Misconceptions, Truths and Myths

BTLion1990

Pre-Show Stalwart
Straight to the point. There are many myths, truths and misconceptions when concerned with the topic of pro-wrestling. I was wondering if people could give their opinions and possible evidence to many topics that have been left unclear and still distorted to this day.

A few topics that spring to mind are:-
The truth about WrestleMania 14. Shawn back in the day of being an illustrious asshole, didn't feel it necessary or good for him to ''job'' to Stone Cold at WrestleMania 14, and seeing as how he was soon to retire, with only months passing from the infamous Montreal ScrewJob, there could be legit concerns that Michaels would pull a fast one.

APPARENTLY; The Undertaker warned Shawn that if he attempted anything he would be waiting for him backstage. Shawn has dismissed this, whereas The Undertaker has confirmed it to a degree.

Why The Rock and HBK didn't happen
I read this a while back, but The Rock when coming into the business was still finding his feet and was due for an Intercontinental title push. However, HBK wanted HHH to get the push and subsequently it happened. However, years later when The Rock became the star that he was, HBK wanted a program with him. The Rock dismissed it though, seeing as how HBK was a politics man and was rude to him back in his younger years.

Does anybody know if there was any truth to this?

Montreal Screwjob I read in another forum that Hart didn't want to drop the belt due to it being Canada, another claiming he didn't want to drop it to HBK and would anyone else. Vince offered more money, and some say he offered less money.

Does anybody know the facts to this?

What other misconceptions, truths and myths have you heard? And can you put any evidence to it.

Montreal Screwjob I read in another forum that Hart didn't want to drop the belt due to it being Canada, another claiming he didn't want to drop it to HBK and would anyone else. Vince offered more money, and some say he offered less money.

Does anybody know the facts to this?

What other misconceptions, truths and myths have you heard? And can you put any evidence to it.

The Montreal Screwjob has been told from many many perspectives. It's hard to know the real truth behind it, in all reality.

Vince McMahon has always said that Bret screwed Bret. He was the one choosing to leave the company, and he was the one that refused to drop the title to HBK as he was told to do; when you cross the boss, you cross the line.

It's been said the Bret Hard would drop the title to Stone Cold Steve Austin if necessary, however refused to do it with HBK. Up until about a year and a half ago, Bret Hart would always speak about HBK, in a terrible manner. They hated each other inside, and outside the ring throughout their run in the WWE.

Both parties have their reasons, both parties made their mistakes, and both parties have accepted that and have moved on. The details are murky in my opinion, because there's so many stories on it; you just have to research it out yourself and draw your own conclusions.

Here's some decent footage that gives a little insight on the entire ScrewJob scenario from both parties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back