• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Cole & Jim Ross

Kermit

the Frog
With the tag match ending the way it did at Extreme Rules, I'm anticipating that this feud will carry over into the next PPV. An article recently posted on the main page said that creative was focusing on Cole and Ross as the centerpiece of the feud since they felt like Cole and Lawler hit their peak at Wrestlemania.

I'm very interested too see how this will all play out and the final resolution they come too. Will we receive Jim Ross back on commentary as a permanent when Cole is finally beat down? Or will Jim Ross fail, and we see the torch pass to another guy who tries to take down Cole's massive ego? It's possible that they might even keep Cole's PPV win streak alive all the way to WM28.

What do you guys think about this? Thoughts? Comments?

the wrestlers have so little talent, they have to push cole on us.
time for Vince to leave.

I think that a wrestler needs to get a push from this. They invested too much time and effort to not get a payoff. I think a guy like Swagger could easily get the fans behind him for turning on Cole.

If not a guy like Miz, Morrison, or McIntyre can get a rub by stepping up and helping King and JR beat Cole.

With all that being said, this is extremely stale, and the payoff needs to come soon.

You're right guys this is enough; even Ross said a few years back( I'm paraphrasing) that things like this has its place but it can backfire if it's done too much. This is waaaay too much. Give this slot to the boys in the back that need a push.

I was hoping the feud would end at wrestlemania but it seems that it is carrying over to Over the Limit. If the feud ends with Jim Ross though, i would be ok and if michael cole eventually goes back to the announcer he was before NXT then i will have no bad feeling about this feud.

I think that this fued has gone on long enough. If this doesn't end at Over the Limit then it will just have run on way too long and people will no longer be interested or invested in this fued. I for one am sick and tired of Michael Cole talking over all the other announcers, basically failing at his job as a commentator by never properly calling a match and his constant interuption of the divas' matches. I hope that they either make him a manager for a heel superstar or they just put him on smackdown only so I only have to suffer once a week.

I think you guys are right in the fact that a wrestler needs to get a good rub from this angle. I would personally like to see Miz and Cole confront each other with Michael Cole believing that he is a bigger star than the Miz now because he has never lost a match. Cole would say that he use to be a fan of the Miz, but the Miz is a loser now and no longer looks to him for inspiration. I think this could be easily done and we could see Miz turn on Cole and have some kind of ending feud at Over the Limit.

I simply can't understand what outcome they are looking for with this entire segment. They succeeded in making us hate Cole, now what? If they don't plan on putting someone over with this, they should pull the plug on it. It's already gone on long enough with no foreseeable end to it. As some have mentioned, have Swagger turn on Cole to become an instant face. Or have someone step up to defend JR and King against this parasite. If they don't want an outcome like that, Cole needs to step down from commentary and take a manger role, like Vicky.

At least that way his segments will be once a night and not a constant irritation throughout the show.

With the tag match ending the way it did at Extreme Rules, I'm anticipating that this feud will carry over into the next PPV. An article recently posted on the main page said that creative was focusing on Cole and Ross as the centerpiece of the feud since they felt like Cole and Lawler hit their peak at Wrestlemania.

I'm very interested too see how this will all play out and the final resolution they come too. Will we receive Jim Ross back on commentary as a permanent when Cole is finally beat down? Or will Jim Ross fail, and we see the torch pass to another guy who tries to take down Cole's massive ego? It's possible that they might even keep Cole's PPV win streak alive all the way to WM28.

What do you guys think about this? Thoughts? Comments?

Yeah and after that we'll see Todd Grisham or some other guy who can't wrestle vs Cole. Leave the wrestling to the wrestlers. A feud can only go so far with a buildup, it has to deliver in the ring as well, which is where this feud has failed ever since Mania and is why people are begging to see it end. The best scenario I see for ending this is Swagger w/ Cole vs. Wrestler of Jr's choice w/ Jr in a ppv. Whoever's guy wins will the head announcer for RAW. We'll actually see a good match out of it, 2 guys will get a rub, and we will finally see conclusion to this and get a stable announce team.

this entire thing needs to end. it should have ended at mania....it didnt. then they should have ended at extreme rules....they didnt. if its not over by over the limit, then this feud is just being waaaaayyy to drawn out, as if it already hasnt

im not a fan of announcers who should be calling the action getting more of a push then guys like ryder, bourne, and others who could actually be used. like already said Swagger could really benefit from this, so there better be a good payoff for this seemingly never ending storyline

As much as there are still moments where Michael Cole being full of himself and talking over everyone makes me laugh, most of the time I'm pretty irritated seeing as I tune into RAW and SmackDown on a weekly basis to watch wrestling rather than hear the garbage coming out of Cole's mouth. I agree with everyone who's already posted. This storyline has gone on way too long and needs to end ASAP. Watching Extreme Rules, I was so hopeful it was finally going to end with Lawler and JR picking up the victory but of course, Michael Cole gets the cheap roll up on JR and here we go again into another useless Michael Cole promo at the start of MNR the night after the PPV. I'm not sure if Vince has lost his mind at this point, but this feud needs to end NOW. If it's not over after Over The Limit in a couple weeks...then I might lose my mind..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back