Met Cena today

MERPER

Championship Contender
John Cena was at my office today, filming something so I got to meet him and wanted to share a couple stories:

1) Co-worker brought in his 7-year-old son to meet him... so cena came up and said to kid "would you like to take a picture?" kid got super shy and didn't answer so then he goes "well, i want to take a picture with you is that ok?"... so kid goes sure.. cena gets down on his knees, in a full suit mind you, they take a photo... then cena notices kid is wearing minions shoes and starts a convo with him about the movies

2) I talked to him for a few minutes... told him how my sister and I were at his first ever match in Chicago vs. Kurt Angle and how he gave my sister an autograph outside afterwards, so he joked and said "nobody knew who i was i bet she threw it out by now, want a replacement for her?" i didn't want to get too unprofessional so said no thank you and told him she still has it framed in her room and he smiled and said "that is one heck of a fan, tell her thanks"

Super nice guy. Very classy. So, if you boo him I hope you know the man behind the character is awesome (as evidence by his make a wish foundation work).

I can see Cena being a cool guy for sure and I do enjoy him in comedy roles in movies. Wrestling wise, I don't even boo him, I just sigh, great talent doing the same old stchik which is pretty drab to begin with.

I think personally it's great story and shows why he's on top of the food chain in the WWE and will stay there for a long time.

When you hear stories of other wrestlers being dicks or standoffish, nice to see someone who really appreciates the people who have supported him. Yes I know its PR, but you hear things like this about him all the time.

BTW I would have taken that second autograph, why not it was offered and you didn't ask for it. Would have been a nice memento of your experience.

Cena is genuinely an awesome human being, he always goes out of his way to make people (Specifically kids) happy.

I think personally it's great story and shows why he's on top of the food chain in the WWE and will stay there for a long time.

When you hear stories of other wrestlers being dicks or standoffish, nice to see someone who really appreciates the people who have supported him. Yes I know its PR, but you hear things like this about him all the time.

BTW I would have taken that second autograph, why not it was offered and you didn't ask for it. Would have been a nice memento of your experience.

I work in sports journalism and we are told from the start to never accept anything that could be considered a gift, so I knew she didn't need it and therefore didn't want to push a boundary.

I'm lucky my boss was ok with me getting a photo with him as that's not usually even allowed.

Heck, one time I interviewed Joe Montana for a story and he mailed me (or had his publicist do it) an autographed photo afterward and my boss at the time made me send it back and kindly explain why I could not accept it.

Wrestling fans booing or cheering for wrestlers has nothing to do with what kind of person the out-of-character wrestler is.

Wrestling fans booing or cheering for wrestlers has nothing to do with what kind of person the out-of-character wrestler is.

I agree with you and understand that but we both know many people out there either don't care to separate the two or are too stupid to understand the difference.

I mean in recent months we've seen fans throw several items at Roman Reigns and one fan slap/make contact with Strowman's face/head.

While they're reacting to the character played by those men, those actions can directly hurt the real person.

Throwing anything at any athlete is a deplorable action.

I agree with you and understand that but we both know many people out there either don't care to separate the two or are too stupid to understand the difference.

I mean in recent months we've seen fans throw several items at Roman Reigns and one fan slap/make contact with Strowman's face/head.

While they're reacting to the character played by those men, those actions can directly hurt the real person.

Throwing anything at any athlete is a deplorable action.

OK but I don't recall anyone ever being injured by boos, so my point is that your point doesn't make sense, it doesn't matter how nice of a guy Cena is.

I work in sports journalism and we are told from the start to never accept anything that could be considered a gift, so I knew she didn't need it and therefore didn't want to push a boundary.

I'm lucky my boss was ok with me getting a photo with him as that's not usually even allowed.

Heck, one time I interviewed Joe Montana for a story and he mailed me (or had his publicist do it) an autographed photo afterward and my boss at the time made me send it back and kindly explain why I could not accept it.

Well that's a bitch, but I can see it.

OK but I don't recall anyone ever being injured by boos, so my point is that your point doesn't make sense, it doesn't matter how nice of a guy Cena is.

My only point is that while it's easy to say that everyone should understand wrestlers aren't like their character and they boo the character not the person... points I mostly agree with you on...

Not everyone is that mature or smart enough to separate the person from the character. Many people are either too hate-filled or too dumb nowadays to bother making the distinction.

Nice story.

Some meetings with wrestlers have affected my view on them and if I cheer for them or not.

Mark Henry and MVP being two of the ones that made go from indifference to hoping they had good careers.

It's pretty cool that you and that kid both had positive experiences with Cena.

Nice story.

Some meetings with wrestlers have affected my view on them and if I cheer for them or not.

Mark Henry and MVP being two of the ones that made go from indifference to hoping they had good careers.

It's pretty cool that you and that kid both had positive experiences with Cena.

Cool to hear Mark Henry and MVP were good enough to you to change their view.

I met Kane back in 2002 while working at a sports memorabilia shop. Same kind of thing with him where, back then, I hated him as he was doing real terrible things during Attitude Era but dude was so nice in person.

I suspect most of them are nice guys, knowing their whole livelihood is really based on fans and how fans react to them. If fans don't care about their character or wrestling as a whole, they'd have no career.

Very sweet story. Must be exhausting.

Doesn't make up for barebacking Tamina though...

John Cena, dead at age 38 per my Facebook wall. I can only assume this is true and MERPER killed him by refusing the autograph he offered.

God speed John Cena. Sorry MERPER killed you but this should help you in this year's WZ Tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back