• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Micheal Cole, Everything Happens For a Reason

Maddog Lionheart

Best Sig In The World......
So after the whole Lawler/Cole feud, I think that Micheal Cole has become a better broadcaster. He has his own opinion and he makes it interesting listening to commentary. I like it because he's not a TOTAL kiss ass to certain stars anymore.

Let me feel what you feel........

I totally agree. Michael Cole is very entertaining to watch, especially when he rips on the faces like Daniel Bryan. It's hilarious to listen to him whine when the face wins with the roll up, or when a face costs a heel the match. I love that he is still a heel commentator, and I love that he doesn't suck up to the Miz anymore. It was kind of getting annoying to listen to "YES! YES! YES!" whenever the Miz would get a cheap win over his opponent.
I LOVE the Smackdown broadcast team, mainly because of the relationship between Cole and Booker T. There instant bickering keeps me entertained throughout the show.

So yes, thank God the Lawler/Cole feud is done, because Cole can now go back to his REAL job, being a commentator.

I wish they would just get rid of King and let Cole, Josh, and Booker do the commentary because it is so amazing that way.

I love Cole and the past two years he grabbed me more than he has in the past. I don't know what it was/is that did it but I am glad I was praising him before everyone else was.

He's being molded into the next "Mr. McMahon" watch. In 10 years Cole will be the new on screen owner.

I completely agree i also love how he takes the piss out of D Bryan, calling him a nerd and what not when he's a nerd himself ! Do not miss Cole licking The Miz's arse.

But i still think its stupid how Cole not so long ago disrespects Lawler + his mum and gets in a feud with him and now they've forgotten all about whats gone on.

BTW they should bring the cole mine back !

I agree that Cole has become less boring to listen to, but if anything, he is even more annoying. I know that's what they are going for, but I don't think it works with Cole as play by play man. It's Cole's duty to call matches and, in a way, present the show from the announce table. Instead he endlessly bitches about Cena and Riley and Kelly Kelly and so on. The problem is, with Cole as play by play man, we constantly here his voice during the show. His voice is the one we here most throughout the two hours that RAW is on and the majority of it is spend hating on the face superstars/divas. It's just too much sometimes. He either needs to tone it down or switch to colour analyst. I don't think Cole is a terrible announcer, he's just painful to listen to more often than not.

I think he's a little over the top with certain guys, to the point where he's just really annoying. Bobby Heenan or Jesse Ventura could harp on someone and be heelish and still entertaining, but Cole is just irritating when he is too heelish. I agree that he has become better in those matches where he doesn't have a clear favorite or foe.

I LOVE the Smackdown broadcast team, mainly because of the relationship between Cole and Booker T. There instant bickering keeps me entertained throughout the show.

(In Booker T voice) TELL ME, YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT! :wtf:

In my opinion, its the most painful thing in the world to hear, Booker is new at the job and Cole is constantly highlighting every single mistake he makes. Theres no way that Booker will improve or get over with the fans if Michael Cole keeps making him look an idiot.

He is actually pretty horrible. Just listen to the match where he kept saying Kelly Kelly was a former diva's champion and was looking to win the belt back from Brie Bella. WTF was he on about. He looked even worse when King got in the ring and held an interview with her and she was going on about how happy she was to win her first championship ever.

Before everybody comes in with the defense that the diva's division is shit that's why he didn't care blah blah blah. If he was really great and on top of his game he wouldn't make up complete utter shit on the air and know his history and facts. He's only been with the WWE for 15 years or so. He should know what he's talking about , obviously he doesn't. I don't need to pull out other examples non diva related.

They gave Cole the reigns to be the heel he wants and to genuinely state his feeling on competitors. I think everything he's said has truth to it and he knew it would get a rise out of people. Funny commentator, but not good in the traditional standards.

As another poster said, I think Josh, Booker and Cole work well together. All three keep the chemistry going and make fun of each other and play off of each other very well.

Sadly, I've noticed that Jerry Lawler has simply lost some of his touch. At the end of the day, those three should be the constant team for the commentating.

I haven't had a problem with the guy since even BEFORE the Lawler feud ended. I think that he's been the lead guy and the heel at the booth. It's been refreshing to me for some time. But, he's toned it down and the whole team seems to be clicking. What WWE has been looking for his J.R. was replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back