Mentorship Program General Discussion

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
This thread has been opened up for the community to discuss the launch of the Mentorship Program. For those of you who are unaware of this program, here is the official thread:

Do you guys have questions to ask about the program? Who do you think has the most interesting pairing? Which mentee will become the bigger star? Will any of these pairings dissolve before the program ends? Let's here your thoughts about the matter as community feedback is best feedback.

Discuss.

To give you the short version:

Numbers had an idea to throw some sort of Mentor/Mentee pairing together (prior to Kermit's simulations) and we thought this would be the best time to do so. We then matched the lowcard guys (mentee's) with the best possible mentors (midcard guys) for them, either creating polar opposites or interesting mixes.

We'll give the detailed answers when the profiles of each pairings go up.

Assuming there's a similar batch of rookies who are looking for help around the time this ends, is it possible we'll see another "season" of this after this one?

Admittedly interested, even if it'd just end up in me being the Heath Slater or Primo of the either group.

Will all of these pairings be spilling outside of AF. Like Darren can show up with John during any of his matches?

Assuming there's a similar batch of rookies who are looking for help around the time this ends, is it possible we'll see another "season" of this after this one?

Admittedly interested, even if it'd just end up in me being the Heath Slater or Kelly Kelly of the either group.

That is a question only time can answer, I'm afraid. So much can happen in-between cycles that its hard to predict the future. However, we aren't ruling this out just yet and we may even require other pairings to be added into the fray should something happen (knock on wood that nothing bad goes wrong).

Honestly, we are just going with the flow on this one and keep a close eye on everything.

Will all of these pairings be spilling outside of AF. Like Darren can show up with John during any of his matches?

Most definitely.

Aftershock is the main grounds for this program so it makes for a more interesting read but that doesn't restrict the pairings from appearing on MD/AS.

Will we see any special attractions such as Kurtesy vs. Tastic on Aftershock because of their involvement in the program?

Will we see any special attractions such as Kurtesy vs. Tastic on Aftershock because of their involvement in the program?

Will we see rookies attempt to take on some of the other mentors at some point?

Probably... I can't predict the future cards but I'd be betting on some of these happening. Hell, it'd be interesting if we did through some matches like Kurtesy vs. Tastic or Titus vs. Krypto.

There will absolutely be tag team matches. I expect a full spectrum of stories to develop. Friction will be a factor I am sure but I also think that the opposite can happen and a potential team/stable can come out of it.

I think Titus will have something to say about that.

Arashi's comments "I would go for tag gold but I'd have to beat two men by myself with a blowup doll for a tag partner. No thank you!"

So pretty much til Christmas? (one show round is approx 2 weeks, 2 rounds at 8 weeks = 16 weeks = 4 months).

Yeah. I think we worked out that one WZCW yearly cycle is actually close to 60 weeks. At two weeks per round a normal cycle is around two months from PPV to PPV.

Obviously only the finalists will be involved for that long.

If this storyline is to last until christmas why weren't mentors asked if they wanted to do this?
I notice half the list is creative so I assume creative got to pick their mentees? How is that fair?

NB I'm not having a go at this, just the process doesn't seem just to some people, if half the list knew why didn't the full list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back