• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Bennett & Maria Kanellis Expected to Sign with TNA, Receive Big Push

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
F4WOnline.com says there are discussions for a big push for Michael Bennett when he starts with TNA.

It was previously reported that Bennett and his wife, Maria Kanellis, are signing with TNA under guaranteed contracts after finishing up their contractual obligations with Ring of Honor.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/657...h-in-2016-cw-show-looking#vm6uhhHiGzYqdyy3.99

--

This is somewhat old news at this point—the aspect/rumor of Bennett and Kanellis expecting to sign and debut for TNA's 1/5 Pop TV launch, at least—but it stands to reason TNA would put a lot behind Bennett if and when he does, in fact, debut. He's still got the youth they need to make him one of their own at just 30-years old, especially when you consider that's the same age they brought EC3 in at, and in less than two years he's arguably their brightest star and a major piece of their future.

Whether he's coming alone or not, we won't know until closer to the Pop debut, but there's plenty there with Bennett himself to work with, even if he is the only signing to debut out of the gate.

So I take it that him and Matt Taven lost the tag belts to War Machine any way he'ii make a fine addition to the X division.

I know this is a stupid question, but what is a guaranteed contract? I thought all contracts guarantee that you would work and get paid.

Haven't seen much of Bennett wrestle, but still remember Maria from her WWE days. Too bad she isn't coming back, the Diva's division might be able to use her.

I know this is a stupid question, but what is a guaranteed contract? I thought all contracts guarantee that you would work and get paid.

It means they get paid a guaranteed certain amount of money even if they don't work, or if they get released.

Anyway, I really like the signing. Bennett's good, but Maria makes him great. I really respect how Maria stuck with the business after getting released, working the indies, Japan, and joining ROH. Most of the women from the Diva Search collect their WWE paycheck and once WWE is done with them, they bail on pro wrestling. But she fell in love with it, worked hard at it, and was able to be apart of some great stuff in wrestling after WWE let her go.

I haven't watched an Impact episode in quite a long while, but this signing and promising of a push definitely raises my intrigue in the company and where it's possibly headed. I hope it turns out well for everyone involved.

A guaranteed rate/salary. Meaning whether he hits N number of dates, whether he performs at live events, whether he's used on television or not, etc. He's paid.

I wonder if that could cause a certain amount of displeasure for the rest of the locker room!! See 2 new comers with guaranteed contract while you're fighting to keep TNA from sinking for a long time!! Hmmmmmmmmm I guess we'll have to wait and see!!

I wonder if that could cause a certain amount of displeasure for the rest of the locker room!! See 2 new comers with guaranteed contract while you're fighting to keep TNA from sinking for a long time!! Hmmmmmmmmm I guess we'll have to wait and see!!

They need to be used to it by now, TNA has always signed established talent to big contracts + pushed them over their home grown talents, it's one of the reasons that their product doesn't have much lasting power, outside of AJ Styles and EC3, I can't think of any big stars TNA Made.

They need to be used to it by now, TNA has always signed established talent to big contracts + pushed them over their home grown talents, it's one of the reasons that their product doesn't have much lasting power, outside of AJ Styles and EC3, I can't think of any big stars TNA Made.

I'm assuming you've never heard of Eric Young, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Abyss, Frankie Kazarian even the Wildcat Chris Harris, Monty Brown and Xavier Woods got their recognition from TNA.

I'm assuming you've never heard of Eric Young, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Abyss, Frankie Kazarian even the Wildcat Chris Harris, Monty Brown , Xavier Woods( Consequences Creed), Amazing Red, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries , Christopher Daniels and STING! ( STING who is jobbing and STINKS now in wwe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back