Michael Bisping Vs. Wanderlei Silva

Marquis

So MMAJunkie is reporting this match up will possibly go down at UFC 105, while some other sources say Wanderlei's manager said it won't happen. So for now lets just speculate. Little excited for this fight if it does go down. Being a big Wanderlei fan, this match up worries me a bit. Wanderlei needs this win bad, if he loses his next fight they will most likely release him. Luckily, Wanderlei actually looked good in his last fight with Franklin. Not sure how this one is going to go, really depends on what Bisping shows up. Will we see the Bisping that used footwork and picked apart Leben by hitting and moving? Or the Bisping that kept circling to Dan's right hand and let himself get pinned against the cage? With Bisping's recent devastating knockout at the hands of Henderson, i think we're gonna see a hungry and smart Bisping. Bisping now knows what it feels like to get knocked the fuck out, I'm damn sure he doesn't want that to happen again. I see Bisping sadly picking apart Wanderlei just like he did to Leben with good foot work and constant moving, and getting the unanimous decision. Leben to me was always a poor mans Wanderlei, but these days they might be the same type of fighter.

I see Bisping sadly picking apart Wanderlei just like he did to Leben with good foot work and constant moving, and getting the unanimous decision.

Not me. I think Wanderlei would be able to catch Bisping at some point. I mean, if Dan Henderson could do it, than Wanderlei Silva certainly could as well.

Plus, while I agree Leben and Wanderlei have very similar styles, Wandy is still a lot faster than Leben, so Bisping wouldn't be able to avoid Wanderlei like he could Leben, I would believe.

Leben to me was always a poor mans Wanderlei, but these days they might be the same type of fighter.

I really like Chris Leben, but I completely agree.

Personally, I've wanted to see a Chris Leben vs. Wanderlei Silva fight for a while now. That has FOTY written all over it, in my opinion.

Not me. I think Wanderlei would be able to catch Bisping at some point. I mean, if Dan Henderson could do it, than Wanderlei Silva certainly could as well.

Plus, while I agree Leben and Wanderlei have very similar styles, Wandy is still a lot faster than Leben, so Bisping wouldn't be able to avoid Wanderlei like he could Leben, I would believe.

See, the thing is Bisping showed he can take on wild looping strikers by beating Leben decisively. The Henderson fight was him just not executing his game plan properly. He was circling to Dan's power hand, actually attempted to take him down(lol), and let himself get cornered against the cage. He made mistakes, I'm sure he will learn from them. This lose will only improve Bisping now that he thinks he isn't indestructible. Bisping has beaten someone very similar to Wanderlei in Leben, maybe Wanderlei is faster, but they both remain very similar fighters. I think if Bisping did it once, he can do it again.

See, the thing is Bisping showed he can take on wild looping strikers by beating Leben decisively. The Henderson fight was him just not executing his game plan properly. He was circling to Dan's power hand, actually attempted to take him down(lol), and let himself get cornered against the cage. He made mistakes, I'm sure he will learn from them. This lose will only improve Bisping now that he thinks he isn't indestructible. Bisping has beaten someone very similar to Wanderlei in Leben, maybe Wanderlei is faster, but they both remain very similar fighters. I think if Bisping did it once, he can do it again.

I don't think it is possible to equate Leben with Silva. Sure, they have similar styles, but Wanderlei is much faster, more powerful and more aggressive then Leben could ever hope to be.

I see Wanderlei's power and aggression overwhelming Bisping's cautious style and the Axe Murderer putting him on his ass with hard punches and knees.

I don't think it is possible to equate Leben with Silva. Sure, they have similar styles, but Wanderlei is much faster, more powerful and more aggressive then Leben could ever hope to be.
I think its very possible. Wanderlei WAS faster, doesn't seem like he still is these days, i would say they're about the same. More powerful? How so? Both have one punch knock out power. As for aggressive, Leben is just as aggressive. Leben always moves forward swinging, till hes knocked out, or taken down.

