Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Quick Take:
redskins_logo.jpg
Redskins (1-0) at
eagles_logo.jpg
Eagles (0-1)
NFL.com

Series leader: Redskins, 74-64-5
Streaks: The Eagles have won the last two games.
On TV: 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN (Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski, and Tony Kornheiser)

Remember the last time? December 10, 2006: Eagles 21, Redskins 19. Eagles QB Jeff Garcia tossed two touchodwns and S Michael Lewis had an 84-yard interception return for a TD.

Inside the game:
Redskins: Coach Joe Gibbs seeks his 20th career victory against the Eagles. ... QB Jason Campbell aims for third consecutive start with more than 220 passing yards. ... RB Clinton Portis has five rushing touchdowns in the past four meetings. ... RB Ladell Betts rushed for a career-high 171 yards in the last game against Philadelphia. ... WR Santana Moss has 12 receptions for 351 yards and a pair of touchodwns in four starts on Monday Night Football. ... WR/PR Antwaan Randle El had a career-best 162 yards on five receptions last week, and has 19 career touchdowns. ... K Shaun Suisham converted all three field goals last week, including the game-winner in overtime.

Eagles: Andy Reid and the Eagles are 34-20 in division games since 1999, including an 11-5 mark against the Redskins. ... QB Donovan McNabb is 9-4 with 2,616 passing yards and 21 touchdowns agasint the Redskins. McNabb is 4-1 against the Redskins in the last five meetings. McNabb has tossed 11 TDs and only three INTs during that stretch. ... RB Brian Westbrook had 276 yards from scrimmage in Week 1. Westbrook had a team-high six receptions in Week 1 and now has reception in 48 consecutive games, the longest current streak among active running backs. ... WR Reggie Brown had a career-high two touchdowns against Washington on Jan. 1, 2006. ... CB Sheldon Brown had a 70-yard INT TD in the team's last meeting in Philadelphia, and Brown had an INT against Green Bay. ... DE Jevon Kearse has a sack in two of the past three meetings.

If anyone wants to discuss this game here you go, could be another upset with the Skins winning

this game isnt that entertaining both offenses seem struggling, i dont see how since Washington got two solid backs and a young talented qb and santana moss.

I really havn't been paying much attention to this game, but Raw is almost over then I'm sure I'll watch this, hopefully it has an exciting ending (the game not Raw, I know Raw will have another shit ending as always)

I am watching a little while doing home work, low scoring games are hard to watch. but to me the game seems sloppy, but Campbell is looking alright and Santana is doing the usual.

No big deal Washington has a decent little drive going, I hope they start scoring more. Nice little run by portis 20-9 Skins

I dont know i would have went with them also because they are at home but McNabb doesnt look the same like he used too. Maybe no real big receiver threat but i do not know.

Well the Eagles have decent defense, and the Skins haven't really proven anything to me over the past couple of seasons to make me believe they could pull out a win on Monday night, that and it's early in the season, and hard to tell who's really going to stand out this year

I agree Joe Gibbs offensive schemes dont work in this day in age and stuff. There O-Line doesnt impress me. But most good NFC still look week compared to some of the BEST AFC teams. LIke the Pats or even the Steelers at this point. No NFC team stands out except maybe the bears but only for there defense and possibly GB because there D is solid and they still got Favre. Anyways 20-12 Skins. solid drive by mcnabbs bunch. need to score though when you get that close.

I agree Joe Gibbs offensive schemes dont work in this day in age and stuff. There O-Line doesnt impress me. But most good NFC still look week compared to some of the BEST AFC teams. LIke the Pats or even the Steelers at this point. No NFC team stands out except maybe the bears but only for there defense and possibly GB because there D is solid and they still got Favre. Anyways 20-12 Skins. solid drive by mcnabbs bunch. need to score though when you get that close.

That made me happy seeing as how I'm a Packer fan:D

I love Brett Favre and actually was a greenbay fan when he was there. I dont know if many people were. But there defense has vastly improved over basically a yr. I say solid coaching and drafting. I hope some how they can take down Chicago because i dont like grossman. Anyways did Eagles recover an onside kick?

I love Brett Favre and actually was a green fan when he was there. I dont know if many people were. But there defense has vastly improved over basically a yr. I say solid coaching and drafting. I hope some how they can take down Chicago because i dont like grossman. Anyways did Eagles recover an onside kick?

Yeah Green Bay has one of the most underrated defenses in the league imo, the only thing they really need work on in their defense are CBs Woodson & Harris are decent but getting old, I think they need to go out and get some youth in that position, other than that I think the defense is pretty good, now all they need to do is start working on the Offensive side of the ball, which I think they are starting to do , right now they are working on building up the O-line and RBs, soon they will go out and work on the receiver end then eventually when Favre retires (if he ever does) they will work on that position probably go with Rodgers, though I wouldn't be surprised if they go out and get another QB just in case Rodgers doesn't work out

any way this game is over another big upset this week, crazy week in the NFL

Don't know if I'm going to make anymore of these MNF Live Discussion, other than you and me nobody really uses them

agreed. It might be a waste of time. Mcnabb couldnt get the td at the end but was left in a hard spot. Disappointing game IMO

That made me happy seeing as how I'm a Packer fan:D

I forgot Justin you represent the 608 just like me but Im still a Bears fan and Grossman isnt that bad I dont see whats to hate unless your a Bears fans then in that case Ive hated Rex many times but in the end hes there best option

I'll keep doing SNF Live Discussion, but with Raw on Monday nights MNF is just not a good idea for a live discussion, Sunday seem to do a little better as long as their isn't a PPV going on, LOL

I'll keep doing SNF Live Discussion, but with Raw on Monday nights MNF is just not a good idea for a live discussion, Sunday seem to do a little better as long as their isn't a PPV going on, LOL

great idea Bears Cowgirls next week should be a good game

Not to bash but Grossman isnt that good, makes terrible decisions with the Ball, i got a good option, draft a quarterback. jk. But i hope the game next week for sunday is better than this, except the end was sort of thrilling but Mcnabb couldnt get it done

So will you be part of the SNF Live Discussion next week?

If you say yes I'll expect to see you there, and if you're not I'll be very disappointed

Im hoping to be here but I cant make any promises because I may not have my new computer hooked up by game time but Ill do my best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back