Mickey Rourke's WWE Return....Do You Want To See It?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
From WRESTLEZONE HOME PAGE: The UK Sun has an article up noting that former Wrestlemania star and Oscar nominated actor Mickey Rourke wants to make a return to WWE at some point. Rourke's biographer, Sandro Monetti, said the following concerning the actor potentially returning to WWE: "Mickey has great respect for WWE owner Vince McMahon and says he is the man who turned wrestling from a sport for fat guys in speedos to a contest for superfit athletes.

"He wants to help the wrestling community all he can having fallen in love with the sport over the course of that amazing movie."

The article notes that despite not being able to get into the ring at last year's Wrestlemania because a clause in his film contract prohibited him from wrestling, Rourke claims that he wants to have a "proper match in the WWE one day."
So Rourke wants to return to WWE. His invlovement in the Jericho/Hall Of Famers match was okay, but it really wasn't a great moment seeing him knockout Jericho. It just didn't have a memorable feel to it. Now as far as Rourke actually wrestling a match, I can't see him taking a bump or doing anything too physical. He's 57, and that's not the age you want to be stepping in the ring at, so you can have a "proper" match. I liked The Wrestler, it was a very good film, but hasn't it's mystique gone away? Do you want to see Mickey Rourke wrestle a match? Will his possible WWE return be a big deal? Thoughts?​

If anything i see him guest hosting RAW.I too loved The Wrestler and thought he did very well in it.I could see him hosting one week of RAW then Jericho comes out and challenges him that night.As far as Rourke wrestling at Wrestlemania i never see that happening.

I kinda think he deserves to get at least 1 good wrestling match. Because he brought so much attention back to wrestling, if only for a short period of time. He's a pretty cool guy, he's a great actor, he can do wrestling moves, I don't see any reason not to let him have a good wrestling moment.

If they can have all these random people as raw guest hosts, they can have somebody who's good on the mike and can wrestle.

YESS THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE WWE NEEDS RIGHT NOW!!!
FORGET CENA HOGAN OR AUSTIN!!
MICKEY ROURKE IS THE FUTURE OF THE WWE!

lol nahh it would be entertaining i enjoyed rourke at mania
it would be cool to see him again

I would Love to see Mickey Roure to make a wwe return. Hopefully he can work some type of comedy program with santino and hornswoggle and they all feud with cody rhodes or somebody.

Does mickey realize what he's saying here?? What happened to his potential oscar award in the future??? i dont get it..f*ck the clause his people didnt want mickey to ruin his career because the mainstream see's wrestling as a joke...period..disagree with me all u want people..For the first time in his life after a long time people accepted him back in..now he's in a postition to win an oscar..after the wrestler he did Informers, Expendables, Iron man2 and a bunch of others..MY POINT is why would u f*ck up your chances for an oscar when the oscars dont give a f*ck about wrestling..

Youre just ruining your own career mickey by doin this..i have to give him credit..he seems to be a TRUE wrestling fan..cause as much as i love wrestling even i wouldnt do what he's thinkin about doing..he won every major award for his role in the wrestler accept the academy award...and now hes SOOOO close..your outside life MATTERS if u wanna win one of those things and ask Sean Penn just that.. and yes folks it IS ALL ABOUT an oscar..the man just doesnt seem to care..oh well..i guess its his decision and i dont agree with it..mainstream doesnt like us and thats just the truth..why mess up your chances of winning something so prestigious, for f*cken wrestling??

Does mickey realize what he's saying here?? What happened to his potential oscar award in the future??? i dont get it..f*ck the clause his people didnt want mickey to ruin his career because the mainstream see's wrestling as a joke...period..disagree with me all u want people..For the first time in his life after a long time people accepted him back in..now he's in a postition to win an oscar..after the wrestler he did Informers, Expendables, Iron man2 and a bunch of others..MY POINT is why would u f*ck up your chances for an oscar when the oscars dont give a f*ck about wrestling..

Youre just ruining your own career mickey by doin this..i have to give him credit..he seems to be a TRUE wrestling fan..cause as much as i love wrestling even i wouldnt do what he's thinkin about doing..he won every major award for his role in the wrestler accept the academy award...and now hes SOOOO close..your outside life MATTERS if u wanna win one of those things and ask Sean Penn just that.. and yes folks it IS ALL ABOUT an oscar..the man just doesnt seem to care..oh well..i guess its his decision and i dont agree with it..mainstream doesnt like us and thats just the truth..why mess up your chances of winning something so prestigious, for f*cken wrestling??

