• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mizzou possibly headed for SEC; WVU and/or Louisville Big 12 bound?

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Rumors are abound. Mizzou could announce it's departure from the Big 12 as early as tomorrow, and top candidates as a replacement are West Virginia and Louisville, reports say. BYU is also being looked at, and the Big 12 could easily go to a 12-team conference. With Texas A&M going to the SEC as well, Pitt, Syracuse, and possibly UConn bolting the Big East for The ACC, and TCU heading to the Big 12, what does this mean for college football. This move would put the SEC and ACC both at 14 teams very soon, and the Big East looking on the brink of heading back to non-football status, could this be the beginning of the 16-team super-conference powers?

From what I keep reading, BYU is a no go to the Big 12. Too many cultural differences, TV differences, and specal rules to cater around.

West Virginia, louisville and Cincinnati would be my guess if they are going to 12. It is interesting to see the pissing match going on between everyone and Texas. Texas only wants 10, everyone else wants 12.

Mizzou going to the SEC is a terrible idea. I strongly dislike it. They will become the Vanderbilt of the SEC, just without the quality academic reputation.

At the end of the day it's about money. Mizzou shouldn't go, but they will. Texas has pretty much destroyed that conference.

I'm not so sure I want to see WVU go to the Big 12. I'd much rather see them head for the ACC, but I believe that ACC rejected them. Primarily, they need to bolt the Big East, for football purposes at least, because that conference is a sinking ship. Within 5 years, I don't see it being around for football purposes. They remaining member may have to join the super-conference forming from the MWC-CUSA merger.

The mountain west/ conference USA thing is the biggest clusterfuck I've ever read. Unless the Big East loses another three teams, it won't die. Theyll simply take the best of the rest and move along. They have the AQ, so teams will continue to join.

TV drives the bus in the whole realignment thing. Losing Mizzou hurts the Big 12, because they lose at least St. Louis, if not a big chunk of KC. BYU does have a national following, but I'm not sure how that would work.

BYU has some strict rules, but can't hate on them too hard for having standards.

TV drives the bus in the whole realignment thing. Losing Mizzou hurts the Big 12, because they lose at least St. Louis, if not a big chunk of KC. BYU does have a national following, but I'm not sure how that would work.

BYU has some strict rules, but can't hate on them too hard for having standards.

As a diehard Utah fan, I can. :lmao:

I've been groomed to hate BYU my entire life.

The mountain west/ conference USA thing is the biggest clusterfuck I've ever read. Unless the Big East loses another three teams, it won't die. Theyll simply take the best of the rest and move along. They have the AQ, so teams will continue to join.

Honestly, how long will that AQ status last after Pitt and Syracuse bolt, especially if WVU and/or Louisville leave as well?

Pitt and Cuse are overrated and actually hurt the big east rankings. Pitt are perennial choke artist, and cuse has been a non factor since 1998.

Adding a Boise, Houston or uCF actually raises the ranking.

Boise is the only one who would raise the rankings. Houston may this year, but they are nowhere near the level that BYU, Boise, TCU, or Utah (when they were mid-major) are consistently. And UCF? Since when? Am I missing something?

West Virginia is now headed to the Big 12.

EDIT: Thread in the Stadium on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back