I think its very possible. Wanderlei WAS faster, doesn't seem like he still is these days, i would say they're about the same. More powerful? How so? Both have one punch knock out power. As for aggressive, Leben is just as aggressive. Leben always moves forward swinging, till hes knocked out, or taken down.

There is Leben power and then there is WANDY POWER. I am uncertain of whether or not you followed a lot of Wandy's Pride fights, maybe you have, but the man is a vicious machine who kills people. Leben has decent pop in his punches, but he has nothing on Silva.

And the difference in aggression is that, yes, Leben moves forward swinging like a wild man, but he does so stupidly. Wandy throws with accuracy and bad intentions. He would mow over Leben and will win against Bisping.

There is Leben power and then there is WANDY POWER. I am uncertain of whether or not you followed a lot of Wandy's Pride fights, maybe you have, but the man is a vicious machine who kills people. Leben has decent pop in his punches, but he has nothing on Silva.
I did follow his career, I'm a big fan. Tell me what the fuck is "WANDY POWER"? Who has he knocked out with one blow to make you think he is so much stronger then Leben? The only notable person with a granite chin he has knocked out was Rampage, and that was via multiple Knee's, not one hit power. And last time i checked he doesn't even utilize his thai clinch anymore.
And the difference in aggression is that, yes, Leben moves forward swinging like a wild man
They both move forward throwing looping punches. Why do you think Wandy is 1-5 in his last 6 matches? Wandy may be a little more hesitant these days, but he throws the same looping punches. Just look at his last fight with Rampage. Went in and threw a looping punch at Rampage, and payed for it with a left hook that knocked him out. Looping punches to me don't spell accuracy, Rampage's boxing is accurate, Wandy's is like flailing till it lands.
Wandy throws with accuracy and bad intentions.
If he threw punches with accuracy, then he would be knocking out more people as of late with his knockout power. As for bad intentions? What the hell do you think a fighter intends to do when they throw a punch? Hurt someone, they all have bad intentions, its their job.

Bisping will have alot of rach on Wanderlei though, roughly about 4 inches. Chuck showed at nearly 40 that you can be agressive but at range with your striking.... note that Chuck was easily taking down Wanderlei because Silva never saw it coming, maybe thats something that can help Bisping.

But this was simply speculation considering this update.... below.

Despite multiple reports to the contrary, Wanderlei Silva will not be fighting Michael Bisping at UFC 105 in November, says Silva’s manager Rob Cardenas.

“A fight between Wanderlei Silva and Michael Bisping in November at UFC 105 has not been discussed by and between Wanderlei and the UFC. Certainly, there have been no formal proposals, or discussions relative to this match-up,” Cardenas told MMAWeekly.com Thursday afternoon. “Of course, there is speculation that such a fight will occur, and certainly there remains a possibility of such a match-up, however, at this time, rumors of the fight occurring at UFC 105, are simply that: rumors.”

Reports of the match-up surfaced Thursday morning, stating that Silva was soon to complete a deal to take on the winner of “The Ultimate Fighter” season three.

Cardenas said the fight’s timing was contrary to Silva’s wishes.

“Wanderlei and his coach, Raphael Alejarra, have both expressed a preference that Wanderlei wait until February for his next match. However, if at some point in time, such a fight is proposed by the UFC, it will be given the appropriate consideration, as do all proposals, and a decision will be made at that time,” continued Cardenas.

“In fact in a recent interview that we just completed, he’d like to fight Dan Henderson next, which he understands isn’t going to happen for a while because Dan is fighting Rich Franklin.”

Silva last appeared at UFC 93, where he lost a unanimous decision to Franklin. In post-fight interviews, Silva felt he had won the fight and requested an eventual rematch.

Cardenas did not pinpoint any names for Silva’s desired return in February.

(Editor's Note: This article was updated at 4:30 p.m. ET to reflect additional information and clarification provided by Silva's manager.)

Credit MMAnews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back