Michael Moore

Discussion in 'The Bar Room Archives' started by Moon Knight, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Moon Knight

Moon Knight Original Prince of Darkness

There is a hate thread for some dude liberals hate, so why not be fair and have one conservatives hate? I don't hate him, sure somebody here does...And if all fails just make fun of him for being fat.

2. Furyof5

Furyof5 Pre-Show Stalwart

Good, lets be "Fair and Balanced" here at Wrestlezone :D

3. DirtyJosé

DirtyJosé Best angle of all: retirement

He's no Fatt Hardy.

4. JenksIX

JenksIX Pre-Show Stalwart

Michael Moore is a king among kings.

5. Pepe Silvia

Pepe Silvia Occasional Pre-Show

6. Furyof5

Furyof5 Pre-Show Stalwart

7. Remy LaCroix

Remy LaCroix Lou Thesz' Favorite Son

It'll be difficult with Moore on the scale.

8. Via Armbar

Via Armbar Has a pretty good dick.

Michael Moore is a fucking joke. He shows an extreme bias and then proceeds to call himself a documentarian. I cannot fucking stand Michael Moore.

9. Pepe Silvia

Pepe Silvia Occasional Pre-Show

10. SpoodBeest

SpoodBeest City Dweller, Successful Fella

Meh everything except for "Bowling for Columbine" sucked

11. Daniel

Daniel Of Ace Stevens fame.

Documentaries don't have to be unbiased, do they? Pretty much every documentarian takes some sort of side.

I've only seen Capitalism: A Love Story and I really liked it.

12. Via Armbar

Of course but the way he does it is different. He doesn't set out to really examine situations and facts, he completely distorts them and straight up lies a lot of the time about what is filmed to better portray his side of things and positions.

13. Daniel

Daniel Of Ace Stevens fame.

Oh fair enough, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I've only seen one so can't really comment to much.

14. Via Armbar

Before you ever watch any Michael Moore ''documentaries'' I suggest you watch Manufacturing Dissent first. It basically uncovers all of the bullshit he has pulled voer the years and lies he has told about how things went down.

15. Hazardous

Hazardous parental discretion advised

Bowling for Columbine is my favorite of all of them. After that they got way too political.

Canadian Bacon was good too though.

16. Via Armbar

Bowling for Columbine is the one where he got a gun from a bank no? In Manufacturing Dissent they show what really went down in that scene. It did NOT happen the way Moore tried to make it look. He actually went through a long process and was given the gun WEEKS after he initially went into the bank.

17. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Manufacturing Dissent is a terrible smear-job of a film, and I don't even like Michael Moore. That film is just as bad as any Moore hackjob.

Bowling For Columbine remains an incredible film though, no one can deny that. Haven't seen Fahrenheit 9/11 in years, and I've never gotten around to seeing Sicko or Capitalism: A Love Story, but I've heard good things. Columbine was one of the best films of the last decade though in my eyes.

I could care less if Moore bullshits sometimes honestly, his main message is usually 100% correct.

18. Hazardous

Hazardous parental discretion advised

Oh no of course not, and I don't even mean just particular scenes either, I just mean more of the fact that someone covered that story to show a bit of what went on. Where I live I only herd about half the story, but after watching that movie, I saw a lot more of it that I didn't know before, and that's what I like to take from a documentary. Knowledge. Of course not all of it was accurate, there's no such thing as 100% accuracy in movies. I'm sure years down the road someone will do one to show how Manufacturing Dissent did the same thing. All film makers are bias. It's the perks that come with the job

19. Via Armbar

Smear-job, yeah. Does that mean it isn't credible? No. They haven't distorted facts and reality to accomplish what they set out to do, something Moore hasn't done.

The fact that many of the scenes didn't actually happen as it was made to seem makes it credible? I'm not saying that the messages are wrong, just that people lose credibility when they go about things in a deceitful way.

It isn't even bullshitting, it's straight up lying. Usually it wouldn't be a problem if the man didn't have a strong cult following and people took what he said to heart and firmly believed it. I don't disagree with most of his messages, I actually agree with a lot of them. I'm just not bias enough to say that it's okay for him to do something but then condemn others when they do the same.