MLB Trade Deadline

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
The days preceding the deadline are sometimes almost as as active as the deadline itself. With the deadline being tomorrow, we've seen some trades happen already.

• Phillies aquire Hunter Pence from Astros in exchange for Jarred Cosart, Jonathan Singleton, Josh Zeid, and a PTBNL.
  • Giants acquire Carlos Beltran from Mets in exchange for Zack Wheeler
  • Indians acquire Kosuke Fukudome from Cubs in exchange for Abner Abreu and Carlton Smith.
  • The Red Sox aquired Mike Aviles from Royals in exchange for Yamaico Navarro and Kendal Volz.
  • Tigers aquire Doug Fister and David Pauley from Mariners in exchange for Francisco Martinez, Casper Wells, Charlie Furbush, and a PTBNL.
  • Brewers acquire Jerry Hairston Jr. from Nationals for Erik Komatsu.
  • Diamondbacks acquire Ryan Langerhans from Mariners in exchange for cash considerations.

Enjoy the deadline, folks. I'll be here updating trades.

I do like the move by the Tigers. They need a #4 starter, Fisters been better then his W-L indicates, and he wont be a FA til 2015. The only big loss is Martinez, but he wasn't even our 3B of the future so I will take it.

Fister was at a bit of a disadvantage because he played on a bad team like the Mariners. It is a good move for Detroit, and it doesn't look like they're done making trades.

• Giants acquire Orlando Cabrera from Indians in exchange for Thomas Neal.
  • Cardinals acquire Rafael Furcal from Dodgers in exchange for cash and a PTBNL.
  • Pirates acquire Derrek Lee from Orioles in exchange for Aaron Baker.

Note: The Rockies acquire White, Gardner, McBride and a PTBNL from the Indians in exchange for Jimenez. Not my previous report.

That means the Yanks still have a chance if they're even interested.

Boston did pick up Erik Bedard today in a three team deal. However, now players have to clear waivers in order to be traded. I don't think The Yanks were ever interested in Harden. But, I'm honestly shocked that The Yankees didn't do anything today.

Boston did pick up Erik Bedard today in a three team deal. However, now players have to clear waivers in order to be traded. I don't think The Yanks were ever interested in Harden. But, I'm honestly shocked that The Yankees didn't do anything today.
what could the Yankees have done? Gotten a useless depth starting pitcher? A second lefty (that would become a 3rd if/when Marte comes back)?

The Yankees didn't need anything, so they kept their prospects (Nova, Betances/Banuelos, Montero), and the Killer B's have such bright futures, I'd rather have them then Ubaldo or some OK starter. They had a great deadline.

what could the Yankees have done? Gotten a useless depth starting pitcher? A second lefty (that would become a 3rd if/when Marte comes back)?

The Yankees didn't need anything, so they kept their prospects (Nova, Betances/Banuelos, Montero), and the Killer B's have such bright futures, I'd rather have them then Ubaldo or some OK starter. They had a great deadline.

Sorry but Ubaldo is NOT useless. he''s got a bright future ahead of him.

Sorry but Ubaldo is NOT useless. he''s got a bright future ahead of him.
My apologies. I meant to start the list of what the Yankees could have gotten with "an overrated non-ace starting pitcher."

Bright future? What bright future? There's nothing to say that he has a bright future. Look at the back of his baseball card (or better yet, his baseball reference page). Take out his one 19-8 year (which was tale of 2 half-seasons), and you get the very definition of average.

Ubaldo is overrated. He had one great half year, has been crap for over 12 months, and pitchers who throw over 500 innings in Colorado have never gone to new cities and met expectations.

Ubaldo's 2nd half of 2010 was poor (4-7 with a 3.80 ERA after the break, and if you go back to the end of June, he's 6-7 with a 4.34). Couple that with his 2011 totals (6-9 with a 4.46) and you get a pitcher not at all worth 2 top prospects, yet alone 4 (which was the asking price for the Yankees).

Ubaldo wasn't useless, I agree (never meant to say he was). What is is is overrated, and he would have been a terrible trade for the Yankees.

Ubaldo would've been horrible in the AL East, you could even argue that Wandy would have been too. National League pitchers usually fare horribly in the AL when they come over in the middle of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back