Mexican promotion AAA ripping off triple H?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crymetyme

Dark Match Winner
I was bored today, so I decided to check out Lucha Libre on Galavision, only to find D-Generation Mex led by X-pac (complete with D-X music) and upon internet research of the promotion, I also discovered that their king of the ring tourney was named "Rey del Reyes", or literally the king of kings. Perhaps AAA is ripping off Triple H and by proxy the WWE as revenge for taking the three A's and changing them into three H's, but probably just because they can, since they do not have to follow American copyrights in Mexico. However, WWE could sue Galavision for televising the gimmick infringement over American airwaves.
I also realized that NWA was ripping off the ring design of AAA, instead of advertising for Corona light, NWA advertises for Full Throttle Blue Demon energy drink on their ring.
This thread does have a greater purpose than just pointing out that if Vince McMahon saw AAA, he would sue Galavision. The main point of this thread is to expose how wrestling promotions rip off of each other (mostly how TNA rips off WWE's storylines almost right after they air sometimes.) For example, The whole stealing the belt and threatening to press charges happened between Priceless and CrymeTyme in September, and now In TNA last week.

Really? You made a thread for this? Triple H isn't the original King of Kings, ya know.

I suppose that if you saw that Michael Douglas/Sean Penn movie from the 90s, that it would be ripping off Triple H too.

Well to begin with, the Rey de Reyes tournament started 12 years ago and the King of Kings name for HHH came, and I'm being generous here, 5 years ago. If nothing else WWE is ripping off AAA. As far as Generation Mex goes, seriously who cares? To find a truly unique gimmick anymore is nearly impossible. WCW did nearly blatant ripoffs of gimmicks the WWE "came up with" in their dying days. Vampiro was Gangrel, Shawn Stasiak was Mr. Perfect and later on Val Venis, Booker T having his catchphrase being said at the beginning of his song and being called the People's Champion, or Sean O'Haire using a move called the Seanton Bomb. It happens all the time and there's no company that hasn't done it at one time or another. The problem is that at the end of the day, it's still a different gimmick officially, and the main issue would be this: who cares? It's a Mexican wrestling company that most Americans, the primary WWE audience, have never even heard of. Really not that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back