So? If Mickey wants to do this, then more power to him. If anything, this only shows how big a wrestling fan he is if he's willing to risk an Oscar win just to do this, and I've got a lot of respect for that.

If done right, this could be one of the better celebrity involvements in wrestling. He's an actor who's already been trained to wrestle, it's perfect. He'll probably guest host Raw and book himself into a match (likely against Jericho). I'm very interested to see if he can go in the ring. Hopefully it won't take as long for him to actually get in it this time.

So? If Mickey wants to do this, then more power to him. If anything, this only shows how big a wrestling fan he is if he's willing to risk an Oscar win just to do this, and I've got a lot of respect for that.

If done right, this could be one of the better celebrity involvements in wrestling. He's an actor who's already been trained to wrestle, it's perfect. He'll probably guest host Raw and book himself into a match (likely against Jericho). I'm very interested to see if he can go in the ring. Hopefully it won't take as long for him to actually get in it this time.

i agree 100% and im just shocked he's considering this...would i like to see him host RAW etc..ofcourse...WOULD i do it myself and cost an academy award..no chance..i just dont get..

im not supposed too...why care about the redneck fans of wrestling when u have the respect of the rest of the world for winning something SO highly reguarded? why? i..just..dont..get it.. i mean it bothers me lol.. mickey why would u do this? why would u want to mickey??

hey sean valjean...suppose a bird whispered in your ear and said "stay the f*ck out of wrestling and your chances at an oscar just SKY ROCKETS more than u ever know within your next 4 films..AND nominations for oscars...AND youre again GUARANTEED win atleast 2 golden globe and globe nominations within those 4 films....all u have to do is stay out of wrestling and the world is yours"

Or u can go to wrestling at wrestlemania and get the respect from a bunch of rasslin' fans...what would u do?

Honestly, I would take the fans of wrestling over hollywood's opinion any day. Hollywood's full of a bunch of stuck up people that think they're aristocrats and they try to force everyone to have the same opinion as them. They constantly denigrate people who are different from them, but if anyone calls them out on it, they call those people bigots.

Wrestling fans on the other hand, are hard working down to earth people who truly appreciate everything the wrestlers do for them. Hollywood will use you up until there's nothing left to use and then flush you down the toilet. Wrestling fans, on the other hand, will love you until the day you die just because you did some crazy stuff at a PPV.

If you can get wrestling fans behind you, they're loyal for life. Wrestling fans are full of passion and soul. Hollywood is the exact opposite.

Heck, if could you take the passion people have for wrestling and put it into other things, there's no telling what you could accomplish.

Just my opinion :thumbsup:

hey sean valjean...suppose a bird whispered in your ear and said "stay the f*ck out of wrestling and your chances at an oscar just SKY ROCKETS more than u ever know within your next 4 films..AND nominations for oscars...AND youre again GUARANTEED win atleast 2 golden globe and globe nominations within those 4 films....all u have to do is stay out of wrestling and the world is yours"

Or u can go to wrestling at wrestlemania and get the respect from a bunch of rasslin' fans...what would u do?

Well, If it was my mind in Mickey Rourke's body, I'd take the wrestling route. I'm already rich and famous, and I'm more passionate about wrestling than acting anyway. I've never been particularly interested in attending the Academy Awards, but I've always wanted to go to a Wrestlemania.

Besides, getting in the ring with guys I idolized and getting cheered (or booed) by millions sounds way more fun than giving some boring speech at a generally boring show. Sure, I might not win the big one, there will be other films, and again, I'm already rich anyway. Why not have a little fun?

I understand what goblin is trying to say. Mickey might not have too many chances left at winning an Oscar, and let's face it the mainstream will always look down on pro wrestling. They think it's a joke. Rourke has already had a thrill-ride as far his life and acting career goes. So maybe getting in the ring wouldn't be such a bad thing if he wants to have another memorable moment in his life. Like I said earlier, he's 57. I don't think he will be having a physical match by any means, but something quick and not too rough might be just right for him. I think Mickey understands that if he goes through with this, it will jeopardize his chances at winning an Oscar.

I don't think Rourke should worry too much about Oscars. He's got a Golden Globe, and to me that's just as good.

I would love to see Rourke do something again in a WWE ring. It doesn't necessarily have to be at Wrestlemania but maybe be a guest host on RAW. He can have his proper match against Jericho then.

he broke his hand punching Jericho at Wreslemania 25, so no. I don't care for him to make his return to WWE. The WWE needs people who aren't so injury prone and can lift his own weight just in his upper body. He doesn't seem nearly as strong as he would have to be in the WWE. I am afraid he would be wasting his time. Too bad that there is no cruiserweight divison...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back