Mistico has a new Name

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Mistico on WWE.com

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today unveiled their latest Superstar signing, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico. The announcement took place today during a press conference in his hometown Mexico City, where passionate fans of all ages turned out to see their favorite performer become the newest addition to the WWE roster.

Having already forged a strong international fan following, Sin Cara, known for his high flying style and awe inspiring acrobatics, is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Sin Cara is a tremendous performer who brings the crowd to its feet every time he steps into the ring,” said Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, WWE. “With us, his stardom will only get bigger and brighter.”

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports-entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world.”

cool, They are acknowledging his history here, this is a good thing and I'm looking forward to seeing him debut

Not exactly inconspicuous, is he?

18292910568905951161110.jpg

Pretty good name. I hope they changed it for legal reasons and not because they want him to be a 'WWE product'. This announcement surely means no FCW for him. They don't announce FCW signings, do they?

Holy shit, is that real, Sam? His mask hasn't got any holes!

NEWZ sites report that WWE wants to make him a star considering how much they spent to get him(Alot). How is this going to work though? HE CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH! Will they give him a manager or something?

Armando Estrada? How exactly is this guy's ringwork meant to get him over as a heel? Especially during his initial run.

I was hoping he'd be Rey Mysterio Jr. Jr.

He probably won't last though. Can't speak English, too exciting to be a heel. He's on a one way ticket to Yoshi Tatsu City.

That being said, he's pretty well travelled, having fought the world over - Japan, China, Mexico, Iraq. Here he is wrestling Saddam Hussein shortly after Hussein was caught in that hole:

Hector-Garza-vs-Mistico.jpg

Armando Estrada? How exactly is this guy's ringwork meant to get him over as a heel? Especially during his initial run.

He got Umaga over like hell as his manager, I assume he would do the same for Sin Caras but then again they could use Raquel Diaz.

NEWZ sites report that WWE wants to make him a star considering how much they spent to get him(Alot). How is this going to work though? HE CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH! Will they give him a manager or something?

Vickie Guerrero? :lol:

Imagine if they did that? I would seriously laugh.

From what I know there is a regulation in foreign wrestlers contracts that permits them to learn English within 7 months. I'm sure he'll get there, until then I wouldn't be surprised if they paired him up with another Mexican who can speak English. Ricardo Rodriguez maybe? Form an alliance with Alberto Del Rio.

I don't know. Great signing nonetheless from WWE. They're seriously pulling shit out their ass lately.

Do you mean pulling their shit together?

No, I mean literally finding things from all sides and giving it to us. They brought back guys for the Rumble, brought back The Rock to RAW, Christian looks set to main event Wrestlemania and after like three years of speculation Mistico has finally signed with the WWE.

Also, I read the articles...

Sin Cara is set to have a huge impact on WWE over the coming weeks...

Looks like he might be debuting sooner rather than later.

Vickie Guerrero? :lol:

Imagine if they did that? I would seriously laugh.

Why? If anyone Vickie would get Mistico over fast.

Ricardo Rodriguez maybe? Form an alliance with Alberto Del Rio.

No. Alberto Del Rio is unhappy that Mistico is signed as he's afriad that Mistico may become a bigger star than him considering he draws more.

I don't know. Great signing nonetheless from WWE. They're seriously pulling shit out their ass lately.

No theis has been in the works for years.

I don't see this guy having any heel manager or mouth piece because I don't see him being a heel at all. If anything he's the future mask-merch seller after Rey hangs up his boots. Mistico is certainly not going to be a heel in his WWE career. Even if he can't speak english he can still get over due to the fact that he has a mask and because of his in ring work. The latter ability has gotten many folks over (see Benoit, Chris).

Why? If anyone Vickie would get Mistico over fast.

Because giving Vickie Guerrero a guy who can't speak English to manage would be funny. You're from Roscomman, I know you guys haven't got the sharpest wit but now I hope you get it.

No. Alberto Del Rio is unhappy that Mistico is signed as he's afriad that Mistico may become a bigger star than him considering he draws more.

Did you talk to Del Rio about this personally? If you haven't I got to question your source. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but even if it was. Del Rio doesn't book the shows, or make the storylines. Hence what a writer and booker are for.

No this has been in the works for years.

And everytime its was always blocked by either a breakdown in communication or because CMLL weren't willing to give him up. Its nice to see that WWE are able to do these things all around the same, is what I was implying.

You going to stop trying to act like a big man now? Cause it ain't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back