• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Shannon is General Zod!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/10/superman-michael-shannon-zod/

micheal-shannon_320.jpg

EW.com article said:
The Man of Steel now has an enemy: Warner Bros. announced Sunday that they’ve locked in the Oscar-nominated Michael Shannon to play General Zod opposite Henry Cavill’s Superman in the reboot. Director Zack Snyder said in a release from the studio: “Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role.” Shannon joins an already Oscar-friendly cast that includes Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Martha and Jonathan Kent, and Amy Adams as Lois Lane.

MarkingTFO! is in full swing. For me, at least.

Then again, there's that whole issue of Zack Snyder being in charge :disappointed:

Michael Shannon might do something creepy and villainous. Way to show he's not a type.

Awesome. Shannon is an awesome, awesome actor. He was incredible in Bug.

No Viggo mortensen means I'm a sad panda. Really hoping Viggo would have ended up with the role.

I also hate the fact that we have another Luthor/Zod thing going on. At sometime WB might want to realize there are more then two villains in the superman rogues gallery.

The cast looks strong and I'm getting my hopes. The unfortunate thing is zack Snyder is still directing.

I also hate the fact that we have another Luthor/Zod thing going on. At sometime WB might want to realize there are more then two villains in the superman rogues gallery.

This is sooo fucking true, Brainiac, Doomsday, Bizarro, Bloodsport, or Darkseid would all be a nice change of pace, hell at this point I'd take Toy Man

The cast looks strong and I'm getting my hopes. The unfortunate thing is zack Snyder is still directing.

I have faith that Christopher Nolan will be able to keep him in check, and even if the movie sucks at least with Snyder directing it should be visually nice to look like if nothing else

I'm quite liking the casting choice for the Kents.

I'm quite liking the casting choice for the Kents.

Yeah, Kevin Costner works really well, I think. The casting has been solid so far, that's not at all what I'm worried about. I'm most worried about Snyder making sure this film has a certain "look," and not caring much about the story. I hope Nolan being on board takes care of that.

Yeah, Kevin Costner works really well, I think. The casting has been solid so far, that's not at all what I'm worried about. I'm most worried about Snyder making sure this film has a certain "look," and not caring much about the story. I hope Nolan being on board takes care of that.

[YOUTUBE]IA6w5zWZ2WY[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back