Mod Impeachments?

punchline

Occasional Pre-Show
(I tried posting this in the Site Administration section but it wouldn't let me, i figured this would be the next best place.)

Just to make it clear, this isn't a call to action. Merely an idea for the future. Now, during these elections, people kept throwing out (don't vote for 'insert name here', then we'll be stuck with a crappy mod that abuses their power!"

What hit's me in these posts is the word "stuck". Why should we be stuck with someone like that? I'm sure there are already rules in place to remove bad moderators. But i thought an impeachment process would be a good suggestion, as it would help balance fairness and allow the whole forums to get involved.

I figured the process could start by someone having to make a case to the other mods on why someone should be impeached. At this point, the mods would decide if they agree or not, and if they do, It would be put up to a vote for everyone to vote on.

Like i said, i'm sure a mod removal process exists already, but i figure now that we are officially voting Mods in through election, an impeachment process would go hand-in-hand with that.

Again, just a suggestion, what do you all think?

There is no need. If a mod started to seriously abuse his power, Sly or KB would demote them without the need for any of all that.

Now, if you are suggesting doing something like that just for fun, as a goof, it could be rather funny to watch the proceedings.

Only if they did a reverse election thing. That would be awesome. Though I think we should keep Dagger immune because he'd be easy pickings otherwise, being the new guy and what not.

I think it sounds like it will be a good theme for the event. The chorus is very catchy and I like the beat, both of which are things a great Wrestlemania theme needs. Last year's song was pretty good too for the same reasons. I am glad they are branching out lately instead of going with generic rock songs. Wrestlemania needs a great song to help promote it. I don't know many people who are more likely to purchase a PPV event that gets promoted with boring music. While it isn't as good as last year's song, I think they made a good choice with this track if that is the one they will be promoting the show with.

I had not heard of Machine Gun Kelly before this, I might check out some of their other tracks now. The name "invincible" is fitting too. I completely agree with Super Awesome. It will fit in great with tracks like "I Made it" and "Written in the Stars". I don't know if this is the official track they are going with though. Sometimes it changes between The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania itself. I recall that Wrestlemania 25 first got promoted with Kid Rock's Cowboy at first, then of course it changed to AC/DC's Shoot To Thrill instead. If WWE do decide to go with this track then they made a good choice.

Yes

Only if they did a reverse election thing. That would be awesome. Though I think we should keep Dagger immune because he'd be easy pickings otherwise, being the new guy and what not.

That's why i think a user would have to make a case to the other Mods before an impeachment vote can happen. They would have to show an actual abuse of power or lack of quality in their work so that no one is just picked on and impeached for personal issues.

lack of quality in their work .

The opening match needs to be something that will get the fans hyped up and excited for the event. They had a few years where Wrestlemania's opened with a Money In the Bank match. These matches are always exciting so if it comes back this year, I would not be surprised if it opens the show. As long as they don't open it with a World Championship match like last year, that was ridiculous. The only thing worse than opening it with a world title match would be having Cena and The Rock go first. WWE have made some mistakes over the years, but they are smart enough to save the more important matches for later on in the evening.

I personally would want to see a midcard title match go first, or perhaps a tag team titles match. The opening match of Wrestlemania 26 is a great example. ShowMiz took on Morrison & Truth in a match that set the pace for an excellent show by hyping people up right from the start. If they find the right guys to catch people's attention from the very beginning then a midcard or tag team title match going first is the route I'd take. Imagine Air Boom starting off the show in tag team action, or someone like Sin Cara challenging for a midcard title. Or they could do MITB first. Just please not another world title opener like last year. That was a bad call.

There is no need. If a mod started to seriously abuse his power, Sly or KB would demote them without the need for any of all that.

Fair enough. I just figured with the Mod elections and all, this could be another fun step in really making the running of these forums more interactive and hands on for all the users, with the main power ultimately still in the hands of the Mods to avoid chaos taking over in a situation like that.

Also, it would work well as a check for the balance of power. I'm not at all insinuating anything, but just as an example, what if it were Sly and KB who were the ones that started running rampant for whatever reason? Would there be a way in the current system to keep them in check?

Also, it would work well as a check for the balance of power. I'm not at all insinuating anything, but just as an example, what if it were Sly and KB who were the ones that started running rampant for whatever reason? Would there be a way in the current system to keep them in check?

Sly and KB run the forums. They are the top dogs. They would have the final say in any "impeachment" dealings, so hypothetically, if it were one of them, they would overrule the vote anyway. It would be a meaningless gesture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back