MLB Playoffs

nwocongo

Getting Noticed By Management
So far the National league games have all been very competitive games, a lot of fun watch. Not many surprises as to who made the playoffs but there a lot of compelling potential story lines, a possible SF v. LA NLCS, Bos v. Toronto ALCS, Rangers v. Washington WS (old DC team vs new DC team), two teams with lengthy championship droughts in a Cubs v. Cleveland WS or a Cubs v. Boston WS.

The Rangers and Sox have been pretty disappointing so far, I wouldn't count Boston out but I see no way the Rangers can win two in the Rogers Centre to force a game 5, I think the Nats can rebound as the rest of their rotation matches up well with LA but they are pretty banged up and definitely missing Wilson Ramos' bat. As a Cub's fan this has been a very exciting season, easily the best Cubs team I've ever had the privilege of watching, the pessimism is too ingrained in me to say they have everything wrapped up but they certainly have the tools needed to win.

I was definitely mistaken about Toronto's pitching holding up and despite his lackluster regular season, Stroman shut me up with his performance in the Wildcard game. Losing Benoit out of the pen could be a problem but if the staring pitching and offense remains as good as it had been, it shouldn't be an issue. Now that I pointed out I was wrong about Toronto I'd like to gloat for a moment.
All the Mets fans I work with have been conspicuously silent with the baseball chatter lately, I was mocked when I told them that they burned up all their arms last postseason. Well what happened to DeGrom? Harvey? Matz? All year I kept hearing "wait til Wheeler comes back, wait til Harvey gets right, wait til Conforto heats up".... Still waiting on every front.
As a Cubs fan (easy target), I usually don't shit talk other teams too much but, I may not have another year where I can say the Cubs dominated the NL, so fuck the Mets. Oh yeah, and especially fuck the Cardinals. The St. Louis sports writers spent a lot of time bashing Heyward and the Cubs this year, big talk for team that never got close enough to appear in the Cub's rear view mirror, not to mention having a member of their organization busted for hacking another team's data.

Been very surprised about how the Rangers have been the first 2 games of the playoffs. All year their ballpen showed signs of getting massacred in the playoffs but their batting always helped them. They had 13 hits in game 2 so bit unlucky to only get a few runs but still. Bjays have done awesome so far and it's hard to see them not winning 1 of the next 2. If their bats are ok tomorrow then I don't see rangers beating them.

I think Nationals and Dodgers is going the distance. Nats will win next game and then see what happens from there. I still like the Nats to get advance. I also expect Red Sox to win the next 2 and i think they probably even win game 5 as well. Cubs will advance. So I like Nats vs Cubs and BlueJays vs Red Sox (or Indians) to have the World Series as Cubs vs Sox or Tribe.

Cubs have looked great all year and it would be a shame if they didn't win it all. Love Red Sox lineup as well so wouldn't mind them winning it for Big Papi. Ideally though if Chicago Cubs win it would be better as the sports world would have just flipped upside down. Leceister City win the premier league which is massive, Cavs win an NBA title and also came back from 3-1 down to do it which is unheard of, and also in Australia this year a team won their first AFL (Australian rules) premiership in 63 years (18 teams in the comp) and in the NRL (the national rugby league with 16 teams) a team won their first ever premiership. Hopefully Cubs continue the trend.

Cleveland is taking that series against the Sox. Better pitching top to bottom. Don't be shocked if they take the AL.

It would not surprise me. They have kind of flown under the radar with everyone riding the high of Ortiz's farewell tour and the race in the AL east but they have an advantage over the rest of the AL, they can run. Francisco Lindor and Jose Ramirez will probably become household names after this postseason they are two of the better youngsters in the league.

Cleveland is taking that series against the Sox. Better pitching top to bottom. Don't be shocked if they take the AL.

I'm really hoping that doesn't happen and the Toronto Bats start swinging this October. Looking forward to the Blue Jays winning the ALCS and then onto the World Series. If Edwin Encarnación, José Bautista and start getting hot, they can beat anyone.

GO JAYS GO

Oh and there is no excuse now for Toronto not signing Encarnacion. If he's not part of the team next year, I'm being a fan of whatever team he ends up on. He wants to stay in Toronto and we want him here.

I'm really hoping that doesn't happen and the Toronto Bats start swinging this October. Looking forward to the Blue Jays winning the ALCS and then onto the World Series. If Edwin Encarnación, José Bautista and start getting hot, they can beat anyone.

GO JAYS GO

Oh and there is no excuse now for Toronto not signing Encarnacion. If he's not part of the team next year, I'm being a fan of whatever team he ends up on. He wants to stay in Toronto and we want him here.

I couldn't agree more. In spring training, I was the first to say that Bautista should be resigned over Edwin. I couldn't have been more wrong. Come on, Rogers, give this man every dollar that he wants and the keys to the city.

I couldn't agree more. In spring training, I was the first to say that Bautista should be resigned over Edwin. I couldn't have been more wrong. Come on, Rogers, give this man every dollar that he wants and the keys to the city.

I think we need both of them. At least it would keep us from playing against them. LOL When Bautista is on form, he's a powerhouse, and Edwin is leading the post season in home runs and RBI's right now. Better have them on our team than someone else's. Toronto can start looking next year or the year after for other players. Let Encarnacion at least finish his playing days here like he wants too. Bautista has been quoted as saying he doesn't want to leave either.

Jays Can Suck It. Roll Tribe!

I'll be crushing a few brews Friday night at Game One.

Jays Can Suck It. Roll Tribe!

I'll be crushing a few brews Friday night at Game One.

I have to agree, I tried to root for the Jays last year but their shitty tude kinda soured me.
I'm not even talking about the bat flip, that was fine in my eyes and I don't mind Bautista but their manager is a classless putz and Josh Donaldson is on the same level as Manny Machado for me, constantly stirring shit up and then playing the victim.
Pitching inside is and always has been a part of the game, but anytime he gets hit on that elbow pad he hangs out over the plate he takes the shit personal and acts as if the pitcher is out of line for daring to come inside on the Almighty Josh. If he's going to strut around with that brash attitude and his chest puffed out he shouldn't piss and moan about getting pitched inside. It's a shame because he's a great player, too bad he feels the need to run his mouth instead of letting his game do the talking.
This is what bothers me about the overall aura of this team, it's perfectly fine for them to play with flare and a massive chip on their shoulders, but Gibbons has a shit fit when someone gives them a taste of their own medicine. It's kind of ironic that the beanball war that Gibbons felt the need to perpetuate against the Yanks in the last week of the season resulted in losing Benoit for the postseason, that's bush league stuff to get involved with that when your prepping for a postseason. The way the starters have been pitching it shouldn't matter though.

Shitty attitudes aside these are two very talented teams and it should be an entertaining series, on paper the Jays seem to have the advantage but it's hard to bet against Francona. Regardless of who takes this postseason, I can rest easy that it won't be Boston, New York or St. Louis.

Looks like Toronto is donecakes barring a miracle. Josh Donaldson should take some time this offseason to reflect on how stupid his haircut is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back