Michael Jackson vs The Beatles

I'll have to go with The Beatles, but really how can you compare Michael Jackson and The Beatles?

Arguably the greatest pop singer of all time and the greatest rock band of all time, but they're really not all that similar, unless you count Jackson owning the rights to the Lennon/McCartney collection (did he end up selling those while he was on trial last time?).

If you do want to compare them, though, take a look at just their singles. MJ had 18 number one singles and The Beatles had 27. Jackson's number ones were recorded between 1978 and 2003, The Beatles' number ones were recorded between 1962 and 1970. 25 years vs eight years, who had the bigger influence?

The Beatles were better, for one simple reason. They kept creating great songs their entire run as a band. You have their legendary run as a band from 1960 to 1970, followed by their respective solo careers. Even if you disregard their solo careers, you still have ten years worth of excellent music, the band's whole run was filled with great albums and singles.

That cannot be said for Michael. He was active as a solo musical artist from 1972 to 2009 and his work was good for less than half of that time. Thriller and Bad were both brilliant albums, but the rest of his releases were really not that great. So when you compare a great string of material for a decade with The Beatles to two great albums by Jackson out of over two decades worth of work? It's an easy call here. The Beatles are superior to Michael Jackson.

Depends on the type of match, there were four Beatles and only one Michael but he was quick. In a TLC or Elimination Chamber Michael should be able to win with his remarkable moveset. Michael would also fair well in a strap match thanks to his past experience facing his father Joe. But any type of straight up four on one match Michael doesn't have a chance.

Michael clearly loses an Inferno Match.

If you're talking about strictly music the Beatles have a stronger collection and mean more to music but if I personally couldn't listen to one of the two I would keep Michael's music in a heartbeat.

The Beatles were better. Micheal Jackson didn't have the cultural influence that the Beatles had.
As far as I know - and I could be wrong about this who knows but the Beatles never got accused of being paedophiles and they definitely didn't have substantial evidence against them to prove it. Michael Jackson did.
Its like comparing the four horseman to Chris Benoit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back