King of the Road. That song always puts a smile on my face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back