• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mickie v. Madison: TNA's Bread & Butter?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
This past Thursday, Mickie and Madison did it again for what I'm counting to be the 10th time, give or take a few. Only this time, the two knockouts came face to face inside the confines of a steel cage match. And just like every encounter with those two, I nodded my head in approval because of how great of a match they put on. Madison and Mickie have had some of the greatest matches together and the more I see those matches, the more I have respect for those two.

And that brings me to my question. When it comes down to it, are Mickie vs. Madison TNA's bread & butter of the knockouts division?

Not just in terms of drawing ratings, although if given their own M.E. slot they probably could, but also in terms of being great entertaining matches.

Good to hear some positive feedback for these ladies.

They did such a fine job. Madison has done incredible if you look at where she come from. I remember her debut as the fresh-faced blonde with no personality.

If she could just cut down on the screeching SLIGHTLY, even better. Yes, yes, heel etc, I know, but there's a line.

It was a great match, so well worked, well paced. By why wasn't a cage match on PPV? Why should we care about Lockdown?

Also, the cage was barely used whatsoever (although the bumps Madison took in to the cage were brutal - actually scraped down the fencing), so it almost didn't feel entirely necessary.

i think the matches between them are great Thursday was no exception.

ECW Dan, yes maybe the cage wasn't used that mutch but the match was put in a cage match not because of normal reasons. Madison kept sticking her nose in the K.O title matches then running away. the cage was put into the match to keep Madison in with Mickie and keep Gail Kim out.

It makes sense, but as a fan from 1994, i've grown to expect that the cage should be used as a weapon in some shape or form.

It wasn't a big criticism, if anything, it probably needs to happen more (at least if you're looking to do semi-regular cage matches on TV shows, which, they do now). But it's just a case of it drip-dripping over time and letting that settle in.

This is what sets the Knockouts so far ahead of the Diva's. It is nice to see that TNA recognizes and uses the talents of the women instead of just using them for eye candy.

That being said, I do wish though that we would see the other Knockouts utilized week in and week out. I would marry Mickie James if I could but I also would like to see some of the other Knockouts wrestle more often as well...

And on a side note, what is with the ODB, Eric Young, Angelina Love, and Winter angle? What happend to the whole policy of the men not putting their hands on the women wrestlers?

I just love seeing women being allowed to wrestle. Mickie and Madison are proof that you can be great looking and still wrestle.I hipe they are not turning Madison face, she makes a great heel.

Mickie and Madison have stepped up, and I would agree to the "bread and butter" statement, but only since Gail Kim and Awesome Kong left the company. Now that Gail is back she's been fairly impressive, and I think the division as a whole has improved. Don't discount Tara either - she's not used as prevalently as the others, but she's still consistently a solid worker.

Honestly, Mickie, Tara, Madison, and Gail are enough to build a solid division around. Kind of like TNA's version of Trish, Lita, Molly, and Victoria back in the day. Maybe not THAT good, but they do put on some of the best women's wrestling I've seen in quite some time. Velvet has come into her own in recent months as well. The others I haven't paid too much attention to. I know I can't stand Angelina Love, but I think it's just her face to be honest (I know, that's pretty mean, but I don't find her attractive at all). Winter has...cool theme music?

yes i would agree mickie and madison are the bread and butter of tna.madison needs a change as the screeching doesnt work but in ring skills are great.gail an wrestle too but same as madison needs a face turn.anyways yes mickie and madison are the best k.o on the show with them two there it shows tna actually care about the k.o division unlike wwe who dont care about the divas division

yes i would agree mickie and madison are the bread and butter of tna.madison needs a change as the screeching doesnt work but in ring skills are great.gail an wrestle too but same as madison needs a face turn.anyways yes mickie and madison are the best k.o on the show with them two there it shows tna actually care about the k.o division unlike wwe who dont care about the divas division

Um no, Madison is the best heel they have. They've killed off anything Angelina Love had either as a heel or a face and Winter is in limbo too. Who else do they have to lead the KO's as a heel? and who could swap to heel to replace Madison? ODB lol.

couldn't care less about Gail she's good in ring but that's it, she has the personality of a dead fish.

People bitch about WWE's diva's division being crap (which it is), TNA has great female "wrestlers" but it's completely one sided and there's only a handfull, kinda like the X Divisions 6 people continously fighting each other for years on end.

Will agree though, matchwise Madison vs Mickie James are the best matches TNA puts on for the most part. and for me atleast, the KO's segments are actually more engaging then the men. well they were til they did the whole Karen Jarrett taking over as VIP of the knockouts and turned it into a screaming tit fest with no point.

People bitch about WWE's diva's division being crap (which it is), TNA has great female "wrestlers" but it's completely one sided and there's only a handfull, kinda like the X Divisions 6 people continously fighting each other for years on end.
The X-Division has not been the same for years on end. I don't think it's necessarily been that good for the last few years, but there has been a flow of guys coming in and out of the division, and ultimate the company. I'm not going to dwell too much on that because this thread has nothing to do with the XD...

How is the TNA women's division "one-sided"? They have several heels, and several faces. There's two sides. Maybe it was just poor word choice on your part. I would argue that the Knockouts are way more diverse than the Divas right now. You speak the truth about them only having a handful of talents that swap places, but has there ever really been more than 5 or 6 women in ANY company (outside of SHIMMER, duh) that are relevant? I would rather watch the rivalry between Gail Kim/Madison Rayne vs. Mickie James/Velvet Sky/Tara, even though it does get repetitive, than the ongoing Divas of Doom crap in the WWE. I'm glad they finally got away from Kelly Kelly and Eve every single week, but was it a whole lot better to have Tamina take their place? Doubt it...

Um no, Madison is the best heel they have. They've killed off anything Angelina Love had either as a heel or a face and Winter is in limbo too. Who else do they have to lead the KO's as a heel? and who could swap to heel to replace Madison? ODB lol.

I said earlier I want Madison to stay heel because she is a much better heel than a face. However, if you want a one-on-one switch I would say Velvet. She never got her rematch. She gets frustratated and joins Eric B and wins the title as a heel. Just a thought

No disrespect to Madison or anything because she's is by far the best performer in the knockout division but she was just a place holder until we get to the next knockout title shot for mickie james.

My problem with the knockouts divisions for the last year and a half is that it's been all about Mickie James. Not that i don'T like Mickie James as a wrestler because i do but it's getting boring to see her in the title picture all the time. Just look at how Mickie was booked in 2011, She ended her program with Tara that led to a title program with Madison that lasted way too long, then got the belt for a few month before lose it to winter then won it again just to lose it again to winter, then got booked in the fatal four way at bound for glory before taking a month off the spotlight then being book like supergirl in the gautlet match and started a feud with Gail Kim. Now she'S still in a feud with Gail Kim over the title and the madison mini feud was just to set up yet another title match with Gail.

I really would love for TNA to just take mickie out of the title picture for a while. I'm not seeing having her off t.v, just out of the title picture, maybe have a side feud with Tara or Sarita ormaybe win the tag title with Velvet and get booked in programs agains other knockout tag teams and let other knockouts a chance to have the spotlight shine on them by having them in the title picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back