• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Cole Thoughts..

BWEEZY2009

Pre-Show Stalwart
This thread is not about trolling on his commentary because we've seen that plenty of times on these threads... but watching EXR tonight I got confused tonight with his commentary.

On WWE NXT (don't know how many of you watch) but Cole plays a heel commentator and often trashes Bryan Danielson (the most) and the other rookies as much as he can. Where Josh Mathews plays the face commentator and tries to give the Rookies the benefit of the doubt as much as possible. Than if you watch RAW or the PPV's Michael Cole plays a face commentator (for example... him in King talking how CM Punk leads a cult and rooting for Rey where Striker is playing the heel commentator and loving him some SES)

I know a lot of people probably don't care or realize this is going on.. but has anybody else noticed this.. and I know a lot of you probably don't care which one he is.. but which of the two do you enjoy more? Me personally I think you turn King back heel to where he's rooting for the heels during the match and making excuses for them like back in the old days where he did and JR would be the one playing Devils Advocate with him.

Sometimes if the commentary is great it can turn a bad match into a decent match like in the past if you remember some of the dog crap awful matches at least you had Bobby Heenan or Jesse Ventura doing amazing heel like commentary and Gorilla Vince, or JR doing the play by play and arguing with their partner.

You can't tell me you don't miss Bobby Heenan picking 15 winners through out the Royal Rumble and often picking the number 30 guy when he came out.

Personally, I really, really miss Paul Heyman on commentary. Him and JR were absolute fucking gold. But yeah, it bothers me that I'm supposed to agree with Cole on one show and then hate him on the next. He's a pretty good heel commentator too imo, irritates the shit out of me.

Personally, I really, really miss Paul Heyman on commentary. Him and JR were absolute fucking gold. But yeah, it bothers me that I'm supposed to agree with Cole on one show and then hate him on the next. He's a pretty good heel commentator too imo, irritates the shit out of me.

JR and Heyman were one of the purest love/hate commentator teams ever. They were absolutely awesome together and fit the Invasion angle perfectly.

Michael Cole as a heel is good. I reckon they should keep him heel. Nobody likes him anyway, so why should he give a damn what the fans like? That method has worked for some of the most entertaining people in WWE history. (See Vince McMahon, Rocky Maivia etc).

I don't like Cole's commentary, but having a little annoying man be even more annoying by condoning the actions of rather annoying wrestlers is a perfect fit. I just hate hearing his "Oh no! This is sick! Somebody Stop This!" good guy bullcrap. It sounds so fake either way you put it, and all villains seem to work best when they seem sarcastic and fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back