Mexican region, Guadalajara subregion, 1st round: (7) Manami Toyota vs (10) MsChif

Who wins this match up?

• Manami Toyota

• MsChif

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a first round match in the Mexican region. It is a standard wrestling match. It will be held at the VFG Arena in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.

ubt-arena-vfg.jpg

ManamiToyota(2).jpg

#7 Manami Toyota

VS.

tumblr_mo8gmm7J211rg89a6o1_500.jpg

#10 MsChif

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

I love MsChif. She became my favorite wrestler on the indy circuit when I first started watching it. Those posters that remember me from the old days know that I was a huge women's wrestling fanatic, and MsChif would have been on my top 5. Though I've grown out of that phase and haven't watched any of her newer stuff at all, I still get allot of nostalgia watching her older stuff. Like her SHIMMER battles with Awesome Kong and Melissa.

That being said Manami Toyota is the greatest and most popular women's wrestler ever to come out of Japan. If Trish was the female Hogan then this was the female Antonio Inoki. She worked in every single top women's promotion in Japan and won all the top titles. WWWA? Check. AJW? Check. ARISON? Check. GAEA Japan? Check. With a staggering 2600+ days spent at the top of these promotions.

I think Mickie James is the only woman to hold all the major women's titles in the US. Now add the SHIMMER title and make each of her 10X reigns about 4 times as long, and she'd be in the same ballpark as Manami.

Toyota is so popular I may not be able to stop her from getting past Burke in the second round. But she cruises for now.

Toyota, the protege of the legendary two-time WWWA Champion and Hall of Famer, Jaguar Yokota (Another name left out of this for Miss Tessmacher), is without question one of the greatest professional wrestlers, male or female, that ever graced the squared circle. If Madusa was Ric Flair, Toyota was Bruno Sammartino. Her list of accomplishments, starting with her 4 times as WWWA Champion, the same belt held by her mentor, Jaguar Yokota, and the same title that was held by someone who was arguably the greatest female wrestler of all time, Mildred Burke herself, are so numerous that it would overrun this Forum's bandwith. Even if she never won anything, her 14 5 Star matches (There have only been 75 matches granted such status) would have shown her greatness on their own.

MsChif is in a very sad position. One of the very best in the Indies. If she ever gave up her day job and went full time, she would be terrifying. She would also be one of the best in the World, bar none. Sadly, she is given an undeserved lower seed, facing someone who should have been a 3 seed at the very least. As a former 2-time NWA World Women's Champ, MsChif deserved better. Sadly, this is the equivalent of Shawn Michaels taking on Bruno Sammartino in Madison Square Garden. As Sammartino would have defeated Michaels, Toyota will dispatch Mschif. Toyota advances.

There's really not a lot left to say, Ech and Stingray have broken this down very well.

Toyota has to get the nod, in my opinion she became the greatest Joshi to ever lace them up, her accomplishments don't even need to be listed out this early in the process, and they're clearly enough for her to edge out MsChif, but in her own right, MsChif has an argument with Melissa and Del Rey as the greatest American women's wrestler to never make a splash on the National scene, and the list of women she has defeated and title reigns she has enjoyed, grant her undeniable legendary status herself.

Sadly both women were underseeded and Mschif should've been afforded the right to advance a couple of rounds before running into an opponent that has her so clearly overmatched.

Also as a side note, since she will go down this round and I won't get to say it, Did You Know?... MsChif has been equally impressive in her other chosen profession- that of Microbiology, where she is one of the leading researchers in the U.S. on the effects of antibiotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back